What's this guys timetable to return?

I haven't Hurd anything yet

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
What's this guys timetable to return?

I haven't Hurd anything yet

LOL
You have QB turning WR, but I don't remember a RB turned WR. RB running a few routes certainly. But not transitioning to fulltime WR.

Hurd might be one of those naturally gifted football players.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 2, 2019 at 10:36 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
again i wanted butler. but i am so glad we got this guy. part of a much needed and wise overhaul of the wide out corps. see. i give credit where it is due
I've hurd this all before.
Is this dude going to be healthy for the season? Has he taken a single snap during OTAs/minicamp? I haven't really been following it closely. All I've heard is that he's hurt.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jul 2, 2019 at 11:48 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Is that a lot of misses?
🤔
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Jul 2, 2019 at 11:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

Is that a lot of misses?
🤔

As much as our draft picks.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I've hurd this all before.

Colin Cowherd loves him. Ahhhhhhh. It's the Hurd.

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for Izyniner.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
You have QB turning WR, but I don't remember a RB turned WR. RB running a few routes certainly. But not transitioning to fulltime WR.

I believe Mohammed Sanu made the switch in college. Seems like I remember the knock being that he was a limited route tree and to slow. Guess they were wrong.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We haven't had this type of athlete since the Running Watters !!

at Notre Dame, Ricky was a RB then a WR then a RB again.. He was supposed to be the next coming of Tim Brown and Lou Holtz once said that he was the BEST athlete he's ever coached !!

If THE TOWERING INFERNO gets his confidence early, WATCH OUT !!!
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I believe Mohammed Sanu made the switch in college. Seems like I remember the knock being that he was a limited route tree and to slow. Guess they were wrong.

Sanu was a true freshman WR. He was similar to Percy Harvin though where he got a lot of looks out of the backfield.

But yeah I can't think of many who have made the switch fully. I think Shane Vereen was talked about making the move at one point for the Pats but it never happened.

Here's hoping Hurd will be talked about as a conversion project similar to a Hines Ward or a Julian Edelman type when it's said and done. I'm not going to lie I think using an early 3rd rounder on a conversion project is risky business and I wish we wouldn't have done it but I'm hoping for the best.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Is this dude going to be healthy for the season? Has he taken a single snap during OTAs/minicamp? I haven't really been following it closely. All I've heard is that he's hurt.

IIRC, he took every snap at rookie minicamp and then they shut him down for OTA's...probably the same approach they are taking with Deebo and Bosa and 100 others. I hope. Either way, I'd be surprised if he was active for the first few weeks. It seems like he's learning the Z mostly but you know he's probably in the RB and TE room too.

And how many games missed due to concussions this guy is a huge risk IMO, yet fits the Niners mold well of us drafting injured players
Share 49erswebzone