LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Hopefully he's ready for Week 1

It will take some time to get into game shape. I doubt he'll be a full go week 1.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Will Alexander be available at the start of training camp?

Not in my opinion. I'd actually be surprised if he's ready for the start of the season. An acl is really a 12 month recovery in most cases. If he's back too early he could risk reinjury.

I'm guessing more like week 4.
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Jul 10, 2019 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

Not in my opinion. I'd actually be surprised if he's ready for the start of the season. An acl is really a 12 month recovery in most cases. If he's back too early he could risk reinjury.

Jimmy G is gonna be full go for training camp and his ACL was only like 2 weeks earlier.

Saleh said back end of May that Kwon will being participating in training camp. Most likely not full go but I don't see why he doesn't play week 1
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

Jimmy G is gonna be full go for training camp and his ACL was only like 2 weeks earlier.

Saleh said back end of May that Kwon will being participating in training camp. Most likely not full go but I don't see why he doesn't play week 1

A QBs timeline is probably different than a linebacker.

Yes. Will he be practicing? Remains to be seen.

I'm not 100% on the serverity of his injury vs Jimmy's(i think Jimmy's wasn't too bad as far as ACLs go) and you figure Kwon got hurt 3 weeks later and linebackers have to move a lot more. My guess they ease him in but we've also seen monsters like Adrian Peterson tear up their knee both ACL and MCL in late December and comes back next season week 1 to rush for 2000+ yards.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Maybe, I'd also think they'd give their most important player as much time off as necessary....I'm assuming Kwon is suiting up come week 1 (snap count maybe).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 10, 2019 at 11:53 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Yes. Will he be practicing? Remains to be seen.

I'm not 100% on the serverity of his injury vs Jimmy's(i think Jimmy's wasn't too bad as far as ACLs go) and you figure Kwon got hurt 3 weeks later and linebackers have to move a lot more. My guess they ease him in but we've also seen monsters like Adrian Peterson tear up their knee both ACL and MCL in late December and comes back next season week 1 to rush for 2000+ yards.

I remember when Thomas Davis tore his ACL 3xs only to come back and be a pro-bowler and still be rocking out at 36
I remember when Thomas Davis tore his ACL 3xs only to come back and be a pro-bowler and still be rocking out at 36

I'm surprised 9Moon hasn't nicknamed you 'Data Man'. Thats great info, hopefully, Kwon has no more acl tears and becomes a pro bowler!
Originally posted by tommyncal:

I'm surprised 9Moon hasn't nicknamed you 'Data Man'. Thats great info, hopefully, Kwon has no more injuries and becomes an all pro

Fixed that for you.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Maybe, I'd also think they'd give their most important player as much time off as necessary....I'm assuming Kwon is suiting up come week 1 (snap count maybe).

Not to mention that players are not allowed to hit the QB in practice.

I'm surprised 9Moon hasn't nicknamed you 'Data Man'. Thats great info, hopefully, Kwon has no more acl tears and becomes a pro bowler!

Oh god, I don't want to know what nickname Moon would have for me lol
I don't see any reason why he's not ready week 1

Oh god, I don't want to know what nickname Moon would have for me lol

... now I kinda want to know actually
Originally posted by 49ersSquad:

Holy hell. That's impressive but really, this is safe???
Share 49ersWebzone