There are 105 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-WR-Baylor is a 49ER

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Walked out on Tennessee. Hurt his knee. I don't know. I guess we just trust Shanny

Do you believe this (Hurd >>> Butler) ???

Kyle Shanahan must've gone to a Trent Baalke how-to-draft camp.

That's why we didn't draft QW. He would've slapped Shanny / Lynch by now

Deebo Hurd
Reminds me a of Delanie Walker
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Let's not draft a guy that started over kamara, then had a growth spurt lol. Sounds like a clone made to be elite to me
Hey Everyone being a texas longhorn fan i know hurd well i promise you he is a beast in the redzone
Not sure what to think about this pick. Seems like too much of a luxury to take a project WR in the 3rd, especially when our CB and S corps are in absolute shambles.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I like that he is big.

But..... He is slow. He started playing a different position. Then transferred. He is barely familiar with WR.

There were better players on the board by far. Even better WR's were available.

He ran a 4.3 40 in college, do you ever know what you are talking about?

Do you know what you are talking about? He ran a 4.66 at the Baylor Pro Day.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by krizay:
I think the idea is he can do anything and help Kittle. He is basically a TE with massive agility. I think they'll do crazy s**t with him and I can see him being a cover nightmare over the middle.

Here we go again in the 3rd round trying to be cute.

If you wanted a TE take FN Sternberger.

I don't know him at all to judge. But everyone is saying we could have gotten him in the 4th so that's the problem for me. They could be reading around and getting more picks etc.

Who's everyone? NFL.com had him in the 3rd. If Kyle liked him take him wherever who cares. Kyles knows how to use and look for tools. Joe Williams had a ticker problem not a talent problem. Kyle is good.
Gotta have willing trading partners to get more picks.

Our worries are a symptom of having unqualified GM like Lynch overseeing things.

Taking guys too early in 2017's 1st round,...took a year off in 2018 with McGlinchey,...but now the worries are back in 2019.

When you trust the GM,...you trust that he's doing his part beating out other teams for the players the coach wants.
Originally posted by bud49:
I watched this young man in high school and in college while at UT. He does not look fast but has long loping strides. One problem I had with him he quit on his team while at UT it started in the Georgia game, he transferred from UT and went to Baylor. I hope he has matured since then.

Don't worry, Joe Williams turned out okay.
That run after the catch though.
Gotta get him to run solid routes though.
Waste of a pick of Kyle is not the coach....luckily he is.

Too many other needs, don't understand the pick. Another KS love fest that won't work out.!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by krizay:
I think the idea is he can do anything and help Kittle. He is basically a TE with massive agility. I think they'll do crazy s**t with him and I can see him being a cover nightmare over the middle.

Here we go again in the 3rd round trying to be cute.

If you wanted a TE take FN Sternberger.

I don't know him at all to judge. But everyone is saying we could have gotten him in the 4th so that's the problem for me. They could be reading around and getting more picks etc.

Who's everyone? NFL.com had him in the 3rd. If Kyle liked him take him wherever who cares. Kyles knows how to use and look for tools. Joe Williams had a ticker problem not a talent problem. Kyle is good.

What about Beathard? Moore?
This pick is awesome great versatility and will be schemed love it plays multiple positions. Trade Goodwin for a later pick now.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I hate this pick. Where the f**k does he fit in? 4th or 5th wide out? 3d tight end? H back? Practice squad? Fml

Yeah, we are so loaded on our offensive weapons that there are no rooms for him....wait..really?
  • All22
  • Veteran
Love it! He was my draft crush. Maybe a round early but I can't be mad. Kyle is going to turn him into a star like Kittle and Juice.

Power HB/Possession WR.

Will be the best route running RB in the league in a year or two
[ Edited by All22 on Apr 26, 2019 at 6:59 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone