LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I can't stand to see players posting videos of strength training after an ACL injury. Especially LBs and RBs. The real issue is cutting and changing direction. Let me see some cone drills.

Yup. It's all about lateral speed, change of direction and ability to pivot/back pedal. We saw Bowman completely fall off a cliff but he was still great running in a straight line and closing.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 25, 2019 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
I can't stand to see players posting videos of strength training after an ACL injury. Especially LBs and RBs. The real issue is cutting and changing direction. Let me see some cone drills.

Verrett posted some of those drills and I'd put a Achilles injuries up there with an ACL as well.
"I feel legendary," Alexander said."
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
You know he wants so bad to play week 1 against Tampa Bay. Hope he's ready to go f**k s**t up

Exactly, in front of their crowd too.

McKinnon had exact same opportunity....feel bad he didn't get to play. I'm sure we'll show the Vikes in January.....
I like this guy, enjoy his interviews. I can see why so many players and coaches have said he is such a positive locker room guy. A solid season from him will be a huge plus for this D.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I like this guy, enjoy his interviews. I can see why so many players and coaches have said he is such a positive locker room guy. A solid season from him will be a huge plus for this D.

He was considered a team leader with the Bucs. A player known to get the team pumped up, but without finger licking.
Originally posted by thl408:

He was considered a team leader with the Bucs. A player known to get the team pumped up, but without finger licking.

Gotta eat those Ws
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need me some Kwon.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by braap49er:
I doubt they would let him do it if they didn't think it was safe

Agreed, I see this as a positive sign. That knee looks like it is ready to go right now.

He needs to do explosive lateral cuts. That's the real test. He could squat a couple months after surgery. Straight line stuff is for social media... the cutting ability is the true test of recovery.

Those look like a modified power clean. The fact he doesn't have to snatch it may make it safer than a power clean.

Originally posted by mayo49:
I need me some Kwon.

Originally posted by NCommand:

I guess
Love this guy, love the pickup
10. Of note, Shanahan anticipates linebacker Kwon Alexander to make his preseason debut on Saturday against the Kansas City Chiefs.

https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-broncos-preseason-win-10-takeaways
excited to see how Kwon and Fred lead this defense, if Kwon is back full strength this defense is going to be good
Share 49ersWebzone