LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

2019 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the team made some progress on filling a lot of holes. Mainly edge rush and receiver. Let's face it we had a lot of holes to fill and not a lot of draft picks. We had plenty of cap space for free agents but I would rather see them pass on over priced players than get saddled with a contract that will kill us down the road. Of all the things NE has done well, not signing guys to huge contracts that will end up hurting them in the long run may be the best. You always need to have a little left in the bank in case somebody gets hurt or you get to the playoffs and need one more guys for the push. Overall I'm happy with what we did.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think the team made some progress on filling a lot of holes. Mainly edge rush and receiver. Let's face it we had a lot of holes to fill and not a lot of draft picks. We had plenty of cap space for free agents but I would rather see them pass on over priced players than get saddled with a contract that will kill us down the road. Of all the things NE has done well, not signing guys to huge contracts that will end up hurting them in the long run may be the best. You always need to have a little left in the bank in case somebody gets hurt or you get to the playoffs and need one more guys for the push. Overall I'm happy with what we did.

We're certainly getting there!
  • bud49
  • Veteran
The following is what the fans and the 49ers need. I am watching the replay of the 2012 49er/Saints playoff game, man the excitement and enthusiasm by the fans at the old stadium was amazing. Which is something I have yet to see at the new stadium. Plus the players seem to have been so motivated they were on fire. So hoping as a fan that atmosphere at the stadium comes back and that type of drive comes back to the players. So IMO if you want to see what this team needs just watch this game.
[ Edited by bud49 on May 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM ]
Originally posted by bud49:
The following is what the fans and the 49ers need. I am watching the replay of the 2011 49er/Saints playoff game, man the excitement and enthusiasm by the fans at the old stadium was amazing. Which is something I have yet to see at the new stadium. Plus the players seem to have been so motivated they were on fire. So hoping as a fan that atmosphere at the stadium comes back and that type of drive comes back to the players. So IMO if you want to see what this team needs just watch this game.

I'm sure i will if they start winning. It's too bad that the Niners were already on the downward slope when the stadium opened. Everyone loves a winner. Believe me Candlestick was no place to be prior to Walsh and Montana.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

We're certainly getting there!
We haven't seen a complete a team as this since Harbaugh. A ways to go, but its good to see some depth of talent.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
We haven't seen a complete a team as this since Harbaugh. A ways to go, but its good to see some depth of talent.

Absolutely. Talent wise, we're getting there. No doubt we have the offensive mind. If the defensive coaching can get to a top 10 level with all this front 7+ talent, we'll be rolling. The injuries the last three years have given the depth some real experience.
Hey NC, I posted this a page back.

UDFA Terms:

$484,500 total handed out to 10 UDFAs

QB Speight- $5K SB, $15K Base, WR Henry- $15K SB, $75K Base, WR Poindexter- $5K SB, $20K Base, TE Mayfield- $10K SB, $25K Base, OG Reynolds- $2K SB, $33K Base, DL Garcia-Williams- $10K SB, $80K Base, DL Givens- $12K SB, $25K Base, S Glenn- $5K SB, $20K base, S Flannigan-Fowles- $12,500 SB, $50K Base, LB Al-Shaair- $15K SB, $50K Base
The team needs recent super bowl victories at the moment.
Here's the list of players the 49ers owe per game roster bonus money to if they play all 16 games, some only count like 3 games like Jimmy G, others 15 like Richburg, so it varies.

Jason Verrett $1,500,000
Jimmie Ward $656,250
Jimmy Garoppolo $650,000
Kwon Alexander $468,750
Richard Sherman $250,000
Jaquiski Tartt $250,000
Marquise Goodwin $156,250
Raheem Mostert $87,500
Jordan Matthews $62,500
K'Waun Williams $31,250
Weston Richburg $25,000
Garrett Celek $21,875
Malcolm Smith $12,500

Total $4,171,875
I'll have my roster breakdown up later, but of the UDFAs, I think Malik Henry, Ross Reynolds, and Jamell Garcia-Williams could steal spots, with Azeez Al-Shaair being a IR/Stash guy.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'll have my roster breakdown up later, but of the UDFAs, I think Malik Henry, Ross Reynolds, and Jamell Garcia-Williams could steal spots, with Azeez Al-Shaair being a IR/Stash guy.

when you're saying steal spots you don't mean active roster spots, do you? I see no way Henry or Williams can get on the active roster given the position they play and the depth SF already has there.

Reynolds I think has a pretty darn good shot though.
boy I don't know
Also sounds like SF won't be on hard knocks
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Share 49ersWebzone