LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Very good player. Only knock is injury prone.
Mcshay, deebo is the best skilled player here.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 24, 2019 at 5:29 AM ]
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I could see this kid end up being a surprise 1st round pick, kinda like the kid from Maryland last year the panthers took..

DJ Moore is who I thought of too. Deebo is looking like he has a real shot of getting into the 1st. If he times around 4.4 (or better), he probably won't be on the board when we pick in the 2nd.

Kyle has to be creaming for him to replace Garçon. I'd love to see Jimmy throwing to Deebo, Pettis, Kittle and a sprinkle of Goodwin and Taylor. Add in McKinnon out of the backfield and we could have an explosive offense.
Originally posted by strickac:
DJ Moore is who I thought of too. Deebo is looking like he has a real shot of getting into the 1st. If he times around 4.4 (or better), he probably won't be on the board when we pick in the 2nd.

Kyle has to be creaming for him to replace Garçon. I'd love to see Jimmy throwing to Deebo, Pettis, Kittle and a sprinkle of Goodwin and Taylor. Add in McKinnon out of the backfield and we could have an explosive offense.

Deebo has been playing the ZWR in Kyle's scheme this week (garçon's role).

I agree, I see DJ Moore like qualities. He kinda reminds me of a faster Jarvis Landry as well. I'm all for this kid if he's sitting there at 36 (and someone like DK isn't there).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by strickac:

Deebo has been playing the ZWR in Kyle's scheme this week (garçon's role).

I agree, I see DJ Moore like qualities. He kinda reminds me of a faster Jarvis Landry as well. I'm all for this kid if he's sitting there at 36 (and someone like DK isn't there).

Yep agree with both comparisons and this kid has long arms and big ass hands on top of it. Initially I was thinking he compared to Steelers James Washington from OK State. Similar muscular RB bodies, long armed deep threats
The more I watch the more I want...his foot quickness, speed, and hands are what kyle loves

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yep agree with both comparisons and this kid has long arms and big ass hands on top of it. Initially I was thinking he compared to Steelers James Washington from OK State. Similar muscular RB bodies, long armed deep threats

He's much better than Washington imo. He's got better vision, his footwork is better, runs better routes, and is faster.

Man there's some solid WRs in this draft. Next yr is gonna be real good.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:

He's much better than Washington imo. He's got better vision, his footwork is better, runs better routes, and is faster.

Man there's some solid WRs in this draft. Next yr is gonna be real good.

Wholeheartedly agree, that's why I said initially. Deebo is just a badass all around, you know Shanny having a wet dream about him in his offense right now

Looks like a YAC fighter. Like he's thinking,
"caught the ball, how's about I step back infield and punch some fool."
https://twitter.com/eric_crocker/status/1088285637038358528

"Deebo Samuel putting on a release clinic at the senior bowl practices.. sheeesh.. shade under 6' weighing 216... this is impressive.. great feet.. has a plan.. and he can run.. definitely understands leverage.. who's his receiver coach?"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Damn I love this kid, wouldn't be mad if they used another 2nd round pick on a WR.
In the red zone against man coverage. I remember Shanny saying that you don't get to see receivers go up against man much in college.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l378nX9QJQS5WdJ96/giphy.gif

And here he is working the sideline. Nice awareness.

https://media.profootballfocus.com/2016/11/Bentley.gif

Share 49ersWebzone