There are 141 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Problem is if he kills the combine I seriously could see him sneaking into the late 1st, you figure as of now you'd think, Harry, Metcalf, Brown and Harmon go before him so that leaves Samuel, Butler, or Ridley I hope falls to the niners 2nd round pick..

I mean how many WRs are going to go top 36?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Problem is if he kills the combine I seriously could see him sneaking into the late 1st, you figure as of now you'd think, Harry, Metcalf, Brown and Harmon go before him so that leaves Samuel, Butler, or Ridley I hope falls to the niners 2nd round pick..

I think 1st round locks are Harry, Metcalf and Harmon, potential to sneak in the 1st I'd say are Deebo and Butler, again by the 36th pick I'm hoping for Deebo, Butler or Ridley to be available and I'm happy with one of them, another WR I've seen mocked in the 20s is Marquise Brown, haven't did any homework on him so idk..the combine is going to be very intriguing for the WRs this year.
I think 1st round locks are Harry, Metcalf and Harmon, potential to sneak in the 1st I'd say are Deebo and Butler, again by the 36th pick I'm hoping for Deebo, Butler or Ridley to be available and I'm happy with one of them, another WR I've seen mocked in the 20s is Marquise Brown, haven't did any homework on him so idk..the combine is going to be very intriguing for the WRs this year.

I think deebo is high right now because of the SB hype...a lot of underclassmen haven't had a chance to show their stuff. Come the combine it will change a little.

I'm a big deebo guy but I don't think he's a 1st rd prospect. There will be a quality WR in the 2nd or 3rd imo. A lot of good depth no real top 10 studs

Don't forget AJ Brown. I think he will be the second WR taken.

I think deebo is high right now because of the SB hype...a lot of underclassmen haven't had a chance to show their stuff. Come the combine it will change a little.

I'm a big deebo guy but I don't think he's a 1st rd prospect. There will be a quality WR in the 2nd or 3rd imo. A lot of good depth no real top 10 studs

I agree no top 10 studs and would be very happy with Deebo at 36, a lot have mentioned including myself him reminding us of DJ Moore from last year, I was shocked Carolina took him in the 1st so who knows, after the combine it should be clearer but yup Deebo raised his stock extremely high already..
I agree no top 10 studs and would be very happy with Deebo at 36, a lot have mentioned including myself him reminding us of DJ Moore from last year, I was shocked Carolina took him in the 1st so who knows, after the combine it should be clearer but yup Deebo raised his stock extremely high already..

Yeah I threw out that comp as well makes sense...similar builds, savvy route runners, good YAC, can play inside/outside, both have plently of speed etc. I also think deebo burned a lack luster CB group in the SB. Overall I'm not a fan of the prospects in this draft at DB

I think this draft is much much better as far as WR prospects go compared to last yr. I'm not seeing a ton of mocks with deebo going in the 1st or really in the top 40.

We will see, If Bosa is gone I'd love a move down there's a lot of very good prospects in the 2nd-3rd rds.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 6, 2019 at 2:49 PM ]

Yeah I threw out that comp as well makes sense...similar builds, savvy route runners, good YAC, can play inside/outside, both have plently of speed etc.

I also think this draft is much much better as far as WR prospects go compared to last yr. I'm not seeing a ton of mocks with deebo going in the 1st or really in the top 40.

We will see If Bosa is gone I'd love a move down there's a lot of very good prospects in the 2nd-3rd rds.

Completely agree, and great point this WR class is better so players get pushed down, I haven't see Deebo mocked in the 1st either, earliest in the late 30s, and yup I feel the same way, if no Bosa I can't see the niners taking Williams especially if the plan is to kick Thomas inside where he showed the most potential as of yet, I love Allen so I wouldn't be mad if he was taken at 2 but I'd also love if a team like the Giants or Jags threw lots of picks to move up, I've read the Jags offering Bouye or Telvin Smith, their 1st, 2nd this year and a 2nd next year and they take Haskins, I think I'd be ok with that, of course only if no Bosa..
Completely agree, and great point this WR class is better so players get pushed down, I haven't see Deebo mocked in the 1st either, earliest in the late 30s, and yup I feel the same way, if no Bosa I can't see the niners taking Williams especially if the plan is to kick Thomas inside where he showed the most potential as of yet, I love Allen so I wouldn't be mad if he was taken at 2 but I'd also love if a team like the Giants or Jags threw lots of picks to move up, I've read the Jags offering Bouye or Telvin Smith, their 1st, 2nd this year and a 2nd next year and they take Haskins, I think I'd be ok with that, of course only if no Bosa..

I'd have to ask for a little more because you're taking on big contracts with either of those players but id love to work a trade like that if Bosa is gone.

Give me 7, 38, 95, 2020 2nd, Telvin Smith and you got yourself a deal

I'd have to ask for a little more because you're taking on big contracts with either of those players but id love to work a trade like that if Bosa is gone.

Give me 7, 38, 95, 2020 2nd, Telvin Smith and you got yourself a deal [8)]

Give me 7, 38, 95, 2020 2nd, Telvin Smith and you got yourself a deal

Sounds good 👍🏻

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Right! I don't even think that's too outrageous either. They get cap relief to help pay other guys, A cheap rookie QB, and they still have their original 3rd (95th pick is Rams pick).

We can fix edge at 7, get a stud off-ball LBer signed thru 2021, and have 4 picks on day 2.

#winning
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 6, 2019 at 3:52 PM ]

Right! I don't even think that's too outrageous either. They get cap relief to help pay other guys, A cheap rookie QB, and they still have their original 3rd (95th pick is Rams pick).

We can fix edge at 7, get a stud off-ball LBer signed thru 2021, and have 4 picks on day 2.

#winning

Get Lynch on the phone somehow lol tell him call old man Coughlin

#winning

I would also take A.J. Bouye if they were willing to give him up instead.

#winning

I would also take A.J. Bouye if they were willing to give him up instead.

Me too, getting either of them with the picks NY mentioned would be great

Share 49ersWebzone