LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Joe Woods as Passing Game Coordinator (Browns DC)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Than why not just get an experienced Defensive Coordinator? 🤯
Originally posted by GEEK:
Still allows Marquand Manuel to join our staff as DBs coach.

Man, that would be great. The defensive coaching staff would be significantly upgraded.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Heroism:
As long as Woods can get the defense to be more versatile in its coverages and disguises, I'm all for it.

The nice thing is that he has a pretty diverse history of coaching different styles of coverage. He's coached in schemes that were man and zone heavy.

This! Maybe he can be our pass intercepting coordinator too, our DBs doesn't know that coverage
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So still no DB coach?
it seems like passing game coordinator just means he's a DBs coach with more responsibility to help Saleh with pass defense?
Wonder what Sherman thinks.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Than why not just get an experienced Defensive Coordinator? 🤯

Cuz Woods is gonna be the assistant to the R̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶ defensive coordinator.
I hope he is our DC in 2020. He will probably run Wade Phillips scheme.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Jan 15, 2019 at 4:29 PM ]
As long as Woods can get the defense to be more versatile in its coverages and disguises, I'm all for it.

The nice thing is that he has a pretty diverse history of coaching different styles of coverage. He's coached in schemes that were man and zone heavy.

That's great. Looks like Shanny trying to accelerate Saleh's learning curve.
Hopefully he doesn't go elsewhere as DC before the season starts.
This seems like when we got Greg Roman a secret consultant to help him become more diverse.

This is a good thing because becoming more diverse back there and communication was a total flop.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 15, 2019 at 4:38 PM ]

Originally posted by Hawaii49er:

That's great. Looks like Shanny trying to accelerate Saleh's learning curve.
Hopefully he doesn't go elsewhere as DC before the season starts.

That's exactly how I see this hire, stuff to teach Saleh, if he learns he stays, if he does his replacement is in the building.
Originally posted by NCommand:
This seems like when we got Greg Roman a secret consultant to help him become more diverse.

Yeah but that was Chris Palmer and he was useless.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah but that was Chris Palmer and he was useless.

Touche'
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Replacement for salah when he gets fired midseason.
Nice we're making up positions so we can get more quality coaches in here

I'm all for it
Share 49ersWebzone