LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Issue with the 5th WR is he needs to bring more to the team than a WR, we know Pettis, Samuel, Hurd, and Goodwin will be the top 4, but the 5th on gamedays needs to do more, like be a returner, or at least play STs, Idk if Matthews plays STs.

I know Bourne can play STs, and Taylor and James can return Punts or Kicks.

Good point. That 6th is inactive on game days. The 5th may not NEED to be a ST guy given we have Reed and Deebo and others who can be used in the return game but it could be a catalyst to making the 46.

Y'all are talking like all these WR's are gonna be healthy when real games start.

Taylor, James and Mathews will all make the team in some form or another. With our injury history, I dont see Kyle wanting to let any of those guys go until he is forced to by another injury to a position group they kept minimal depth with.
Issue with the 5th WR is he needs to bring more to the team than a WR, we know Pettis, Samuel, Hurd, and Goodwin will be the top 4, but the 5th on gamedays needs to do more, like be a returner, or at least play STs, Idk if Matthews plays STs.

Good one AB, didn't think of this at all. I'm really interested to see how things play out, i'll be sad to see bourne, trent or james go though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JayBomber:

Good one AB, didn't think of this at all. I'm really interested to see how things play out, i'll be sad to see bourne, trent or james go though.

not me
Originally posted by cciowa:

not me

While they've each had their moments, they're also not guys who you gameplan for or against. The only guy who, IMO, has that potential is Taylor because he has the potential to be a Danny Amendola/Wes Welker type. But, so far it's all potential and hasn't realized. That potential may never be fully realized.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by cciowa:

not me

While they've each had their moments, they're also not guys who you gameplan for or against. The only guy who, IMO, has that potential is Taylor because he has the potential to be a Danny Amendola/Wes Welker type. But, so far it's all potential and hasn't realized. That potential may never be fully realized.

You could say that about most young players though. Like cmon they've been in the league for 2 years and james only 1, Bourne i can understand because he probably has maxed out on the production he can create but with Taylor & James i don't think so. Both have shown to be pretty scary in the slot. James didn't play with Jimmy ( at least not that much) and Trent was injured most of last season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Damn... need cliff notes!

Can we not make Captain Sparrow a Hall of Famer yet??

The last player we had and lead him to believe that he's ALL THAT was darn Venon " The Hands of Stone Cry Baby " Davis and look what happened to that over hype muscle man.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yeah, can someone post the highlights, por favor?

lol
Originally posted by 9moon:

Can we not make Captain Sparrow a Hall of Famer yet??

The last player we had and lead him to believe that he's ALL THAT was darn Venon " The Hands of Stone Cry Baby " Davis and look what happened to that over hype muscle man.

Vernon davis was a beast during his prime
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:

Hands of stone and he will never make the hof either. Overdrafted at 6 for a barely functional team. It was a horrible draft pick.

Dude had to be kicked off of the sidelines by Singletary. He wasn't worth the headaches.
Originally posted by Travis49erfan:
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:

Hands of stone and he will never make the hof either. Overdrafted at 6 for a barely functional team. It was a horrible draft pick.

Dude had to be kicked off of the sidelines by Singletary. He wasn't worth the headaches.

other than gore during those dark times davis came a long and showed some playmaking ability that this team was badly lacking during that time and gave smith his first weapon. if we could've drafted some good receivers after that it would've have turned out great, but we never did.
[ Edited by BlackGoat49 on May 17, 2019 at 2:58 AM ]

Originally posted by valrod33:
download the athletic app, you get 3 free articles a month

Hurd is going to be Jimmy Graham on steroids.

Until the Patriots pick him up off waivers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Until the Patriots pick him up off waivers.

i think alot of people worry to much about where x niners go and what they will do. to me, if they can not cut it here. screw em and i could care less where they go or what they could do.

The size difference...
Share 49ersWebzone