LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm not super optimistic that this dude will be any good but I am really intrigued to see how Kyle will use him

hope for the best.. but I think he's a big improvement over Bourne Identity !!

Red zone because Kyle has always sucked in the red zone. We need a big RB and a big WR.

Red zone too crowded for Kyles cute layered routes.
COULD not have said that any other way..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm not super optimistic that this dude will be any good but I am really intrigued to see how Kyle will use him

hope for the best.. but I think he's a big improvement over Bourne Identity !!
i will take this guy over about 3 of "our guys"
Wouldn't be shocked if he's put on pup list to start the season to save a roster spot for another WR.

I'm not expecting much from Hurd this yr.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wouldn't be shocked if he's put on pup list to start the season to save a roster spot for another WR.

He may be on the PUP but at the end of the year he will be a main weapon in this offense. #facts #youhurdright #hurditthroughthegrapevine #hashtag
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I have a gut feeling you are right.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Big waste of the 67th overall pick if true.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

IF this is true. i will be pissed... we are not some 13 win team who can just draft for depth. we need actual players who can play now . not in 6 game or 8 games or next year. already if this is true. i can see people. say.. meh,, no big deal.
Unless Hurd is a ST demons, how is he going to get on the field? Who is going to be inactive, come game day?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
Unless Hurd is a ST demons, how is he going to get on the field? Who is going to be inactive, come game day?

i hope he just gets healthy and he can beat out someone like james or bourne straight up
Originally posted by Waterbear:

He may be on the PUP but at the end of the year he will be a main weapon in this offense. #facts #youhurdright #hurditthroughthegrapevine #hashtag

He's your boy, I'll be writing that down...

Yep. Lots of good players were still there at 67. Pup list would be a massive disappointment
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Yep. Lots of good players were still there at 67. Pup list would be a massive disappointment

While I wasn't all about the pick (thought he could have been had later)....it wouldn't be the end of the world if he started on the PUP list, he's a LT high upside pick. Fans gotta realize Hurd probably isn't gonna come out killing it yr1. Dude is pretty green at the WR spot

While I wasn't all about the pick (thought he could have been had later)....it wouldn't be the end of the world if he started on the PUP list, he's a LT high upside pick. Fans gotta realize Hurd probably isn't gonna come out killing it yr1. Dude is pretty green at the WR spot

To be honest I really don't expect much out of him at all. I hope he proves me wrong

No I agree, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I also think we could have used so many other players that were available at 67. It would be very disappointing to me if he can't even start the season healthy after drafting a WR in the round before him, holes throughout our roster and all of the health/injury problems we've had recently.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IS HURD HURT???
Share 49ersWebzone