LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by BlackGoat49:
Originally posted by Travis49erfan:
Vernon davis was a beast during his prime

Hands of stone and he will never make the hof either. Overdrafted at 6 for a barely functional team. It was a horrible draft pick.

Dude had to be kicked off of the sidelines by Singletary. He wasn't worth the headaches.

other than gore during those dark times davis came a long and showed some playmaking ability that this team was badly lacking during that time and gave smith his first weapon. if we could've drafted some good receivers after that it would've have turned out great, but we never did.

When Vernon Davis was on (2009 to 2013), he was really on. Had we had a legitimate second option at WR, perhaps Greg Roman would've faired better with our offenses at the time. Not that I would trade out Davis for Kittle, but can you imagine what KS would do with Davis AND Kittle, along with the other playmakers this team has?

Based on how the other first round picks after Davis turned out, I'd say he more than held his own.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by WINiner:

The size difference...

Geezus, he was an NFL caliber RB at that size

I can see Kyle's mind working on pass patterns and play actions that can free Hurd up for some big red zone catches.

I"m thinking 22 z in, would also work.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I can see Kyle's mind working on pass patterns and play actions that can free Hurd up for some big red zone catches.

I"m thinking 22 z in, would also work.

How does a guy this big, be so quick, so fast, and yet have such great moves? I saw him in the HORNS/Baylor game and he faked out a DB so bad the guy still hasn't found his jock strap. Incredible. How did he go in 3rd rd? Did nobody else see him? That is really strange. Also i remember him outrunning our (HORNS) fastest DB. He is a 4.5 or under guy . Good gracious.

He's also hell on wheels for RAC. Sheesh.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 17, 2019 at 5:06 PM ]
  • C-Nut
  • Veteran
Bucky brooks has Garoppolo and Hurd ranked as one of his favorite veteran rookie duo's.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031142/article/nfls-top-5-rookieveteran-passing-duos-did-jets-miscalculate
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Hurd is going to be Jimmy Graham on steroids.

They seem very different, Graham being bigger, stronger and maybe faster

Jimmy Graham is 6' 7", 265 lbs, arms 35" (per NFL.com)
40 4.56 / Vert 38.5 / Broad 120 / 3 cone 6.90 / shuttle 11.76

Jaylen Hurd
6' 5", 226 lbs, arms 32"
40 4.66 / Vert 35.5 / Broad 124 / ss 4.18 / 3 cone ?? / shuttle ??
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:

Jaylen Hurd
6' 5", 226 lbs, arms 32"

I thought I read/heard the 4.66 40 was with a meniscus injury. I could be wrong.

Just seeing his natural ability, and coupling that with Kyle creating plays for him, I think he could be the closest thing to T.O. that we have had.

I can see him catching short passes and running over DBs.

I could be hyping him, but I love me a big receiver with a running back mentality.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
... I think he could be the closest thing to T.O. that we have had.

TO was un-coverable.
ran a 4.3 40.
6 time all-pro
Hall of Famer

Jaylen Hurd
6' 5", 226 lbs, arms 32"

I thought I read/heard the 4.66 40 was with a meniscus injury. I could be wrong.

Just seeing his natural ability, and coupling that with Kyle creating plays for him, I think he could be the closest thing to T.O. that we have had.

I can see him catching short passes and running over DBs.

I could be hyping him, but I love me a big receiver with a running back mentality.

Yeah I don't think he looks or plays at all like Jimmy. But Jimmy Graham is definitely slower than him. I think Hurd is definitely a sub 4.5 guy, if not faster. He ran that 4.66 with the injury.
... I think he could be the closest thing to T.O. that we have had.

TO was un-coverable.
ran a 4.3 40.
6 time all-pro
Hall of Famer

When did he run a 4.3?

The size difference...

Holy 💩💩

The size difference...

Holy 💩💩
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Is that Goodwin out there as well in the hood and hat?

I think that's Richie James
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
When Vernon Davis was on (2009 to 2013), he was really on. Had we had a legitimate second option at WR, perhaps Greg Roman would've faired better with our offenses at the time. Not that I would trade out Davis for Kittle, but can you imagine what KS would do with Davis AND Kittle, along with the other playmakers this team has?

Based on how the other first round picks after Davis turned out, I'd say he more than held his own.

It has nothing to do with your post but reading about Davis to this day still gives me a specific form of turrets where I hell, "Why the hell are you jumping?!"
He was fantastic there for a while but that little hop made me want to kick puppies.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Damn... need cliff notes!

Can we not make Captain Sparrow a Hall of Famer yet??

The last player we had and lead him to believe that he's ALL THAT was darn Venon " The Hands of Stone Cry Baby " Davis and look what happened to that over hype muscle man.

Vernon davis was a beast during his prime

Yeah, easily one of the best TE's to ever play for the 49ers. He didn't live up to the hype guys like me laid down before he was drafted, but he was still a really good player for the 49ers and the best player of the 3 at that slot in the draft that year (it was going to be Vernon Davis, AJ Hawk who went one pick before or Michael Huff who went 1 pick later, according to most fans/experts).

The entire HaRoman offense was based around the ability of our TE's to run block like linemen and beat Safeties and LBs for big plays in the passing game. Just pull up Vernon's playoff games against the Saints and Giants if you need proof.

YES... Vernon " The Hand of Stone Cry Baby " will ONLY be remembered for these TWO games...
I predict he'll see at least 2 jet sweeps per game.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:
again,, good for him if he did good things elsewhere. but it means nothing to me. just like trent brown. i was not a big fan of getting rid of him. but i never made one post moaning about what he was doing in new england.. i think the only time i was obsessed with where a niner player went was haley and to a greater extent ronnie lott. i was pissed we got rid of garcia but not because i was worried he would go to great things elsewhere.. i just thought we should have kept him and let alex set a couple years. ok. i have no point here

I think he was referencing that you complained endlessly about the 49ers having cut him. Kerley went on to do absolutely nothing but get busted for PEDS and is now out of the league entirely.

Should we anticipate a similar reaction when Matthews gets cut too?

I remember this as well.

last time i checked it was fine to b***h about a player being cut. where they end up means nothing to me. i judge players on what they do for us.. in regards to kerley. yes i thought it was wrong to cut a guy who was good for us. had he stayed maybe he still would have been good.. i also b***hed bad about them keeping old garcon coming off a broken neck. turns out i was right about that one in my opinion and i also said the team needs to bring in some new wide outs and make them taller., well. there you go. in my opinion some posters and some mods get to caught up in posters they do not like and go our of their way to try to make them look bad

Easy there man, I like you fine. Just because I don't agree with someone doesn't mean I don't like them. I put folks I don't like on ignore, and I don't have anyone on my ignore list. We are all on the same side so...

Share 49ersWebzone