There are 203 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kingpin:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why are slam dunks viewed as an exciting play in sports? I don't understand it. The defender can do basically nothing by the rules. He just has to stand there stick an arm up and hope for the best.

This isn't a knock against Deebo's video -- just a separate thought after watching somebody say a dude got "posterized" because he didn't annihilate the ball handler -- like he should have.

Because this:

If a 6 foot PG dunking on a 7 foot HOF center doesn't get your blood pumping, I dunno know what to tell you.

And this

It doesn't at all. The defender is not only at a huge disadvantage, but he's also the one with everything to lose. I never understood why people lose their minds on the sidelines in basketball. It's more of a "this is how we're supposed to act when this happens," so everyone pretends to lose their damn minds to see who can emote the most.

In my opinion, defenders should start taking dunkers out mid air if they can. Let them know there's a huge price yo pay if you want to dunk.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That defender can't do anything. Just jump with his arm up in the air. Even if he gets there it's likely a foul. Those ball handlers don't need a lot of courage to take on an imposing guy -- the rules prevent the defender from destroying him physically. The athleticism is great, no question. But "posterizing" somebody like the dude just got owned or something is easy. The rules give the defender no legit shot to make the ball handler second guess himself. Also, dunks happen like 10x a game. They're so played out even the stars pull out of the all star competition. They just don't move the needle like the "exciting" plays in other sports.

They can do this.

Which is incredibly rare.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He does? Can you show me what pic you're referring too?

https://youtu.be/NdVVwq515IA

Look at his gut and hips compared to College deebo. He's fat. Pulls his jersey up so we don't see it snug. Big, smooth, no-def legs.

Wes did talk about staying on him hard about weight hence the sprints with him after practice. He wants him leaner esp. since he also wants to play from the slot.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Look at his gut and hips compared to College deebo. He's fat. Pulls his jersey up so we don't see it snug. Big, smooth, no-def legs.

He was brought in to be our new Delanie Walker.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
It doesn't at all. The defender is not only at a huge disadvantage, but he's also the one with everything to lose. I never understood why people lose their minds on the sidelines in basketball. It's more of a "this is how we're supposed to act when this happens," so everyone pretends to lose their damn minds to see who can emote the most.

In my opinion, defenders should start taking dunkers out mid air if they can. Let them know there's a huge price yo pay if you want to dunk.

Would love that. People would finally be able to earn the "posterize" labels they toss around in basketball. As it stands, it means nothing since the defender can do nothing in almost all cases.

Lol you seem quite fixated on these players bodies
Originally posted by NCommand:

Wes did talk about staying on him hard about weight hence the sprints with him after practice. He wants him leaner esp. since he also wants to play from the slot.

Wonder how "tubby's" doing today
🙊
Opps!!
To soon!

what? I see nothing there to say he's got 20lbs of fat compared to his college film

total #fakenews

what? I see nothing there to say he's got 20lbs of fat compared to his college film

total #fakenews

Well he also thought pettis was the same weight as last year
damn deebo's fat ...... wtf ....oh well there goes the season..... 0-16 for sure .... all coaches fired ... ... it s june 5

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

yeah I saw that...not sure if trolling
If he can dunk, he's not too fat.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Why are slam dunks viewed as an exciting play in sports? I don't understand it. The defender can do basically nothing by the rules. He just has to stand there stick an arm up and hope for the best.

This isn't a knock against Deebo's video -- just a separate thought after watching somebody say a dude got "posterized" because he didn't annihilate the ball handler -- like he should have.

How can you not get excited?

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

yeah I saw that...not sure if trolling

I haven't seen a good pic of Pettis yet.i wonder where he focused the extra 11 pounds? Upper body? Have you seen anything? I know you can really see the difference with Colbert.
This discussion is becoming eerily reminiscent of a certain "Hands on Hips" thread...
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Jun 6, 2019 at 8:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone