LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

I don't see this happening. Deebo is a class act. What TO did was classless.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Yeah, TO was AB crazy.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah, TO was AB crazy.

No one is AB crazy.

T.O was maybe immature and arrogant in his earlier years, but he wasn't crazy.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by All_Knowing:
For real. I think with how great he's been running the ball we are not appreciating the fact we have a 1400 yard receiver again. Imagine saying that before the season. Just very glad the fan base has shifted (rightfully so) into loving him. We aren't far away from the days we people were mad we took him over AJB and DK (both beasts in their own respects), saying he's injury prone, and over weight.

Overweight?

That is a typical build down south. A thick muscular lower body inherited typIcally from one's mother. That's where his power comes from

He is a football player. Not a Calvin Klein model!

Did you just say Deebo's mama got a fat azz? Betta watch out. He gon' snatch yo chain. lol

This is true to an extent, but not only on the mothers side. Deebo definitely has to keep a check on his weight though. Guys like him are already super thick/dense, and have a lot of nagging muscle injuries. Its hard to carry a ton of weight at 5'10 and below. It's a big reason there's very few players in football and even baseball that short and below.
Guys like MJD amaze me, one of like 3 guys in the world who can play in the NFL at 5'5 and carry 200 pounds. So much strain on the body.
Also, talk about a southern player with crazy athleticism but weight issues, hello Zion Williamson
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by All_Knowing:
For real. I think with how great he's been running the ball we are not appreciating the fact we have a 1400 yard receiver again. Imagine saying that before the season. Just very glad the fan base has shifted (rightfully so) into loving him. We aren't far away from the days we people were mad we took him over AJB and DK (both beasts in their own respects), saying he's injury prone, and over weight.

Overweight?

That is a typical build down south. A thick muscular lower body inherited typIcally from one's mother. That's where his power comes from

He is a football player. Not a Calvin Klein model!

Did you just say Deebo's mama got a fat azz? Betta watch out. He gon' snatch yo chain. lol

This is true to an extent, but not only on the mothers side. Deebo definitely has to keep a check on his weight though. Guys like him are already super thick/dense, and have a lot of nagging muscle injuries. Its hard to carry a ton of weight at 5'10 and below. It's a big reason there's very few players in football and even baseball that short and below.
Guys like MJD amaze me, one of like 3 guys in the world who can play in the NFL at 5'5 and carry 200 pounds. So much strain on the body.
Also, talk about a southern player with crazy athleticism but weight issues, hello Zion Williamson

I see receivers with all types of builds missing games. Tall, short, thick, thin. It's a position that gets beat up a lot because they are wide open and vulnerable to hits. Rule changes have helped somewhat but they still get injured when they come done wrong if they have to jump for a ball or when they're fighting for extra yards..
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Do we pay him like a WR, RB, or QB??????

I NEED ANSWERS!!

Deebo to his agent:

SHOW ME THE MONEYYYY
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Anyway Jed can ask his uncle for that gambling money? We are going to need it to pay Deebo.

WE don't need to pay him anything that's their money

?
You must be new to the internet.

Nah. I loved It. Taunting/showboating Is, or was part of the game back then. Everyone Is too sensitive these days though.
All-Pro should have a separate category for players like Deebo. I think it's a travesty that he didn't get named as an All-Pro. The voters basically just ignored everything he did outside of his actual receiving numbers. Probally didn't even account for his YPC stat which was the best in the league.

Nevermiind. I saw the list but I don't think it's the official list. Just NFL.com's predictions basically.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Jan 13, 2022 at 1:17 PM ]
how come Deebo never gets a vet / rest day

Originally posted by swaccmac1:

He's also going to be punting this weekend
It feels so good as a fan to finally have an exciting WR on this team again. It's been a loooong fricken time. He is phenomenal. What a awesome draft pick. Let's go Deboo, show the world how fantastic you are on Sunday. I can not wait!!!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's a very intriguing prospect...has great footwork and is a good route-runner. Is a YAC machine with some good hands.

He dealt with poor QB play and some injuries.

The first paragraph is what you call nailing a scouting report.

YAC machine.

I'm not saying these two guys are on the same level, but Deebo and Aiyuk make me think 1989 Jerry Rice and John Taylor potential in terms of YAC. George Kittle is a part of that as well.
Originally posted by swaccmac1:

Thats like 2nd/3rd contract vet status. I bet no one gets to tackle him in future training camps though lol.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
All-Pro should have a separate category for players like Deebo. I think it's a travesty that he didn't get named as an All-Pro. The voters basically just ignored everything he did outside of his actual receiving numbers. Probally didn't even account for his YPC stat which was the best in the league.

Nevermiind. I saw the list but I don't think it's the official list. Just NFL.com's predictions basically.

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Deebo is without a doubt the team MVP this year and we wouldn't even have sniffed the playoffs without him.

Deserves to be league MVP with those numbers.

He really should. I'll just say if Deebo is gone, we don't make the playoffs. Wide receivers don't get that level of respect, but he absolutely carried this team.

Agree. Productive as hell. He is tough to defend specially with that arm of his in the passing game. How do you defend Deebo if he has the ball in his hands? If you bring up the defensive backfield and go 11 man in the box, he can pull up to do a jump shot any time for a first down or a touchdown.

Sending a receiver of two downfield on the side where he is running will pull those DBs away from the line of scrimmage. I love how Kyle sets teams up with our plays.
Share 49ersWebzone