Frank Gore

This
Originally posted by IGSXIII:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Frank Gore

This
yes with a translator
I love Gore
Papa / Whitner. For me...I'm really not digging Homers these days..Teds not to bad, but Tim (Jimmy T !) Ryan is brutal..please please please keep BobFitzgerald out of the picture
Originally posted by Niners99:
Wheres the petition to convince Starkey to come back? The voice of the dynasty. I miss his commentary so much.

One of the coolest things was Starkey still being around to call Patrick Willis' pick 6 against Seattle and yelling "Oh what a bonanza!!!"

He retired, just like Montana, Young & Willis. They aren't coming back
Papa is boring.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Wheres the petition to convince Starkey to come back? The voice of the dynasty. I miss his commentary so much.

One of the coolest things was Starkey still being around to call Patrick Willis' pick 6 against Seattle and yelling "Oh what a bonanza!!!"

He's still doing Cal Bear games unless he stopped recently . I Miss him
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Hes actually not retired. He just had to pick one team, and Cal worked better for him.
I dont like papa even though he's good at his job. all I see is raiders and how snakey he used to look in raiders gear.
Rather have papa that Robinson Robinson sucks

Both Robinson and Papa are top notch pros...so it really depends on one's preference.

Personally, I like Papa (although his TD call is overdone) because his knowledge of the game and preparation is second to none. He worked with, and learned a lot from Bill King, who I think is the best football broadcaster the Bay Area has ever known.

That stated, I wouldn't lose sleep if the Niners kept Robinson. I also think Tim Ryan breaks down plays really well and does his homework. He is a bit of a homer sure, but most color guys are, no matter what the sport is. The Bay Area is blessed to have great announcers in all of the major sports.

Cheers!
Get the radio guy that did the first game of the year against the rams a few seasons ago where the drunk fan ran onto the field.....he drunk....but there he goes!!!! Best announcer ever
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Robinson officially OUT as announcer!

Bring on Papa!
[ Edited by okdkid on Jan 2, 2019 at 7:57 AM ]
Papaaaaaaaaaaa!! Touchdown, Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniners!!
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 2, 2019 at 8:02 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone