LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Nastastical:
10 pages for a guy who is probably going to be selected by this team if he's on the board at #36? Actually scratch that, let me remove that probably because Deebo is a lock to be selected by Shanny if he's on the board and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a trade up candidate.

Trade up into the 1st? Why?

I'm down with Deebo but you gotta think there might be a couple good WR chilling there at 36. Harmon is a guy that took a dip after the combine. I'm a fan of his game as well.

If you love a prospect you have to make sure he isn't selected a few picks in front of where you are picking. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but there are a few teams picking at the end of the first round who are threats to take him.
dont you want to pick up someone in the second round thats going to be a starter? and as such, can you really have a true long term starter with this kind of size? he feels like more of a slot receiver to me with his size and if so, doesnt the team already have a log jam at the slot position?
if you're looking for a backup, then fair, but thats not what you're going to be taking with such a high pick in the second round.

Of course with talent like his, he could very well become an Anquan Boldin w/ speed, which is totally worth a first round pick.
[ Edited by deepniner on Mar 16, 2019 at 11:35 AM ]
There should be at least 4-5 WRs available at the top of the 2nd round that are pretty good
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
There should be at least 4-5 WRs available at the top of the 2nd round that are pretty good

Yup it's Harry, Deebo or Butler for me, if available of course..
Originally posted by deepniner:
dont you want to pick up someone in the second round thats going to be a starter? and as such, can you really have a true long term starter with this kind of size? he feels like more of a slot receiver to me with his size and if so, doesnt the team already have a log jam at the slot position?
if you're looking for a backup, then fair, but thats not what you're going to be taking with such a high pick in the second round.

Deebo is going to be a damn fine starter in this league and no one should peg him as only a slot receiver. I also see him developing into a top 20 receiver if drafted by someone who runs the WCO where his strengths will really get to shine.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I'd be thrilled with bosa in the first and any of these guys in the 2nd

Same for me. I'd add Campbell too but I think he's going in the 1st
Deebo is a thicker and somehow slightly quicker version of Christian Kirk, who I really liked last year. Deebo, Pettis and a healthy Trent Taylor would be a more than adequate corps of starting WRs in this offense.

Yeah that's pretty much my group, and ranking, as well.

And even though I forced myself to "rank" them, they all seem like great additions and I would not second guess Shanny for picking any of them.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Yeah that's pretty much my group, and ranking, as well.

And even though I forced myself to "rank" them, they all seem like great additions and I would not second guess Shanny for picking any of them.

I agree, I trust any move Shanahan makes on offense..

Love deebo. I'm worried that his strong combine made him a late round target for people like the patriots, chiefs who could lose hill if the abuse thing comes through, or the someone like that. We usually don't draft WRs that high but, it would be cool to see
Originally posted by Nastastical:
If you love a prospect you have to make sure he isn't selected a few picks in front of where you are picking. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but there are a few teams picking at the end of the first round who are threats to take him.

When SF values a prospect they will over pay for a player regardless if they should. So I get that and wouldn't agree if they did it. And I'm a Deebo fan
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Deebo is a thicker and somehow slightly quicker version of Christian Kirk, who I really liked last year. Deebo, Pettis and a healthy Trent Taylor would be a more than adequate corps of starting WRs in this offense.

Agreed, I kinda comp him to DJ Moore which works for me.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Agreed, I kinda comp him to DJ Moore which works for me.

I can definitely see the physical comp to Moore, but I remember him being more of a bubble-screen-run-after-the-catch/fly-sweep kinda guy in college, whereas Kirk and Deebo had a little more of that downfield ability.
Call me crazy but I'm beginning to think I would rather have David Sills than Deebo.
Share 49ersWebzone