There are 152 users in the forums

Niners hire Kris Kocurek as DL coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one is going to slack off on his watch.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one is going to slack off on his watch.

Good. Your best coach is rarely your favorite one. Should toughen this group up some.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one is going to slack off on his watch.

Good. Your best coach is rarely your favorite one. Should toughen this group up some.


As long as he knows how to use the carrot as well Im really liking seeing that.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
This is what I expected from Lynch and Shanahan. Take 2 years to overhaul the roster,get a franchise QB,play the young guys and let them make mistakes,see where the holes are,and upgrade the coaching staff. What they and I didn't expect was so many injuries and Reuben Foster to be a complete idiot. We're still on course and I still have confidence in these 2 men. Go Niners!!!

I wish I could up vote this comment. Best summary of this team so far.
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one is going to slack off on his watch.

Good. Your best coach is rarely your favorite one. Should toughen this group up some.


As long as he knows how to use the carrot as well Im really liking seeing that.

Leave the carrot, take the stick.
If you're a DL on the Niners, expect Kocurek to work your butt off...his guys historically have performed very well. With the additions of Ford, Bosa & Street, I expect our front to get after it in a big way. This is going to be fun to watch.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If you're a DL on the Niners, expect Kocurek to work your butt off...his guys historically have performed very well. With the additions of Ford, Bosa & Street, I expect our front to get after it in a big way. This is going to be fun to watch.


The added speed at LB makes blitzing that much more enticing as well.
Kocurek is going to make AA cry.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kocurek is going to make AA cry.

Good.
Love it!

Bludgeon! bludgeon! BLUDGEON!!!!!
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kocurek is going to make AA cry.

I dont know. He will either make or break AA and ST.
Hes being pretty nice atm. Hope he ramps it up soon.
Surprised no one made mention of the article: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/new-49ers-d-line-coach-kris-kocurek-might-be-right-amount-crazy -- This is really good stuff. I love seeing things that can actually instill some genuine hope. Buckner, AA, Day, Blair, etc. all are quoted saying they love the guy. I really do hope everything they pick from him translates to tremendous success for our D this year.

"It's been great," Armstead said. "He's an amazing coach. He's really passionate about the game, he wants us to be successful. He does seem a little crazy, but in a good way. He's really motivating and pushing us to reach our full potential and be the best we can be. We're really excited to have him and have him leading us."

"I've never met a person great at anything who wasn't a little crazy," Sherman said. "People look at the yelling and screaming as a negative thing. It's not like he's just yelling and screaming at guys, and that's the difference between him and a lot of coaches who kind of take that style.

"He's yelling techniques. He's yelling 'get off.' He's yelling run to the ball. He's not yelling M.F. and cursing at guys for making mistakes, he's just yelling effort. The effort he's giving, the guys are just trying to match. And that's something you can get behind and something you can go with.

"He's teaching incredible techniques and every one of the D-linemen is saying they are benefiting from it. So you can just appreciate the energy and the amount of time that he spends and amount of effort that he spends every day just to get his guys ready."
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 22, 2019 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Surprised no one made mention of the article: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/new-49ers-d-line-coach-kris-kocurek-might-be-right-amount-crazy -- This is really good stuff. I love seeing things that can actually instill some genuine hope. Buckner, AA, Day, Blair, etc. all are quoted saying they love the guy. I really do hope everything they pick from him translates to tremendous success for our D this year.

"It's been great," Armstead said. "He's an amazing coach. He's really passionate about the game, he wants us to be successful. He does seem a little crazy, but in a good way. He's really motivating and pushing us to reach our full potential and be the best we can be. We're really excited to have him and have him leading us."

"I've never met a person great at anything who wasn't a little crazy," Sherman said. "People look at the yelling and screaming as a negative thing. It's not like he's just yelling and screaming at guys, and that's the difference between him and a lot of coaches who kind of take that style.

"He's yelling techniques. He's yelling 'get off.' He's yelling run to the ball. He's not yelling M.F. and cursing at guys for making mistakes, he's just yelling effort. The effort he's giving, the guys are just trying to match. And that's something you can get behind and something you can go with.

"He's teaching incredible techniques and every one of the D-linemen is saying they are benefitting from it. So you can just appreciate the energy and the amount of time that he spends and amount of effort that he spends every day just to get his guys ready."

So he's not just doing this?

Share 49erswebzone