There are 115 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-WR-Baylor is a 49ER

Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:
Hurd is gonna be a beast. hope they keep him at WR

While he may play more of a WR role I hope they list him as TE. We have some tough decisions to make at WR to make the roster but TE is much more flexible in that 3rd slot. From a roster perspective I think that makes sense even if in reality he in no way lines up as a TE (Thinking Jimmy Graham from a few years ago) who played more snaps at WR then TE but was designated as a TE.

He would probably not like the idea of getting paid less, like TEs are.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

While he may play more of a WR role I hope they list him as TE. We have some tough decisions to make at WR to make the roster but TE is much more flexible in that 3rd slot. From a roster perspective I think that makes sense even if in reality he in no way lines up as a TE (Thinking Jimmy Graham from a few years ago) who played more snaps at WR then TE but was designated as a TE.

Barrows brought up a point on a recent podcast about there being # rules and other things and was going to check the bylaws to see how Kyle can label him. I would imagine that's a big deal...WR vs. TE. Like had we used Buckner at Big End vs. 3T we'd have to pay significantly more for him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Barrows brought up a point on a recent podcast about there being # rules and other things and was going to check the bylaws to see how Kyle can label him. I would imagine that's a big deal...WR vs. TE. Like had we used Buckner at Big End vs. 3T we'd have to pay significantly more for him.

I think if he can produce on the gridiron would affect more how he's paid vs a positional name.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think if he can produce on the gridiron would affect more how he's paid vs a positional name.

But average production as a receiver will get you paid more than great production as a TE.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
how fast is he again??

he looks more fluid than fast IMO and that's good for his size. .. bottom line, he needs to have great hands in order to be THAT type of WR..
Can't wait to find out how Shanahan is going to use this guy. I suspect a number of big plays for Hurd where he is wide open cause the defense is like
Originally posted by Giedi:

Nope, right ends make considerably less than receivers.
for those of you with access to The Athletic

Daniel Jeremiah brought up a great point yesterday. The 49ers should list Jalen Hurd as a TE just to see if any DCs will match him up with a LB/S because of how he's listed on the official depth chart. Someone is bound to take the cheese.
lol When you don't square up on a 6'4 3/4 RB

This guy is an Uber H-back, and the real OW IMO (no offense to Juice). There is nowhere in the skill positions he can't line-up and be effective, except QB- but who knows?
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
This guy is an Uber H-back, and the real OW IMO (no offense to Juice). There is nowhere in the skill positions he can't line-up and be effective, except QB- but who knows?

Shanny will be so excited to use all these weapons at once!
What's this guys timetable to return?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I haven't Hurd anything yet
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

TC
Share 49erswebzone