There are 281 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
kwon was arguably our best LB before he got hurt. ya even with warner out there. hes not goin anywhere anytime soon.
  • thl408
Originally posted by stefano89:
kwon was arguably our best LB before he got hurt. ya even with warner out there. hes not goin anywhere anytime soon.

I'm going with Warner. You're right that Kwon isn't going anywhere anytime soon. When he restructured his contract in November, it made him nearly un-cut-able due to the gigantic dead cap hit. He's most likely here through 2022.
Originally posted by thl408:

I'm going with Warner. You're right that Kwon isn't going anywhere anytime soon. When he restructured his contract in November, it made him nearly un-cut-able due to the gigantic dead cap hit. He's most likely here through 2022.

Kwon was definitely the better LBer at the beginning of the season but Fred developed nicely as the season went on. Greenlaw made quick huge steps also. Had we won the Superbowl... ... that stop on the goal line in Seattle would have went down in Niners history.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Kwon was definitely the better LBer at the beginning of the season but Fred developed nicely as the season went on. Greenlaw made quick huge steps also. Had we won the Superbowl... ... that stop on the goal line in Seattle would have went down in Niners history.

We're fortunate to have 3 good quality Linebackers, all 3 made Big plays last season for us. I'm already excited to see them In action next season too.
There was not really much difference in Greenlaw and Alexander play, both played equally great. Kwon is a veteran and a better leader, he was pretty much a contingency signing thanks to Foster busting.
I like Kwon a lot, but I believe eventually they'll try to trade him away so they can extend Warner.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by Goatie:
There are a few guys who joined this forum AFTER the Super Bowl who are making sub par posts. Makes my antenna quiver on my suspicion bone.

Kwon is a guy who inspires those around him. The young gun LBs on the team will develop faster because of him. If he stays mainly injury free this year aside from a niggle here and there he will stay in 2021. No doubt about it,

that's why this board needs some type of waiting system so we can separate the trolls/crap posters from the good ones.

There definitely has been some crap floating around.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
There was not really much difference in Greenlaw and Alexander play, both played equally great. Kwon is a veteran and a better leader, he was pretty much a contingency signing thanks to Foster busting.
I like Kwon a lot, but I believe eventually they'll try to trade him away so they can extend Warner.

We are 2 years away from that. Now if Greenlaw comes in 2020 looking like an All-Pro, we could be one year away. Either way, I like these "problems" we are having lately- too much talent and can't afford to pay everyone. I hope it continues to be a problem every single offseason because it will mean we are consistently drafting and developing players well.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Any word on his surgery to his bicep? How is he recovering?
No need to cut or trade him. All 3 LB's are going to be on the field a ton together. I think Saleh wants to run his base personnel a lot...Tampa Bay game last year kind of tipped me off to that. Not many teams can run out of base like we can and we can because we have 3 LB's that can cover like S's.
ya were back to having our LBs be the teams strength like the willis, bowman an brooks days. except this time speed is what makes them so crazy good. i really dont see them letting alexander go unless he keeps getting hurt. i still cant believe he played again in 2019, crazy. warner, alexander an greenlaw is a great 3 LB setup an actually al shair played damn well when kwon went out so were lucky to have a great #4 LB too. he could be a starter on most other NFL team.s
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

warner has done nothing wrong and everything right since he arrived

It will be great to have him back 100%.
Originally posted by NCommand:
No need to cut or trade him. All 3 LB's are going to be on the field a ton together. I think Saleh wants to run his base personnel a lot...Tampa Bay game last year kind of tipped me off to that. Not many teams can run out of base like we can and we can because we have 3 LB's that can cover like S's.

Agreed. No need to cut or trade Kwon, we can afford all 3 LBs, Dre won't cost crazy amount IMO when it comes time, Warner will though, same as Kwon's, or more.
LMAO. Fans are ruthless on Twitter.

And a FS that can play man to man on a WR.
Originally posted by walker807:

And a FS that can play man to man on a WR.

Yup, in that Bucs game T.Moore or Tartt would line up right next to the 3 LB's like a 4th LB while the other remained deeper.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 6, 2020 at 11:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone