LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Niners hire Kris Kocurek as DL coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Exactly. I can't wait for people to get latched on to two to three players this off-season and then lose it when we don't sign them.
Earl Thomas
He's gonna make both these soft cotton candy ass b***hes cry

• okdkid
  • Veteran
I will be very surprised if they don't bring back Armstead now.

I have to believe that firing one DL coach and bringing in a (supposed) improvement has a lot to do with getting the most out of this guy before he's a true UFA.

He's already a top (elite?) run defender. That's absolutely worth what is effectively a one year deal. Now they'll see what the new coach can bring out of him as a pass rusher.
Originally posted by NCommand:
He didn't compare the two. You need to listen to it. He simply looked at our trends over the years (it may have expanded into the Baalke years) but it happened to be something I noticed under Baalke too.

No offense, but you and P clearly have not taken the time to listen to it, drawing conclusions and making assumptions completely off base from the topic covered.

It's a longer podcast so no worries but every Niner fan should listen to it. It's completely unbiased and just merely focuses on what we did do and trends.

It actually helps set the table for more realistic expectations for free agency.

It's cool, I know that he said from the last time the podcast was posted a few months back and we all discussed it. I didn't agree then and don't agree with it now, as I do not see the FA approach/spending habits between the 2 regimes even remotely comparable. Agree to disagree
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Exactly. I can't wait for people to get latched on to two to three players this off-season and then lose it when we don't sign them.
Earl Thomas

Yeah, I wonder how many people on this board will meltdown when we don't sign him.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
He didn't compare the two. You need to listen to it. He simply looked at our trends over the years (it may have expanded into the Baalke years) but it happened to be something I noticed under Baalke too.

No offense, but you and P clearly have not taken the time to listen to it, drawing conclusions and making assumptions completely off base from the topic covered.

It's a longer podcast so no worries but every Niner fan should listen to it. It's completely unbiased and just merely focuses on what we did do and trends.

It actually helps set the table for more realistic expectations for free agency.

It's cool, I know that he said from the last time the podcast was posted a few months back and we all discussed it. I didn't agree then and don't agree with it now, as I do not see the FA approach/spending habits between the 2 regimes even remotely comparable. Agree to disagree

Absolutely...totally respect that. We'll add year 3 soon and see how it stacks up.
Earl Thomas

No doubt. Soooo many fans are on that train along with K.J. Wright. Brandon Graham. Let's see how the market it.

Fingers crossed!
Earl Thomas

No doubt. Soooo many fans are on that train along with K.J. Wright. Brandon Graham. Let's see how the market it.

Fingers crossed!
Free agents are soooo overrated.
[ Edited by Niner4ever on Jan 15, 2019 at 1:14 PM ]
Here's to hoping he makes Solomon Thomas not a bust.

Earl Thomas

Fingers crossed!
Free agents are soooo overrated.

LOL...sometimes it is true. Sometimes, not so much.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

I have to believe that firing one DL coach and bringing in a (supposed) improvement has a lot to do with getting the most out of this guy before he's a true UFA.

He's already a top (elite?) run defender. That's absolutely worth what is effectively a one year deal. Now they'll see what the new coach can bring out of him as a pass rusher.

Elite and AA are two things that don't go together. He's going to make the roster imo simply because of the injury clause and his need for surgery.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Elite and AA are two things that don't go together. He's going to make the roster imo simply because of the injury clause and his need for surgery.

I don't think they were cutting him regardless -- unless they signed somebody of starting quality in FA.

Clearly you don't follow PFF. . Don't you know AA is a perennial PFF probowler?

It's doubtful a broken hand would cause a failed physical.
Share 49ersWebzone