LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
This guy ain't coming back. It's June and our head coach still doesn't know for sure what his status is.

they're worried about OTAs causing his back issues to flare up. You telling me 2-3 more months would be the difference between him not playing and him playing? Nahhh. If we're this close to the season and we still don't know whether he's good or not, that means he's not good.

So you're point is 3 months is not a possible benefit regarding an injury, as opposed to if the season was just about to start? I will concede that Ford's history does not inspire optimism. But I will hold out hope until he hits the IR again.

You basically said it towards the end there yourself. Still holding out some hope as well, but it's pretty obvious that this guys body is just way to beat up.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
As much as these contracts cost, you'd think there would be Lemon Laws against players like Dee Ford. We should sue KC...and Dee Ford's parents.

Lol lemon laws. That's a good comparison. We should put a big billboard at Levi's "Have a Lemon? Let us help you out today!"
Originally posted by Silky:
As much as these contracts cost, you'd think there would be Lemon Laws against players like Dee Ford. We should sue KC...and Dee Ford's parents.

Lol lemon laws. That's a good comparison. We should put a big billboard at Levi's "Have a Lemon? Let us help you out today!"

I'm sure the league owners would love that but the players association would never allow it. If the owners had their way there would be no portion of the contract guaranteed.
Originally posted by Silky:

Man, "f**K' that and the lemon laws or owners. We should sue GOD for creating / selling a defective product.

• dj43
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Is he good to play now or still injured?

Honestly, I don't even know what his injury is anymore. Seriously, I don't. I get it, there's a noticeable difference on the defense when he's not in the game. But I'm at the point that I think we seriously need to cut bait with him if he is placed on any injury list during the season. If he can't stay healthy give him an injury settlement and cut our losses.

The re-negotiated contract means he is here until 2022. His cap hit for next season is $11M. There is no way we can afford to cut him this year.

Yeah, I know. That was a total frustration post. I'm just sick and tired of this guy not being able to play, for one reason or another. Every time we look up he's recovering from something serious. My feeling is that we will get maybe a half a season out of him. I mean, the guy is so dammed brittle that I wonder if we need to play him wrapped in bubble wrap.

What good is having him on the roster if we can't fully realize his talent?

I think the Niners are hanging on to him because they don't gain much in cap space if they cut him. They feel they're better off keeping him and hoping they can ge ta few good snaps out of him.

I would be OK if he waited until the playoffs and then just balls out through the SB. Of course, we want more than that but...
Originally posted by dj43:
I would be OK if he waited until the playoffs and then just balls out through the SB. Of course, we want more than that but...

That's what I was hoping for all last yr Dj,…it never happended.
Have hope but very little
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TreyAreeeaaa:
Have hope but very little

All will be forgotten if he comes back and plays.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 11, 2021 at 9:11 PM ]
FU Dee Ford, you're a thief.
Originally posted by AceDuce49:

Totally his fault that he hurt his back, stay classy

Originally posted by illinois9er:

Totally his fault that he hurt his back, stay classy

Ya fans like that are a joke.

C'mon…no need for that here.
We need First On Race Day. Not Found On Road Dead.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

It sucks when players get hurt, especially after being early draft picks or getting paid big money since you want to see these guys play but I never understood why some fans get so angry at players for getting hurt.

I mean you really think they prefer to deal with the rehab and isolation vs playing and being able to help their team win?

I saw a guy on Twitter claim we should've cut Jalen Hurd 2 years ago(as in before he even got hurt) this is the type of nonsense some fans put out there.

So quick to trash/cut players when they're injured. Yeah Ford likely will never play for us again but he was a key part of our team in 2019. I don't fault the team for bringing him in and I don't fault him for getting hurt.

I do wish we put in more protection from injury into his contract but we were desperate for pass rushers so had to do what we had to do I guess.
  • Mr711
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

It sucks when players get hurt, especially after being early draft picks or getting paid big money since you want to see these guys play but I never understood why some fans get so angry at players for getting hurt.

I mean you really think they prefer to deal with the rehab and isolation vs playing and being able to help their team win?

I saw a guy on Twitter claim we should've cut Jalen Hurd 2 years ago(as in before he even got hurt) this is the type of nonsense some fans put out there.

So quick to trash/cut players when they're injured. Yeah Ford likely will never play for us again but he was a key part of our team in 2019. I don't fault the team for bringing him in and I don't fault him for getting hurt.

I do wish we put in more protection from injury into his contract but we were desperate for pass rushers so had to do what we had to do I guess.

No , we didn't have to do anything. We did not need to make that trade either.
I totally see why they did but they didn't have to. They traded for a player with a known history of injuries. From concussions to back issues. He was bound to start falling apart.
[ Edited by MrNineSeven on Jun 13, 2021 at 11:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone