LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Dante Pettis would like a word with you, cause Shanahan/Lynch nailed Pettis IMO, and Samuel is a great pick.

Pettis the soft as tissue football player wants a word with him? Is he looking for pain killers or something?

I guess we watch two different games, cause Pettis isn't soft, so tired of that bs narrative.

wow. this didn't age well.

Well, it's possible he might not be soft. What's irrefutable is that he isn't good.
Anyone else kinda wish we had AJ Brown, Metcalf, or McLaurin?

I hate it because Deebo is one of my favorite players, but damn that draft was loaded at receiver
  • CJ75
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

I hate it because Deebo is one of my favorite players, but damn that draft was loaded at receiver

100% wish we picked AJ Brown or DK Metcalf over Deebo.
[ Edited by CJ75 on Nov 27, 2020 at 6:49 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CJ75:

Not me - I'm content with Deebo as our WR1.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 27, 2020 at 7:19 PM ]
  • CJ75
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

He's not a WR1 though, his success is mostly from slants, screens, and jet sweeps. I know he has missed a lot of time but his role seems to get smaller as Aiyuk progresses.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He's not a WR1 though, his success is mostly from slants, screens, and jet sweeps. I know he has missed a lot of time but his role seems to get smaller as Aiyuk progresses.

Right now he's our #1 - if Aiyuk continues to impress, he'll be our WR1 by seasons end.

I wanted Brown so bad bc he is a true WR1 and Deebo could be but he's more of a Curtis Samuel type of WR1/2. He was my draft crush over DK and scary Terry. If Terry had a good qb he would be the best we in the class imo
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 28, 2020 at 1:50 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

I wanted Brown so bad bc he is a true WR1 and Deebo could be but he's more of a Curtis Samuel type of WR1/2. He was my draft crush over DK and scary Terry. If Terry had a good qb he would be the best we in the class imo

Yeah, but, Deebo is special, glad we got him.

He's absolutely a number 1 WR when healthy. He just needs to take care of his body so he can stay In the game, and having a QB who can actually throw a nice pass would help too.

Me too, unfortunately

Deebo is great, it just sucks that we picked him first and he seems to be the worst of the 4. Terry is so damn smooth. QB/matchup proof for my fantasy team. You're right, he may be the best of the 4.

Metcalf looks awesome but he wouldn't work here.

I hate this WR envy stuff when we picked a good guy. I'm glad we have Aiyuk and Samuel going forward, with 2 more seasons on cheap deals for both.
Watching the Auburn-Alabama games. How does Alabama keep getting these receivers. It started with Julio Jones. Then Amari Cooper. Ruggs and Jeudy last year. Devonta Smith may be better than all of them. Great route runner, good hands and explosive speed once the ball is in his hands. Auburn has a guy named swarthz that may be the fastest guy in football but he's not near the receiver that Smith is.

Deebo is great, it just sucks that we picked him first and he seems to be the worst of the 4. Terry is so damn smooth. QB/matchup proof for my fantasy team. You're right, he may be the best of the 4.

All 4 will be great imo and Deebo is the most versatile for sure. I just have a chubby for the other 3 a bit more. Good pickup on fantasy my man
Nothing unfortunate about it. The draft is always a gamble for everyone involved. No sense in sitting around wishing we would've made a move for either guy like 30 other teams would likely do as well.

What's more sensible is hoping to avoid busts,....which Deebo certainly is not at this point.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 29, 2020 at 12:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone