There are 157 users in the forums

Scheme discussion: Could Patriots use SB53 game plan against 49ers in the near future?

I think Belichick will do whatever is necessary. He adjusts his game plan not only on a game to game basis but on every play. That's how he manages to make an ordinary group of defensive players look great. He hasn't really had many great players on defense during this 18 year run but they usually do a good job holding the other team down. Most of their SB's have been close and relatively low scoring.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by iLLEST209ER:
After watching the super bowl I am convinced that Kyle is MUCH better at scheming players open.

Definitely.

Don't forget BB had no answer for Kyle in SB 51 for the first 3 quarters.

The genius move of BB on that was that despite being down 28-3 at half time, he comes out and sells out to stop the run. And then it worked to perfection.

RB1 goes down with an injury and he's gone. RB2 looks ill prepared to run and is completely shut down and then BB exploits his lack of experience in pass protection manufacturing pressure like he did against the Rams. Game over.

Logically, you'd think, that being down that much at half time, he'd focus extra in pass coverage schemes. Nope. BB is a straight genius. Put the ball in the hands of Matty Freeze.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think Belichick will do whatever is necessary. He adjusts his game plan not only on a game to game basis but on every play. That's how he manages to make an ordinary group of defensive players look great. He hasn't really had many great players on defense during this 18 year run but they usually do a good job holding the other team down. Most of their SB's have been close and relatively low scoring.

Totally.

BB's Weekly Game Plan:
1. ID the oppositions weakness (exploit)
2. ID the oppositions strengths (take away)
3. Win Superbowls
Lol, I coached youth football, we ran this on pretty much every down. We ran it as man coverage on early downs, and played quarteres on long passing downs.

It was called Bear when went zone, and Gambler when we were in man.

In youth ball every offense wants to get the ball in the hands of their fastest player, and get him to the edge.

This would work well against our outside zone running. Coming back to the inside run game and quick slants are the way to attack it. If the Niners are worried about defeating this front, I am for hire!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Feb 9, 2019 at 8:43 AM ]
Here's the issue..we have Kittle and Jimmy. They're not stopping us like they could the Rams. Without Kupp that offense isn't so dangerous if Gurley is playing like crap. Goff wasn't ready for the SB. Jimmy would definitely bring his A game.
theres only one way to find out
The hoodie was toying with Goff. NE would show man, LA would check to a man beater, and then the Patriots would switch to zone at the last second and vice versa lol. NE also made it tough for Goff to discern who was rushing/bitzing and who wasn't because of the heavy LB package the Patriots use.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 9, 2019 at 9:45 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Doesn't matter...when we're good enough to get to another SB... those diaper wearing (BB / TB) men are still around, they will fold against us. TB's heart will go ga ga once he's sees our unis, BB will have another brain fart and Giselle will reminisce (days of Jimmy)
Would've liked a Brady vs. Brees SB.

So close 😑

Was like watching a pair of Brady and BB orcas toying with a baby seal pup in Goff.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 9, 2019 at 9:55 AM ]
CBS

This is sad. The second part of the article.

The missed TD by the Rams at the back of the end zone wasn't the first time they ran that play in the SB. They ran it earlier in the game, and Cooks got open the same way.

But Goff still late throwing the ball lol
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 9, 2019 at 10:26 AM ]

nice thread, JT.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
nice thread, JT.

Thanks man.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
nice thread, JT.

This
Originally posted by Niners99:
The Patriots realized that Goff was being fed the information about the defensive formations before each play by McVay. The Pats then huddled up until 15 seconds left on the play clock when the headsets shut off. Goff had no cheat sheet then, and floundered.

Obviously Garoppolo isn't any more experienced than Goff, but I dont see him being super dependent on his coach like Goff.

This is exactly what I heard happened and Goff was screwed. I think Jimmy G is better at improvising and quick reading and letting it go than Goff.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
BB and Brady will be retired before we even get to a Superbowl again, so we wouldn't have to worry about it.

They'll both be dead before we get to another sb

Yeah I know that's right.

The headline of the topic was just strange considering how far the 49ers are from being able to face off against the GOAT of Head Coaches in THE GAME.
Share 49erswebzone