There are 186 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Wouldn't be shocked if he's put on pup list to start the season to save a roster spot for another WR.

I'm not expecting much from Hurd this yr.

I have a gut feeling you are right.

Big waste of the 67th overall pick if true.

Yep. Lots of good players were still there at 67. Pup list would be a massive disappointment

While I wasn't all about the pick (thought he could have been had later)....it wouldn't be the end of the world if he started on the PUP list, he's a LT high upside pick. Fans gotta realize Hurd probably isn't gonna come out killing it yr1. Dude is pretty green at the WR spot

No I agree, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I also think we could have used so many other players that were available at 67. It would be very disappointing to me if he can't even start the season healthy after drafting a WR in the round before him, holes throughout our roster and all of the health/injury problems we've had recently.

Yeah I agree, IMO I think they could have moved off that pick (if there was a team willing to move up)....AND still got Hurd and possibly a guy like Justin Layne.

I thought Hurd was a 4th/5th rd guy. Some guys I had rated higher than him, that were taken after (no order)

Okereke
Layne
Winovich
McLaurin
Sternberger
Saunders
McGovern
Knox
CGJ
Butler etc...
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Wouldn't be shocked if he's put on pup list to start the season to save a roster spot for another WR.

I'm not expecting much from Hurd this yr.

I have a gut feeling you are right.

Big waste of the 67th overall pick if true.

Yep. Lots of good players were still there at 67. Pup list would be a massive disappointment

While I wasn't all about the pick (thought he could have been had later)....it wouldn't be the end of the world if he started on the PUP list, he's a LT high upside pick. Fans gotta realize Hurd probably isn't gonna come out killing it yr1. Dude is pretty green at the WR spot

No I agree, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I also think we could have used so many other players that were available at 67. It would be very disappointing to me if he can't even start the season healthy after drafting a WR in the round before him, holes throughout our roster and all of the health/injury problems we've had recently.

Yeah I agree, IMO I think they could have moved off that pick (if there was a team willing to move up)....AND still got Hurd and possibly a guy like Justin Layne.

I thought Hurd was a 4th/5th rd guy. Some guys I had rated higher than him, that were taken after (no order)

Okereke
Layne
Winovich
McLaurin
Sternberger
Saunders
McGovern
Knox
CGJ
Butler etc...

Cajuste and Saunders were the two I wanted but I also loved Hurd so I'm okay with the pick.

If KS uses Hurd like I think he will, motioning him from WR to HB to TE and forcing the defense into defensive personnel that gives us an advantage, no one will care that we drafted Hurd "early".
No rush on him. We can work him in slowly and strategically. We have ample weapons. I look forward to seeing him in some sets especially from the 30 in.
I think Kyle said it best about Hurd. He has to prove that he's pretty good at something to make the team. Can't be a jack of all trade and think he'll make the team. Because there are high level of competition at all positions this year.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 15, 2019 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Kyle said it best about Hurd. He has to prove that he's pretty good at something to make the team. Can't be a jack of all trade and think he'll make the team. Because there are high level of competition at all positions this year.

He'll definitely make the team, its how much playing time he'll get is the question and how Kyle will use him
Good news, must be good to go and healthy. Didnt show up on the pup list.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:
Good news, must be good to go and healthy. Didnt show up on the pup list.

Yeah, he's good to go.
I fear this is another Joe Williams type pick
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

I hadn't heard about a of the emotional problems he has in common with Williams.

Could be. I'm not expecting much from him this year either way.

Lol misquote much? Kyle said nothing of the sort. Kyle said he would have gotten drafted at multiple positions but never said anything about needing to prove he is good at anything to make the team. A 3rd round pick isn't getting cut. Don't be ridiculous.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
NOT TO WORRY FELLAS !!!

TOWERING INFERNO turns out to be a bust up here, then Peetey will sign him and add 10+ lbs and turn him into a pass catching TE.
Your fears are unfounded bro. If Jalen Hurd fails (I don't think he will) it will be in an entirely different manner than Joe Williams. Shanahan sees something in Hurd that he can work with. At this point, despite his failures, I can't fathom the logic behind not having the utmost trust in Shanahan. He and the staff will bring out the best in Hurd, whom I give the benefit of the doubt has more heart for football than Williams.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Lol misquote much? Kyle said nothing of the sort. Kyle said he would have gotten drafted at multiple positions but never said anything about needing to prove he is good at anything to make the team. A 3rd round pick isn't getting cut. Don't be ridiculous.

I wasn't trying to quote Kyle. That's what I'd gathered from his presser at the time. Going by memory, he was asked about Hurd's versatility,and Kyle said Hurd was drafted to play WR, and he can be used some at RB. Then at some point in the presser, Kyle mentioned the level of competition at WR are much better this year, and some guy capable of playing in the NFL will be cut because of that. Message sent.

So like a good listener, I put the 2 together, and think Hurd better be good at something like at WR first. And not just be OK at somethings. They already have 4 capable RBs

Maybe you have a different interpretation
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 27, 2019 at 10:49 AM ]
Hurd looks impressive as did Samuel in the drills... Pettis looks really good... Jimmy might be a good Late round QB steal.. How sweet if ur teams QB won your fantasy leagues like a KC fan with Mahomes... Pipe dream
Share 49ersWebzone