LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Excited as anyone for him, but Hasn't proven anything and is oft injured, so why would he be discussed as the #2?

Simply, because why not. It's the off season.

Imagine if he did come in and was electric and was the best player on the field per Peter King.

There's a lot of combinations you can use now with Hurd, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle.

Good times!

The coming of the Kyle Positionless Football.
--- NCommand.

Imagine if KS converted a 7th round DT to start at Guard NC might have a stroke lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Excited as anyone for him, but Hasn't proven anything and is oft injured, so why would he be discussed as the #2?

Imagine if he did come in and was electric and was the best player on the field per Peter King.

There's a lot of combinations you can use now with Hurd, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle.

Good times!

--- NCommand.

Imagine if KS converted a 7th round DT to start at Guard NC might have a stroke lol

I can see NC up and down the boards about Kyle being a coach for doing that.
Anyone hear what weight he is at recently? I think Kyle wanted him at his Tennessee RB weight of 240lbs.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Anyone hear what weight he is at recently? I think Kyle wanted him at his Tennessee RB weight of 240lbs.

Ugh, why in God's name would he want a 240 pound WR? That makes almost zero sense .
AGree about the current and former rookies having a longer time to adjust because of the Communist Plague.
I'll just add that Kyle's run game - if it continues to be so dominating - then the WR's are going to block more than run routes and catch passes this season. Which means the WR's passing development might be slowed by that. A possible factor in last years super bowl loss (I haven't had the guts to rewatch much of it) is the fact that both playoff games last year, both the QB and the WR's didn't have a lot of work to do and were possibly rusty for the super bowl.
I'd rather they be developing their route running abilities for the closer games that we're likely to have. Close games mean more passing attempts.
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on Jun 4, 2020 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Ugh, why in God's name would he want a 240 pound WR? That makes almost zero sense .
To use him as a move TE, RB as well as WR. He is also a prodigious blocker and might be able to be used in more sets.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
The topic was on Hurd being #2, not Bourne or Taylor helping out to carry the load. Hurd is basically a rookie as well, so all those things you mentioned about Aiyuk amd finding his stride can essentially be said for Hurd too. Hurd also has less experience at WR overall than Aiyuk. All that said, in the end the lineup I want to see trotting on the field includes a combination of Deebo, Aiyuk and Hurd regardless of who carries that #2 WR title
AGree about the current and former rookies having a longer time to adjust because of the Communist Plague.
I'll just add that Kyle's run game - if it continues to be so dominating - then the WR's are going to block more than run routes and catch passes this season. Which means the WR's passing development might be slowed by that. A possible factor in last years super bowl loss (I haven't had the guts to rewatch much of it) is the fact that both playoff games last year, both the QB and the WR's didn't have a lot of work to do and were possibly rusty for the super bowl.

Good point on the run blocking. Aiyuk isn't even in the same stratosphere as Hurd when it comes to that
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Damn 225 pages for this guy?

Crazy. Never seen a player who has done so little have so much hype.

bro, Tank Caradine's was 320.

Lawrence Okoye popped into my mind randomly

Jarryd Hayne.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
To use him as a move TE, RB as well as WR. He is also a prodigious blocker and might be able to be used in more sets.
"He's played receiver for one year," Shanahan said. "He has the ability to get more separation skills but he can cut, especially with his size and hands, good enough to go out there and beat nickel backs and corners. I think the neatest thing about him is at any time you can put him in the backfield too and run a running play with him. You can run power. You can treat him like a running back, not just a receiver who occasionally goes back there, which is neat. I think he was close to 250 when he played running back at Tennessee. Last year he was 230 as a receiver. Our tight ends are like that too. We plan on him coming in and being a receiver, working him with that group and putting him with Wes (wide receivers coach Wes Welker) and Miles (offensive assistant Miles Austin), but I don't think that's where it stops. We'll see how his body ends up being here over the years, and while he does it, I also hope we can give him a few carries here and there."

"He's got to show he can play one position first," Shanahan said. "He hasn't been out there, and he's got to make this team as a receiver first. So, there's other guys he's got to beat out, and once he shows he can learn the offense and that he's better than other people at certain things, then you give him that. Just because someone's built that way doesn't mean that they get it. He's got to be better than people. And he's got a long way to go until he proves that."

Shanahan said Tuesday Hurd will line up at Z or F receiver in the early going, but as indicated in the quote above, Hurd needs to stay on the field first. He had knee surgery towards the end of his final season at Baylor, and as a result he hasn't had the practice time of other rookies this spring. Shanahan told reporters in late May he wanted Hurd to heal up and work on his conditioning before getting into a full practice load.

He's got to learn to play WR before anything else. He's in the WR room.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 5, 2020 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by corona55569:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Damn 225 pages for this guy?

Crazy. Never seen a player who has done so little have so much hype.

bro, Tank Caradine's was 320.

Lawrence Okoye popped into my mind randomly

Jarryd Hayne.

Carradine and hayne are great examples. Unfortunately, so far K Street is looking like hel be carradine 2.0
  • thl408
Nothing we don't already know about him but a nice video.

Good times!

--- NCommand.

positionless implies he doesn't play, lol

he has multiple positions in fact
Originally posted by thl408:

lol i was just gonna post this.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Good times!

--- NCommand.

I can see NC up and down the boards about Kyle being a coach for doing that.

What do you think Garland is?

But hey, if Isaac Sopoaga can be our FB, why not? As long as he has high talent and a high ceiling, let Benton work his magic.
Originally posted by thl408:

Good stuff. His inflection at the end of each point was super annoYING but good stuff nonetheless!
  • thl408
Good stuff. His inflection at the end of each point was super annoYING but good stuff nonetheless!

I re-watched a bit and that's all I can hear NOW.
Share 49ersWebzone