LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by SanFranDan21:
The very latest report on Hurd is that he is fully healed now and ready. It was a fluke type back injury that he had that just took time to get right.

j hurd injury history goes back to mesozoic era

I wouldnt speculate about hurd until he is taking snaps.

You're not a fan of Hurd?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Until the draft is over or an unexpected FA signing, Hurd is the thing I am most intrigued about heading into next year.

He's hidden away in Area 51
Glad to hear he is fully healthy now
Originally posted by tohara3:

Put him in bubble wrap until OTAs!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Is he a TE or WR? He's still a mystery to me heading into next season.

That's the beauty of it Mayo. He is one of kyle's WR/TE/ RB , or trifectas, aka triple threats. With Hurd, that makes 6, maybe 7 or 8. I know you know this but it keeps the Defense from bringing in guys to stop the run on 3rd and 3, but with a Hurd and the other trifectas, the D can't substitute because there are 4 to 6 ball handlers on the field that are great blockers, RBs, and WRs/TEs. Kyle just takes any defense's subbing and makes it non-useful, because all 5 or 6 of those guys can Run, bloc, or catch. Substitution on D is fruitless. We have the advantage on them. If their D is stuck in pass pro, they have to play it that way, and then kyle runs the ball...against a pass D...or vice versa. But i know you know this. It is really for others that might not.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Is he a TE or WR? He's still a mystery to me heading into next season.

That's the beauty of it Mayo. He is one of kyle's WR/TE/ RB , or trifectas, aka triple threats. With Hurd, that makes 6, maybe 7 or 8. I know you know this but it keeps the Defense from bringing in guys to stop the run on 3rd and 3, but with a Hurd and the other trifectas, the D can't substitute because there are 4 to 6 ball handlers on the field that are great blockers, RBs, and WRs/TEs. Kyle just takes any defense's subbing and makes it non-useful, because all 5 or 6 of those guys can Run, bloc, or catch. Substitution on D is fruitless. We have the advantage on them. If their D is stuck in pass pro, they have to play it that way, and then kyle runs the ball...against a pass D...or vice versa. But i know you know this. It is really for others that might not.

Yeah, I know he has triple threat potential. Just hope the kid can stay healthy and that back doesn't act up on him again.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
You can have all the great players on our team but you still have kyle Shanahan pooping the bed when it matters
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
You can have all the great players on our team but you still have kyle Shanahan pooping the bed when it matters

Get over it, bubba - quit whining about it, it's time to move on.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 25, 2020 at 3:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Put him in bubble wrap until OTAs!

Seriously. But which coach has the balls to put him in bubble wrap? Good luck with that.
  • dmax
  • Veteran

Not yet bubba..still fresh in my mind

Originally posted by dmax:

Not yet bubba..still fresh in my mind

with all the players we need to sign from now on.. we would've robbed the league by winning the sb54!
we wont keep everybody here, like you say 'move on' means let go a lot of players
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Dude still not healthy.

Why is anybody counting on this guy?

Originally posted by okdkid:
Dude still not healthy.

That's definitely concerning...back injuries are scary but the fact that he's STILL not cleared definitely causes concern and also questions as how the hell did we think he could come back?

At this point I definitely don't think we can assume anything and I'd feel that way even if Hurd was fully cleared back in February since we haven't seen a thing from him in games that matter.

Right now as much as we've invested in the position in draft capital lately the position group is a big question mark

Deebo - only "sure" thing and he's not really a #1 guy but he looks like a very good player for us
Bourne - most of us love the kid but while he's quality depth he's not exactly someone who scares the other team
Sanders - will he be back?

Those are the only guys we can count on moving forward.

Hurd - unproven/back issue
Pettis - near Foster like 2nd season, who knows if he even makes it to camp or the active roster next season. I love the kid but clearly he needs to take his opportunity more serious.
Taylor - who knows where he's at after his nightmare injury season. Foot injuries for slot guys are killer.
James - nice glimpses here and there but hasn't shown he can be counted on big time.
Hoping he's good to go for OTAs still can't count on him. This draft is pack full of elite talent. They need to stock up
Originally posted by okdkid:
Dude still not healthy.

Who's counting on him? Nearly every mock I've seen has us drafting a WR early this coming draft.
Share 49ersWebzone