There are 191 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by dhp318:
If he can contribute then that's HUGE for this team, especially because our cornerbacks are doo-doo.

What makes you say that? Depth is suspect, I'll give you that. But the starters are solid. Verrett can be an all pro level corner if he has another healthy year.

Agreed. JV... Mosely.. Ward and Tartt Is nice group of players to have In the secondary. As for the depth, It all depends on the young guys we drafted. Thomas Is looking good thus far, so that's a positive. Hopefully the other young guys turn out to be good prospects too.
Who gets more reps, Samson or Ford?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Howlett49:

I would think Samson and they work Ford in slowly.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I would think Samson and they work Ford in slowly.

Yeah that's kind of what I would hope. I'd like to see them try to keep Ford healthy and fresh as much as possible. We're going to need all hands on deck for the SB run!!

Dee Ford. According to Samson, he's playing the open side, which is where Bosa normally plays. That means he's backing Bosa up. He could also be the starter to start the season if they decide to ease Bosa back in.

Of course, this is assuming the structure of the DL remains as it's been the last few years. It'll probably be AA-DJ-Kinlaw-Bosa as base and Ford-AA-Kinlaw-Bosa on rush downs with Ebukam on the second line.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 7, 2021 at 2:37 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Sounds like he's turn the corner and is ready to get back on the field again. Let's focus on that.

If he can contribute then that's HUGE for this team, especially because our cornerbacks are doo-doo.

Pretty simple. If he's healthy and brings it the entire year it's Super Bowl time.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Sounds like he's turn the corner and is ready to get back on the field again. Let's focus on that.

most of us are still proceeding with extreme caution on him

If he can't get back on the field now - you can forget about him coming back.

Yeah this is a huge surprise in an area of need. If JV and Ford can stay healthy we can win a Sb
well,,, it will at the very least cover up what i think is a less than average secondary aside from jason who we HOPE I is healthy. i think this is a solid 10 11 win team if all goes well

100% agree with you guys. Secondary is OK when healthy...

A great pass rush makes secondary jobs much easier.

So if by some miracle Ford stays healthy and Bosa is back healthy....this defense is going right back to 2019 levels or better. And if we see Kinlaw jump.... it's going to be silly with a nice rotation to boot. But.... we need to stay healthy
Oh that's what he's been doing for the last three years.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Oh that's what he's been doing for the last three years.

looks like sammy davis
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
100% agree with you guys. Secondary is OK when healthy...

A great pass rush makes secondary jobs much easier.

So if by some miracle Ford stays healthy and Bosa is back healthy....this defense is going right back to 2019 levels or better. And if we see Kinlaw jump.... it's going to be silly with a nice rotation to boot. But.... we need to stay healthy

Then add-in HaHa, Jefferson (when he returns from IR), Huff, and Kendricks. Our defense is top notch and deep.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
looks like sammy davis

I was thinking Stevie Wonder with short hair lol
I'm going Sammy Davis
God I hope this man stays healthy. He is a premier edge rusher when healthy. But I have my doubts he can stay healthy. Theres a reason Chiefs fans thought they fleeced us in this trade.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
God I hope this man stays healthy. He is a premier edge rusher when healthy. But I have my doubts he can stay healthy. Theres a reason Chiefs fans thought they fleeced us in this trade.

Agreed. Glad to see him slowly making improvements
If he's healthy enough to even play obvious 3rd down pass plays this D will be top 5
Share 49ersWebzone