LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Deebo is without a doubt the team MVP this year and we wouldn't even have sniffed the playoffs without him.

Deserves to be league MVP with those numbers.

At least considered. But we all know it's pretty much a QB award and it will be either Rodgers or Brady
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by thl408:

We take this stuff for granted almost. So many free yards.

Though I gotta give credit to Ramsey, he put in a hell of an effort on this play.

Ramsey blew his assignment on this play, I'll give him credit for that.

True, I considered mentioning that, but a great effort is a great effort even if it comes after a blown assignment. Going completely horizontal and missing the ball by about an inch, and then getting up fast enough to tackle Deebo down field is impressive.

That said, I posted that mostly due to the YAC skills on display.

I said this before and got ridiculed but I don't think Ramsey is what people think he is. Just like Patrick Peterson, he's got off the charts measurables but I think his technique has been widely inconsistent. He doesn't shut down people like he should. He's still a top 3-5 corner every year. But I don't see him being anywhere near the type of player Revis or Champ Bailey.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Deebo is without a doubt the team MVP this year and we wouldn't even have sniffed the playoffs without him.

Deserves to be league MVP with those numbers.

He really should. I'll just say if Deebo is gone, we don't make the playoffs. Wide receivers don't get that level of respect, but he absolutely carried this team.

Agree. Productive as hell. He is tough to defend specially with that arm of his in the passing game. How do you defend Deebo if he has the ball in his hands? If you bring up the defensive backfield and go 11 man in the box, he can pull up to do a jump shot any time for a first down or a touchdown.
He won't win it, but should definitely be a consideration for league mvp
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 12, 2022 at 10:24 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by thl408:

We take this stuff for granted almost. So many free yards.

Though I gotta give credit to Ramsey, he put in a hell of an effort on this play.

Ramsey blew his assignment on this play, I'll give him credit for that.

True, I considered mentioning that, but a great effort is a great effort even if it comes after a blown assignment. Going completely horizontal and missing the ball by about an inch, and then getting up fast enough to tackle Deebo down field is impressive.

That said, I posted that mostly due to the YAC skills on display.

I said this before and got ridiculed but I don't think Ramsey is what people think he is. Just like Patrick Peterson, he's got off the charts measurables but I think his technique has been widely inconsistent. He doesn't shut down people like he should. He's still a top 3-5 corner every year. But I don't see him being anywhere near the type of player Revis or Champ Bailey.

He's at his best when he can press the WR. He's now in a heavy zone scheme. He's a good player but he'd be more effective if they'd let him man up more often. Being a good zone CB requires a different kind of discipline. Trying to chase plays just takes him out of position.
He catches touchdowns, runs for touchdowns, throws for touchdowns and wins games.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 12, 2022 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He catches touchdowns, runs for touchdowns, throws for touchdowns and wins games.

This man needs to be a niner for life. Watching his emotions after the Rams game, you can tell this man puts his all into every down he plays. Hes such a monster out there. Not going to lie, I wanted AJ Brown but for this scheme Im so glad we have Deebo. Imagine those games where we essentially had no RB and deebo had to take over. No way does AJ Brown do that. We'd be screwed if we had no run game.
Imagine the game planning going on in DAL trying to account for him in the backfield, motioning, sweeps... good luck

Raheem Mostert had the game for the ages in NFC Championship. I think the combination of Mitchell and Deebo will be similar!!!
Do we pay him like a WR, RB, or QB??????

I NEED ANSWERS!!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Did you just say Deebo's mama got a fat azz? Betta watch out. He gon' snatch yo chain. lol

Lol. Well I know plenty of athletes growing up built like Deebo and when I saw their mothers it wasn't hard to see some carryover to sound a bit like Parcells
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Do we pay him like a WR, RB, or QB??????

I NEED ANSWERS!!

Thats the nightmare he presents to opposing defenses. Add in a strong runner in Mitchell and that two headed running attack will give Dan Quin headaches. Add in the other recievers Deebo can throw to and it presents unique probelms to all playoff defenses playing against the 49ers.
Anyway Jed can ask his uncle for that gambling money? We are going to need it to pay Deebo.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Anyway Jed can ask his uncle for that gambling money? We are going to need it to pay Deebo.

WE don't need to pay him anything that's their money
Share 49ersWebzone