LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mayo49:
I could be wrong, but I don't think he's even cleared for OTAs, yet.

He was never gonna be cleared for May OTAs he tore his ACL week 6 last yr. he should be good for training camp that's what matters most.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He was never gonna be cleared for May OTAs he tore his ACL week 6 last yr. he should be good for training camp that's what matters most.

Week 6, huh - I thought it was later. He should hopefully be ready by the opener, then.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 23, 2019 at 9:27 AM ]

I have no issue with the signing, obviously we all knew the situation, I just hope he fully recovers and it doesn't turn into a Malcom Smith type situation.
But...but....torn ACLs aren't what they used to be...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

I agree. While I'd rather the 49ers *not* get ACL players, they are gambling that thier doctors are better than anyone else's doctors. Also Sherman worked out last year. And so far Jimmy and McKinnon haven't had any setbacks and Kentavius Street is progressing.

ACL injuries aren't so career ending anymore. It seems they revamped thier medical staff this year just overloaded that staff with injured players. Doesnt make sense to me.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

what are we complaining about? dude tore his ACL like 6 months ago. You don't honestly expect him to be out there running in MAY OTAs? IF you got an extra 2 months before training camp, why not let him get that extra recovery time?
Originally posted by Giedi:
I agree. While I'd rather the 49ers *not* get ACL players, they are gambling that thier doctors are better than anyone else's doctors. Also Sherman worked out last year. And so far Jimmy and McKinnon haven't had any setbacks and Kentavius Street is progressing.

ACL injuries aren't so career ending anymore. It seems they revamped thier medical staff this year just overloaded that staff with injured players. Doesnt make sense to me.

cash money came into it for sure...CJ got $43 million guaranteed and Kwon got $14.25. His style of play also matches up well with this scheme. It's May let the man heal up properly so it's not an issue come week 3 or so.
cash money came into it for sure...CJ got $43 million guaranteed and Kwon got $14.25. His style of play also matches up well with this scheme. It's May let the man heal up properly so it's not an issue come week 3 or so.

Ahhh - the Voice of Reason

Thanks NY!

Kwon is young and has the potential to be a pro bowler again I would hope that they give him all the time he needs to be 100%. With his age and proven potential he can be a huge part of this team for the next 5-6 years which I believe is what the F O see's also.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

All Kwon got guaranteed was $14.25M? He thought he got a lot more.

Hopefully he's ready for Week 1
I wonder if we'll move Kwon to MIKE and Warner to WILL so Kwon doesn't have to move laterally as much and can play more downhill. He's also capable of wearing the headset too...although Warner seemed fine with this too and got better and could relay from the WILL too.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I wonder if we'll move Kwon to MIKE and Warner to WILL so Kwon doesn't have to move laterally as much and can play more downhill. He's also capable of wearing the headset too...although Warner seemed fine with this too and got better and could relay from the WILL too.

Nah I think Kwon will play Will but he might wear the dot actually.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Nah I think Kwon will play Will but he might wear the dot actually.

The WILL just has far more space on that weak side. Plus moving players is kind of what we do. LOL. I would imagine your plan is optimal if health permitting. If not, maybe the go another route to get him on the field sooner.
Will Alexander be available at the start of training camp?
Share 49ersWebzone