There are 91 users in the forums

Niners Sign Kwon Alexander

Hopefully he's ready for Week 1
I wonder if we'll move Kwon to MIKE and Warner to WILL so Kwon doesn't have to move laterally as much and can play more downhill. He's also capable of wearing the headset too...although Warner seemed fine with this too and got better and could relay from the WILL too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I wonder if we'll move Kwon to MIKE and Warner to WILL so Kwon doesn't have to move laterally as much and can play more downhill. He's also capable of wearing the headset too...although Warner seemed fine with this too and got better and could relay from the WILL too.

Nah I think Kwon will play Will but he might wear the dot actually.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I wonder if we'll move Kwon to MIKE and Warner to WILL so Kwon doesn't have to move laterally as much and can play more downhill. He's also capable of wearing the headset too...although Warner seemed fine with this too and got better and could relay from the WILL too.

Nah I think Kwon will play Will but he might wear the dot actually.

The WILL just has far more space on that weak side. Plus moving players is kind of what we do. LOL. I would imagine your plan is optimal if health permitting. If not, maybe the go another route to get him on the field sooner.
Will Alexander be available at the start of training camp?
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Hopefully he's ready for Week 1

It will take some time to get into game shape. I doubt he'll be a full go week 1.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Will Alexander be available at the start of training camp?

Not in my opinion. I'd actually be surprised if he's ready for the start of the season. An acl is really a 12 month recovery in most cases. If he's back too early he could risk reinjury.

I'm guessing more like week 4.
[ Edited by TTown9ers on Jul 10, 2019 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Will Alexander be available at the start of training camp?

Not in my opinion. I'd actually be surprised if he's ready for the start of the season. An acl is really a 12 month recovery in most cases. If he's back too early he could risk reinjury.

I'm guessing more like week 4.

Jimmy G is gonna be full go for training camp and his ACL was only like 2 weeks earlier.

Saleh said back end of May that Kwon will being participating in training camp. Most likely not full go but I don't see why he doesn't play week 1
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Will Alexander be available at the start of training camp?

Not in my opinion. I'd actually be surprised if he's ready for the start of the season. An acl is really a 12 month recovery in most cases. If he's back too early he could risk reinjury.

I'm guessing more like week 4.

Jimmy G is gonna be full go for training camp and his ACL was only like 2 weeks earlier.

Saleh said back end of May that Kwon will being participating in training camp. Most likely not full go but I don't see why he doesn't play week 1

A QBs timeline is probably different than a linebacker.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Will Alexander be available at the start of training camp?

Yes. Will he be practicing? Remains to be seen.

I'm not 100% on the serverity of his injury vs Jimmy's(i think Jimmy's wasn't too bad as far as ACLs go) and you figure Kwon got hurt 3 weeks later and linebackers have to move a lot more. My guess they ease him in but we've also seen monsters like Adrian Peterson tear up their knee both ACL and MCL in late December and comes back next season week 1 to rush for 2000+ yards.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
A QBs timeline is probably different than a linebacker.

Maybe, I'd also think they'd give their most important player as much time off as necessary....I'm assuming Kwon is suiting up come week 1 (snap count maybe).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 10, 2019 at 11:53 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Yes. Will he be practicing? Remains to be seen.

I'm not 100% on the serverity of his injury vs Jimmy's(i think Jimmy's wasn't too bad as far as ACLs go) and you figure Kwon got hurt 3 weeks later and linebackers have to move a lot more. My guess they ease him in but we've also seen monsters like Adrian Peterson tear up their knee both ACL and MCL in late December and comes back next season week 1 to rush for 2000+ yards.

I remember when Thomas Davis tore his ACL 3xs only to come back and be a pro-bowler and still be rocking out at 36
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I remember when Thomas Davis tore his ACL 3xs only to come back and be a pro-bowler and still be rocking out at 36

I'm surprised 9Moon hasn't nicknamed you 'Data Man'. Thats great info, hopefully, Kwon has no more acl tears and becomes a pro bowler!
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I remember when Thomas Davis tore his ACL 3xs only to come back and be a pro-bowler and still be rocking out at 36

I'm surprised 9Moon hasn't nicknamed you 'Data Man'. Thats great info, hopefully, Kwon has no more injuries and becomes an all pro

Fixed that for you.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
A QBs timeline is probably different than a linebacker.

Maybe, I'd also think they'd give their most important player as much time off as necessary....I'm assuming Kwon is suiting up come week 1 (snap count maybe).

Not to mention that players are not allowed to hit the QB in practice.
Share 49erswebzone