LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Dee Ford, DE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Then he needs to just freaking retire . Can't keep tying this teams hands by keeping his salary on the books. And if that's the case then shame on the FO for restructuring his deal

Why is it shame on the front office when his neck injury happened after the restructure?

It's shame on them in general for ever restructuring the deal in the first place. btw, the neck/back issues were there in KC. It was a dumb move to restructure him, not sure how anyone can defend that
Workmans comp fraud case
Then he needs to just freaking retire . Can't keep tying this teams hands by keeping his salary on the books. And if that's the case then shame on the FO for restructuring his deal

Why is it shame on the front office when his neck injury happened after the restructure?

It's shame on them in general for ever restructuring the deal in the first place. btw, the neck/back issues were there in KC. It was a dumb move to restructure him, not sure how anyone can defend that

I'll defend it because it was a risk worth taking to win. He helped them win last year.

If you are so smart why didn't you complain about his back/neck injury when they traded for him and redo his deal? Oh, that's right, you didn't, because you only prop yourself up after the fact as some NFL front office genius. How's that lack of front office paycheck treating ya, genius?

The arrogance of some on this forum...
[ Edited by captveg on Nov 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
I think the risk we took on Dee Ford was pretty bad. KC was selling high because he was always injured. The equivalent would've been someone trading for Jimmy Ward in the offseason. It was a very Baalke-like move to go after a guy with a history of major leg, knee, or spine related injuries.

And please don't bring up Gore or TJ Watt.
[ Edited by All22 on Nov 1, 2020 at 1:05 PM ]
A premiere edge rusher for a 2nd round pick. I make that deal every time.

Who gives a crap about the money? He could have been paid $500 billion last year and I wouldn't care. It's not my money.

You roll the dice every move you make. Sometimes it doesn't work out.

Also, the book isn't closed yet. Sure, it doesn't look like he's returning anytime soon, but weirder things have happened.

I'll defend it because it was a risk worth taking to win. He helped them win last year.

If you are so smart why didn't you complain about his back/neck injury when they traded for him and redo his deal? Oh, that's right, you didn't, because you only prop yourself up after the fact as some NFL front office genius. How's that lack of front office paycheck treating ya, genius?

The arrogance of some on this forum...

I'm not arguing about the trade, I was for it. And the way the contract was setup it allowed them to get out of it with no financial ramifications if he started to break down . That luxury is out the window now
Jesus get a grip. It speaks volumes about you that my relatively harmless opinion on this got your so wound up. Lighten up dude. And you pontificating on arrogance of others is hilarious
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 1, 2020 at 1:19 PM ]
It wasn't your comment alone. It's been months of keyboard warriors talking themselves up and ripping Ford who would shrivel up in Ford's presence in real life. It's the McKinnon thread all over again. You just happened to be the last straw for me.

This board sickens me so much at times.
It wasn't your comment alone. It's been months of keyboard warriors talking themselves up and ripping Ford who would shrivel up in Ford's presence in real life. It's the McKinnon thread all over again. You just happened to be the last straw for me.

Well you responded to me on a valid comment about the contract restructure. Nowhere did I say I was against the trade.
You might want to step away if it bothers you that much, it's not healthy
Well you responded to me on a valid comment about the contract restructure. Nowhere did I say I was against the trade.
You might want to step away if it bothers you that much, it's not healthy

My health is fine, thanks. I don't plan to post in these threads often. Like I said, been letting the keyboard warriors puff up their chest for months already.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 1, 2020 at 1:33 PM ]

A premiere edge rusher for a 2nd round pick. I make that deal every time.

Who gives a crap about the money? He could have been paid $500 billion last year and I wouldn't care. It's not my money.

You roll the dice every move you make. Sometimes it doesn't work out.

Also, the book isn't closed yet. Sure, it doesn't look like he's returning anytime soon, but weirder things have happened.

If it's about Coaching staff contract, none of us give a s**t because that's not our money like you're saying.

But bad contract decisions do affect the team in a big way. Remember there's a salary cap? That money could be going towards a star player or two decent ones that make it to the field.
Can I just say god I hate this guy? God I hate this guy. Gets paid and "injured" such an NFL theme these days. God I hate this guy.
Oh, I love how he shows up to practice one day with a tight neck and then is just in IR for a back injury. Porcelain freaking doll
Dee just RETIRE already and take Pettis with you.

Share 49ersWebzone