There are 148 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-WR-Baylor is a 49ER

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I hate this pick. Where the f**k does he fit in? 4th or 5th wide out? 3d tight end? H back? Practice squad? Fml

If dude start d I've kamara, he's gotta be a beast.
Might be trying to replicate the two TE sets like in NE for Garoppolo (Gronkowski/Hernandez). 

You can flex this guy out everywhere. Teams won't know if it's a run or pass.

Deebo will be inside a lot too.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2019 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
Walked out on Tennessee. Hurt his knee. I don't know. I guess we just trust Shanny

Do you believe this (Hurd >>> Butler) ???

Kyle Shanahan must've gone to a Trent Baalke how-to-draft camp.
Originally posted by Sfwusc:
WRs

Pettis
Samuel
Mathews
Taylor
Goodwin
Hurd

Don't be surprised if Mathew's is the odd man out. Although surprised, Hurd is an intriguing pick. Running back skills with a record of success and learning to become a receiver. Just think if you have Pettis, Samuel, Goodwin, Taylor on the perimeter and Hurd lined up in the back field. Hurd can run effectively. How do you defend that?
I mocked him to us and we got him I'm so damn happy!!!!!!
Originally posted by bud49:
I watched this young man in high school and in college while at UT. Very good athlete not blazing speed but good. One problem I had with him he quit on his team while at UT it started in the Georgia game, he transferred from UT and went to Baylor. I hope he has matured since then.

He wanted to play receiver, Butch Jones wasn't having it.
Kid looks like he loves to play. I like his wiggle. Looks raw, but also seems like he would be one to work hard and love doing it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I hate this pick. Where the f**k does he fit in? 4th or 5th wide out? 3d tight end? H back? Practice squad? Fml

Between the sheets with Pettis
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
He ran a 4.3 40, do you ever know what you are talking about?

He ran a 4.66 at his Pro Day. He's not a speed merchant, more of a really big possession receiver.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

End zone threat. He is a natural hands catcher, and runs like a rb. But is 6-5. My favorite pick.

Man oh man, he was a stud at UT with Kamara, I actually totally disagree about him quitting on the team. He was very clear that he thought he could have a longer NFL career as a receiver and transferred to Baylor. I guess it's how you see it. He is a dynamic athlete. Also to have the confidence to just switch positions an actually be super successful at it is amazing.

They will call him Offensive Weapon.

I see the potential, but question the value at that spot.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
FFS in the 3d?! I dont see anything to justify This

I don't get why we'd pick him over Hakeem Butler who is less of an injury risk with better physical tools. Hurd is 6'5 with very short arms (32") for his size. Butler has similar measurables to Mike Evans.

Because we covet run after the catch, and route running. He does both well and only played WR 1 yr. I preferred CGJ here, but I had Hurd mocked to us 5th rd. We'll see how it plays out
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by TrojanPV:
Wtf? 2 receivers?
Our WR core is pretty bad outside of Pettis.

This
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers fans wanted a BIG WR, they got one now. This dude spent most of his career as a RB, was a pretty good one, had a really good year as he transitioned WR, kind of an odd pick but there is a lot for Kyle to work with.

Wow,no wonder. When I was looking at the highlights, was thinking,hey he's pretty shifty after the catch. Former RB.

s**t, add some weight, dude could be a TE
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 26, 2019 at 6:56 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone