LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

2019 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
I could see us keeping 9 DL on the 53 this year. Buck, Ford, Solly, Bosa, Arik, DJ, Day, Blair and Street.

I think with the versatility there and the new attack-philosophy, you could even cut out Street and Day there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Exactly NC, and Giedi, DL is set, and Garland could be one of those great late signees, like Person was last year.

On OLine, I'd like an athletic center to add depth to richburg.

On DB's- I'd love for them to find another John Lynch. Or find the DB's so that they can move Sherman to Safety. John could cover and blitz and that made that Kiffen cover two defense really tough to handle. We have our simian rice and Warren sap, and the linebackers. We just need the DB's and depth behind them and I'm hoping we will be seeing the second comming of that Buccaneer defense that dominated the NFL offenses for years.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Next up, WR, DB or OLine. Bosa and Buckner as going to anchor that DLine for a long time.

Trade back at 36, OL, WR and FS.

I think Kyle is so good that if you give him four 7th round picks, he'll find four offensive starters with those four picks.
Next up, WR, DB or OLine. Bosa and Buckner as going to anchor that DLine for a long time.

I think Kyle is so good that if you give him four 7th round picks, he'll find four offensive starters with those four picks.

Exactly and that's another reason why OL should be the next play here...Kyle can coach up any skill position to the max right out of the gate and groom them slowly while playing them and optimizing their success/confidence.

OL takes longer to develop esp. in this system.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2019 at 8:26 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Exactly and that's another reason why OL should be the next play here...Kyle can coach up any skill position to the max right out of the gate and groom them slowly while playing them and optimizing their success/confidence.

And the lower the pick chances are the more time will be needed for development.

Quite right. But that's why you pick them low - they will be backup or on the practice squad. Nick Mullens anyone?
And the lower the pick chances are the more time will be needed for development.

Exactly. We're looking for a starter here, not an Erik Magnuson.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Quite right. But that's why you pick them low - they will be backup or on the practice squad. Nick Mullens anyone?

Nick Mullens is a back-up that won't every push Jimmy and we need talent that will push our starters to get better.

On defense maybe, but on offense, you can scheme a lot of weaknesses out of your squad. Having said that, you can win games with Nick Mullens - you'll need a stronger squad playing around him, but he's as good as a fourth round pick in my opinion. I strongly feel that Kyle is the equivalent of an extra first round pick in this sense. He can play call with the best of them, and can probably turn low round picks into credible starting caliber players just by scheming them and play calling them to their max capacity. Breida anyone?
I could see us keeping 9 DL on the 53 this year. Buck, Ford, Solly, Bosa, Arik, DJ, Day, Blair and Street.

I think with the versatility there and the new attack-philosophy, you could even cut out Street and Day there.

Street hasn't even played yet lol. We gave Tank f*cking 3-4 years of a chance.

We actually gave Tank 5 yrs, he was signed to an extension in his final year by Baalke.

Street deserves a chance to prove himself. And only 7 DL is too thin IMO.

Yeah, this is more around having a crowded diverse group who are moving to more wide 9.

There's your ZWR, NC.
Originally posted by Heroism:
There's your ZWR, NC.

My Z, SWR, X, RB, KR, TE2, FB, RZ and goal line RB, etc...all in one guy. And oh yeah, Deebo too. LOL
Tomorrow:

S: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson Florida S, Deionte Thompson Alabama S, Amani Hooker Iowa S

CB: Julian Love Notre Dame CB, Kris Boyd Texas CB, Amani Oruwariye Penn State CB, Kendall Sheffield Ohio State CB, Corey Ballentine Washburn CB

WR: Riley Ridley Georgia, WR, Hakeem Butler Iowa State WR, Kelvin Harmon NC State WR

G: Dru Samia Oklahoma OG, Michael Jordan Ohio State OG
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
There's your ZWR, NC.

My Z, SWR, X, RB, KR, TE2, FB, RZ and goal line RB, etc...all in one guy. And oh yeah, Deebo too. LOL

And 3 for 3 on pre draft player connections. Bosa, Samuel and Hurd.
Share 49ersWebzone