There are 105 users in the forums

Niners Sign Kwon Alexander

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by badguy_1:

That arm was jello. Explains what we saw in the SB.

Hard to believe he didn't know he had a torn bicep.
Kwon's injury history is likely another reason why the team has scouted so many linebackers this year. Ideally, we should have 4 starting caliber guys on the roster so in base, if there's an injury, we have a quality player to come in. When Kwon got hurt last year, all we had was UDFA/PS fodder to fill the 3rd spot.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kwon's injury history is likely another reason why the team has scouted so many linebackers this year. Ideally, we should have 4 starting caliber guys on the roster so in base, if there's an injury, we have a quality player to come in. When Kwon got hurt last year, all we had was UDFA/PS fodder to fill the 3rd spot.

Completely agree with this.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Last year with Kwon. Let's all enjoy it.
Originally posted by okdkid:

last year?

Nah gonna disagree with that. And I love Dre Greenlaw
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

If (when?) they want to cut a big contract next offseason, he's the lowest hanging fruit. Greenlaw making a fraction and does not represent a significant drop off, particularly when you project year over year growth. While Ford is also an obvious cut/trade candidate -- he plays the more impactful position. Time will tell.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

If (when?) they want to cut a big contract next offseason, he's the lowest hanging fruit. Greenlaw making a fraction and does not represent a significant drop off, particularly when you project year over year growth. While Ford is also an obvious cut/trade candidate -- he plays the more impactful position. Time will tell.

I disagree with cutting Kwon, no way, he's a good cover LB, yeah he has had injury issues, but not related, If he has a bounce back year, I hope they keep him and Ford, a guy who shouldn't be back at his salary is Goodwin, he's scheduled to have a $7.625M cap number in 2021, they save $7M if they cut him in 2021, all if they cut him before June 1.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

last year?

Agreed. Same issues in TB are showing up here. But i think that depends on the development of Azeez and whether they draft another lb in The late rounds.

Cut his ass he's dead weight
Originally posted by WestCoastO:

Dumb post
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Dumb post

Agreed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

How's he dead weight when he just played in the Super Bowl? Yah 9ers cut him, next thing you know your Seahawks sign him.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
There are a few guys who joined this forum AFTER the Super Bowl who are making sub par posts. Makes my antenna quiver on my suspicion bone.

Kwon is a guy who inspires those around him. The young gun LBs on the team will develop faster because of him. If he stays mainly injury free this year aside from a niggle here and there he will stay in 2021. No doubt about it,
Share 49erswebzone