LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by InfernoDaLuz:

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Deebo Samuel (@19problemz)

So hyped for today's game! Let's go Deebo!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Pay him, and this is why folks who think Jimmy should be brought back at a 27 mil cap hit sound ridiculous

If we get into SB and win, Deebo can easily get a $95M total deal with $60-70M guaranteed. I bet Paraag would do his magic to increase the salary cap so they can extend Deebo and possibly Bosa on the same offseason. Jimmy's cap hit is just $1.4M while cap saving would increase to $25.6M which are required to move into FA and draft next season...
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Pay him, and this is why folks who think Jimmy should be brought back at a 27 mil cap hit sound ridiculous

If we get into SB and win, Deebo can easily get a $95M total deal with $60-70M guaranteed. I bet Paraag would do his magic to increase the salary cap so they can extend Deebo and possibly Bosa on the same offseason. Jimmy's cap hit is just $1.4M while cap saving would increase to $25.6M which are required to move into FA and draft next season...

II vote skip the extension if it's going to turn out like Warner's. We don't need to be spending 20 million on a chump player who's playing not to get hurt.
Wow. What. A. Shocker. Who would have thought the 49ers seeking extension for Samuel. It should be obvious by now just how important he is on the field. Not just his production, but his mentality and approach to the game. He is the identity of the 49ers offense right now. Kyle Shanahan's genius is in finding ways to get him involve in games.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 22, 2022 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Wow. What. A. Shocker. Who would have thought the 49ers seeking extension for Samuel. It should be obvious by now just how important he is on the field. Not just his production, but his mentality and approach to the game. He is the identity of the 49ers offense right now. Kyle Shanahan's genius is in finding ways to get him involve in games.

IIt's fine if he keeps playing like he does this year. But I have a feeling that's not what's going to happen. First he'll get a groin pull and miss a few games then he won't be running so hard and will be brought down by arm tackles. Then he might not try and reach so far for those balls over the middle. In other words he's got two years of ride on his five-year contract and doesn't have to play hard until 2024. I can skip that scenario very easily thank you
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

IIt's fine if he keeps playing like he does this year. But I have a feeling that's not what's going to happen. First he'll get a groin pull and miss a few games then he won't be running so hard and will be brought down by arm tackles. Then he might not try and reach so far for those balls over the middle. In other words he's got two years of ride on his five-year contract and doesn't have to play hard until 2024. I can skip that scenario very easily thank you

Does not running hard sound like Deebo? My fear was that I thought Aiyuk would blow up more with Lance as QB. But Deebo has come on so strong that there's no way he's going to not be featured in every game plan going forward. I think Joe Staley did a great explanation of Deebo learning how to become a pro, learning the right weight to play at, get his nutrition in order, etc. And Deebo is a guy that desires to play at a high level, is sold out for the team, etc. I have no worries about him.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Does not running hard sound like Deebo? My fear was that I thought Aiyuk would blow up more with Lance as QB. But Deebo has come on so strong that there's no way he's going to not be featured in every game plan going forward. I think Joe Staley did a great explanation of Deebo learning how to become a pro, learning the right weight to play at, get his nutrition in order, etc. And Deebo is a guy that desires to play at a high level, is sold out for the team, etc. I have no worries about him.

NNot trying to the Debbie Downer but how many people thought about Warner that way last year that dude definitely stepped off the gas in 2021
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Deebo gonna play corner also tonight
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

NNot trying to the Debbie Downer but how many people thought about Warner that way last year that dude definitely stepped off the gas in 2021

Absolutely, that's the risk. He is a big part of the identity of this team though. If we had a pro bowl QB then signing Deebo wouldn't be as crucial but that's not reality.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 22, 2022 at 5:04 PM ]
Can someone pay this man already?

Delete
[ Edited by CardinalGold on Jan 22, 2022 at 7:03 PM ]
He is Captain San Francisco. Hopping off the damn field to keep the clock running, are you f**king kidding me!!!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Is he ok after the game? They won't win next week without him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonRamon:
Is he ok after the game? They won't win next week without him.

Looked like he was walking, after the game. Agree. HOpe he's ok too.
Share 49ersWebzone