There are 228 users in the forums

Kwon Alexander LB, Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's what is confusing. The surgery he's having now is for a torn bicep. Did that happen in the playoffs or did he have that along with the torn pec? If so, why not have surgery on both at the same time?

The MRI would've seen it prior to his surgery. He most likely overcompensated with his biceps bc his pec wasn't ready. Only Kwon and 49ers can tell us which game it happened in, and I don't think they will..
[ Edited by NinersFan52 on Feb 14, 2020 at 4:09 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinersFan52:
That's what is confusing. The surgery he's having now is for a torn bicep. Did that happen in the playoffs or did he have that along with the torn pec? If so, why not have surgery on both at the same time?

The MRI would've seen it prior to his surgery. He most likely overcompensated with his biceps bc his pec wasn't ready. Only Kwon and 49ers can tell us which game it happened in, and I don't think they will..

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by badguy_1:

Makes sense. Didn't look like himself

Why the hell was he even playing.

It's the Superbowl man. If there's a time to play through injuries that would be it, I'd do the same thing
Playing with one arm didn't help the team.

now I understand why he missed a ridiculous amount of tackles

I though it might have been a huge amount of rust. He wasn't back to his old self in any of the playoff games. This explains it.

Hope he heals quickly and is 100% at the start of training camp. He is scary when he is in form. 34 tackles in 8 games plus playoffs is a great effort.

This has to be the reason why - he's was not known as a poor tackler.

I thought he was known as a poor tackler. That's all the Bucs said when he left. I love the guy.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

That arm was jello. Explains what we saw in the SB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

It's the Superbowl man. If there's a time to play through injuries that would be it, I'd do the same thing

I though it might have been a huge amount of rust. He wasn't back to his old self in any of the playoff games. This explains it.

Hope he heals quickly and is 100% at the start of training camp. He is scary when he is in form. 34 tackles in 8 games plus playoffs is a great effort.

I thought he was known as a poor tackler. That's all the Bucs said when he left. I love the guy.

I didn't hear that - maybe after the surgery, he can turn over a new leaf, with his tackling.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

I didn't hear that - maybe after the surgery, he can turn over a new leaf, with his tackling.

34 tackles in his first 8 games. Come on bad tackles don't get that many tackles.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

34 tackles in his first 8 games. Come on bad tackles don't get that many tackles.

That's an average of 4 tackles his first 8 games. That's pretty putrid.

Agreed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think he tore it in the Super Bowl - otherwise, they would have detected it prior.

• Goatie
  • Veteran
I think he tore it in the Super Bowl - otherwise, they would have detected it prior.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

After missing 78 tackles in four season with Tampa Bay, Kwon Alexander has:

Missed Tackles: 0
Stops: 8 - (Leads Team)

#49ers #Legendary

Don't get me wrong I love the guy but yes he had a problem with missing tackles. Dude flies round the field so it's gonna happen. It seemed the issue went away until the Super Bowl but a bicep injury would explain it.

Ha, our medical staff has detected a thing in years.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

That arm was jello. Explains what we saw in the SB.

Hard to believe he didn't know he had a torn bicep.
Share 49ersWebzone