LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by random49er:
Lol but is anyone else aside from me terrified of Deebo's contract situation?

I mean if he's truly a unicorn and you can't name another player in the league like him,....can he not ask to be the highest paid WR in the league? I'm simply thinking the way an agent would think.

Not our $$. Paraag will figure it out. Make no mistake, it is a great problem to have when talking about "how can we pay this elite player?"

The alternative is 2016 where we had trash up & down, no one to even THINK about tagging or extending.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by random49er:
Lol but is anyone else aside from me terrified of Deebo's contract situation?

I mean if he's truly a unicorn and you can't name another player in the league like him,....can he not ask to be the highest paid WR in the league? I'm simply thinking the way an agent would think.

Not our $$. Paraag will figure it out. Make no mistake, it is a great problem to have when talking about "how can we pay this elite player?"

The alternative is 2016 where we had trash up & down, no one to even THINK about tagging or extending.

He has a good argument for being paid as a QB.

Just rewatched Deebo's pass to Jauan, perfect rainbow pass. Jauan juggled it because he was looking for the safety before catching it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
77 receptions 1,405 yards (18.2 y/r) 6 TD

365 rushing yards (6.8 y/a) 8 TDs

These numbers are unreal. Take out the last game for comparison to the 16 game season and he still had 73 receptions for 1,310 yards. That's amazing production that we haven't seen here in many many years.
Add in...

a 50% completion rate as a passer, with half of his passes being Touchdowns.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by All_Knowing:
For real. I think with how great he's been running the ball we are not appreciating the fact we have a 1400 yard receiver again. Imagine saying that before the season. Just very glad the fan base has shifted (rightfully so) into loving him. We aren't far away from the days we people were mad we took him over AJB and DK (both beasts in their own respects), saying he's injury prone, and over weight.

Overweight?

That is a typical build down south. A thick muscular lower body inherited typIcally from one's mother. That's where his power comes from

He is a football player. Not a Calvin Klein model!

Did you just say Deebo's mama got a fat azz? Betta watch out. He gon' snatch yo chain. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 11, 2022 at 9:37 PM ]
Most receiving yards by a 49er in a season in the last 20 years. Only Owens and Rice have had more. And it doesn't even have an asterisk since Deebo only played 16 games.

And that's not including 365 yards rushing. So he's had more yards from scrimmage than Owens has ever had.

Not only have we finally found our #1 WR. We found a top 5 WR who might be more valuable than Kittle. He's going to get $28M a year in his prime at least. And he'll be worth every penny.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 11, 2022 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Silky:
We need Deebo in one of these ASAP and just wake him up Sunday

Trent Williams also
Pay this man. That Jimmy money is going to Deebo. Our offense is nothing without this dude
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Pay this man. That Jimmy money is going to Deebo. Our offense is nothing without this dude

We should honestly consider drafting his replacement. It's unlikely he'll have a long career.
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

We should honestly consider drafting his replacement. It's unlikely he'll have a long career.

Worst case scenario we franchise tag him twice.

You know what, I'm going to stop to smell the roses. I'm not thinking about any contract and off-season stuff until the off-season. Sometimes I ruin being a fan by being the head coach, GM, scout and the Owner.

It's a long off-season and we have plenty of time to discuss this but for now.... IT'S PLAYOFF TIME!!!
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Deebo is without a doubt the team MVP this year and we wouldn't even have sniffed the playoffs without him.

Deserves to be league MVP with those numbers.

We take this stuff for granted almost. So many free yards.

Though I gotta give credit to Ramsey, he put in a hell of an effort on this play.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Though I gotta give credit to Ramsey, he put in a hell of an effort on this play.

Ramsey blew his assignment on this play, I'll give him credit for that.
Originally posted by thl408:

True, I considered mentioning that, but a great effort is a great effort even if it comes after a blown assignment. Going completely horizontal and missing the ball by about an inch, and then getting up fast enough to tackle Deebo down field is impressive.

That said, I posted that mostly due to the YAC skills on display.
  • thl408
Originally posted by thl408:

True, I considered mentioning that, but a great effort is a great effort even if it comes after a blown assignment. Going completely horizontal and missing the ball by about an inch, and then getting up fast enough to tackle Deebo down field is impressive.

That said, I posted that mostly due to the YAC skills on display.

This play and the Deebo throw to Jennings, those are on Ramsey. And to see Ramsey upset on the sideline (this game) to go with the other times he's been visibly upset with team mates, he shouldn't be talking. Great talent, not a leader.
But yeah Deebo's RAC. I think when he's in the open field, defensive backs are bracing for contact, and when they do, it makes it easier for Deebo to juke them. No DB wants to be shown on Sportcenter getting flattened by Deebo.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Deebo is without a doubt the team MVP this year and we wouldn't even have sniffed the playoffs without him.

Deserves to be league MVP with those numbers.

He really should. I'll just say if Deebo is gone, we don't make the playoffs. Wide receivers don't get that level of respect, but he absolutely carried this team.
Share 49ersWebzone