There are 129 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Really curious to know where he is at with his rehab and if he is looking on track to be ready to participate in Training Camp. I think it was when the schedule was released that Barrows tweeted week 5 would be an ideal spot to activate him after the bye week.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Really curious to know where he is at with his rehab and if he is looking on track to be ready to participate in Training Camp. I think it was when the schedule was released that Barrows tweeted week 5 would be an ideal spot to activate him after the bye week.

Really? I don't remember that tweet
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Really? I don't remember that tweet

Was more speculation on Barrows part but still something to think about

Damn if they did that wouldn't that put jerick over a year in recovery?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:

Wouldn't surprise me, especially with our depth at RB they won't rush McKinnon at all.

I think we all saw this coming a mile away but maybe they surprise and are ready to go week 1. Tomlinsom, Richburg, Street and Verrett too.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 21, 2019 at 11:51 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think we all saw this coming a mile away but maybe they surprise and are ready to go week 1. Tomlinsom, Richburg, Street and Verrett too.

I"m hoping they take their time with them. I think there is a rule saying that if some of these players start on injured reserve, you get an extra spot for a rookie or talented free agent to make the team and at the same time, you can bring the IR'ed player back after a couple of weeks without any penalty other than having to free up a spot for him.

I'm thinking McKinnon would fit the criteria since we have a logjam at WR and good depth at arby position.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kwon is the one guy that has to have a great yr, or we aren't going anywhere. The 3rd down passes across the middle were GTD completions last yr and all of us got sick of a diet of that. Kwon plugs that hole, and we are an entirely different team.

KS/JL got us NickyB for the other side and now, for the first time since they came here, kyle and john have a D that can actually stop something. But Kwon has to stay healthy or we are going to see that krapt across the middle all yr. I've been saying the beads for his good health. It is key.

I understand where you are coming from Doc, but I disagree. There's been a lot of talk about base defense stopping the run, well a nickel defense can also stop the run. But the trick of it is for that 8th man (the strong safety) to fill that 8th gap when the nickel crowds the line and each of the front 7 seals their gap. In the nickel the sam gets replaced by a DB, but I still think the most important coverage player is the strong safety in the kind of defense we play.

I think Cam Chancellor played that role for the SeaChickens, and I think Tart could play that role for us. The nickel isn't designed to stop the run, but if it can do a halfway decent job at stopping the run, it becomes a much more effective passing defense.

The next puzzle piece for this defense is that hybrid safety/linebacker. I'm hoping we can land one in the next draft cycle. We got the all important LEO in Dee Ford and Bosa, and to really make it a super bowl quality defense, that hybrid safety/linebacker is the last piece that can do it.

Giedi, maybe you misunderstood. I was talking about that "hole" in the middle of the field where all those dang passes were completed. That is the "hole" i was referring too. Kwon is to plug put that "hole"...ie no more completions across the middle. Wasn't refrerring to the run. Here "hole" refrers to the black hole where all those passes on 3rd downs were completed. Nobody, nobody covered that last yr. it was like the run up the gut in 2017. Saleh was directed to stop that. Here Kwon is expected to keep those passes across the middle from being completions. Didn't mean to confuse the issue with the word "hole" which almost always refers to a hole you run thru.
when do you think he'll see playing time on the actual field.
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:

Wouldn't surprise me, especially with our depth at RB they won't rush McKinnon at all.

How is it that these injuries last for over a year, yet some players are back in 6 months?

Over a year? That seems like way more than enough time to be healed, unless it was way worse than reported or that he's had additional surgeries.

McKinnion I mean.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Shanalynch continues to sign and draft these ACL patients - I don't think Kwon is going to be ready until mid season.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Shanalynch continues to sign and draft these ACL patients - I don't think Kwon is going to be ready until mid season.

That would suck.
Originally posted by KamLeon:

That would suck.

for us, but his family would be grateful!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KamLeon:

That would suck.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he's even cleared for OTAs, yet.
Share 49ersWebzone