There are 339 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Working out so many LBs making me kinda worried that Kwon won't be ready to start the season

We can never have enough linebackers on this team. Whether it is early retirement, injuries, DUI, sexual assault, domestic assault, bomb threats, firearms charges, birddogging teammate's girlfriends, etc.

I think there is a decent chance that Kwon doesn't start the season and I think the 49ers will benefit from that.

I'm assuming you mean for 2020.

No not at all. I just think the 49ers are one of the more patient/sensitive teams in the NFL in regard to player injury and the recovery process. It served them well last year with Sherman, I am hoping the same is true for Kwon and Jason.

And all i want to hear about Kwon is how he is doing in rehabbing. IF this one guy gets healthy, our D just changes completely . We go from being passed on over the middle all game to that stopping. Do that last yr and this is an entirely different team. Looking at JonnyD's and Thl's breakdowns of Kwon on tape and it is immediately obvious this is the guy that can turn this D around.

Also, signing Dee Ford with an assist from KC contract dept,, we have also done the other thing this D needed so badly. Pass rush. These two perform and stay healthy, we wont recognize this team...or the D, anyway.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Working out so many LBs making me kinda worried that Kwon won't be ready to start the season

We can never have enough linebackers on this team. Whether it is early retirement, injuries, DUI, sexual assault, domestic assault, bomb threats, firearms charges, birddogging teammate's girlfriends, etc.

I think there is a decent chance that Kwon doesn't start the season and I think the 49ers will benefit from that.

I'm assuming you mean for 2020.

No not at all. I just think the 49ers are one of the more patient/sensitive teams in the NFL in regard to player injury and the recovery process. It served them well last year with Sherman, I am hoping the same is true for Kwon and Jason.

And all i want to hear about Kwon is how he is doing in rehabbing. IF this one guy gets healthy, our D just changes completely . We go from being passed on over the middle all game to that stopping. Do that last yr and this is an entirely different team. Looking at JonnyD's and Thl's breakdowns of Kwon on tape and it is immediately obvious this is the guy that can turn this D around.

Also, signing Dee Ford with an assist from KC contract dept,, we have also done the other thing this D needed so badly. Pass rush. These two perform and stay healthy, we wont recognize this team...or the D, anyway.

love that optimisim pasdoc and I agree as well. Kwon can be what foster is supposed to be for us and Dee is our best edge player since forever. These 2 stay healthy and it solves a bunch of problems we had on our D.
Is Alexander our Mike LB?
Yeah, agreed there. If they knew they'd go hard after a LEO and had a chance at Bosa or another ER, why bother giving a BE $9M to a mostly one dimensional player when you already have Blair, Street and Taylor if all you need is a base run defender. Poor move. Or why put a cap limit on yourself for FS when that position will add far more to your unit than AA and Ward and Exum and Mabin and...just use that to secure ET3. It's $13M. No biggie at all. They also put a cap on themselves for CB because they didn't want to hurt Sherman's feelings. He could care less. He wants to win. If a CB is worth it, pay it. Yet they have no cap for FB or RB whatsoever. Just odd where they allocate $ and priorities at times.

It's a very interesting question. To me, there are 3 possible answers to it. First, the Niners see more in AA than we do and perhaps see that he hasn't even begun to hit his ceiling yet. Second, the team is not as confident that the other players you mentioned (Blair, Street, and Taylor) bring that ability to shut down the run (yet) that AA does. Third, the team paid AA because they felt that if they value him that high, then another team might as well and eventually, trade for him. My gut tells me it is the first option. By many accounts that I've read, AA is a monster in practice and the team didn't want to just let him walk in FA and have another team (like New England for example) sign him and help him develop to his full potential.

Your thoughts? Cheers!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

baby steps, lets get him healthy enough to be on the field before making those decisions.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Great post I completely agree and if Jason V is healthy for any games whatsoever our D will look completely transformed because the other side of Sherman will not get abused like it has been for the last year
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
It's a very interesting question. To me, there are 3 possible answers to it. First, the Niners see more in AA than we do and perhaps see that he hasn't even begun to hit his ceiling yet. Second, the team is not as confident that the other players you mentioned (Blair, Street, and Taylor) bring that ability to shut down the run (yet) that AA does. Third, the team paid AA because they felt that if they value him that high, then another team might as well and eventually, trade for him. My gut tells me it is the first option. By many accounts that I've read, AA is a monster in practice and the team didn't want to just let him walk in FA and have another team (like New England for example) sign him and help him develop to his full potential.

Your thoughts? Cheers!

I believe you are correct, however I would think that money would have been better spent given to Earl Thomas. Plus we could have saved the other 5 million on Ward. So that's 14 million right there from two players we did not need that should've been spent on one player that we desperately need to. Our front office has been doing some great moves however the moves that I spoke of would have given us a chance to win the division in my opinion.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

no that will be Warner...he will have the green dot, both spots are interchangeable though.
There's a new Staley-McGlinchey kindof love in the building.

There's a new Staley-McGlinchey kindof love in the building.

Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
The nun was a ok movie.

Meh that movie sucked. Trailer hyped it up and you really get a wet noodle instead.

The Nun sucked, dude!
Originally posted by DickNasty:
The nun was a ok movie.

Meh that movie sucked. Trailer hyped it up and you really get a wet noodle instead.

The Nun sucked, dude!

Great...now I'm picturing the nun's head with kwon's afro.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I believe you are correct, however I would think that money would have been better spent given to Earl Thomas. Plus we could have saved the other 5 million on Ward. So that's 14 million right there from two players we did not need that should've been spent on one player that we desperately need to. Our front office has been doing some great moves however the moves that I spoke of would have given us a chance to win the division in my opinion.

Probably has to do with capology, you can buy only so many big ticket items a year, other wise it will come back and bite you, even if you do as you say, the hit will take money up the next year also. Then soon you will inch toward the line of having no cap space. This way, they can front load and sign people each year as needed. Unload them if they don't pan out with less dead money. Especially when players that were late rounders find success like Kittle or even Warner. Add them to the Buckners. Plus there is no absolute that ET wanted to come hear or would not be as injury prone as Ward. His last two years have been injury filled.
Originally posted by DickNasty:
The nun was a ok movie.

The Nun sucked, dude!

what sucked about it, I thought it was a ok horror flick.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Probably has to do with capology, you can buy only so many big ticket items a year, other wise it will come back and bite you, even if you do as you say, the hit will take money up the next year also. Then soon you will inch toward the line of having no cap space. This way, they can front load and sign people each year as needed. Unload them if they don't pan out with less dead money. Especially when players that were late rounders find success like Kittle or even Warner. Add them to the Buckners. Plus there is no absolute that ET wanted to come hear or would not be as injury prone as Ward. His last two years have been injury filled.

That could be true but I think it would've been well worth the risk, especially if Earl alone could win us one or two games that is the difference between playoffs or not, division or not.
Share 49ersWebzone