LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

• Kyzen
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I just get a funny vibe that Kyle is keeping this guy a secret for as long as he possibly can. When this dude starts he's gonna rip the roof off the NFL, Kyle knows it too. Hurd will be a vicious secret weapon that creeps out into the playoffs.

Please sweet lord baby jesus let this be the truth
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Please let this kid be healed and ready to go ASAP.

This team needs him in the worst way.

Is he even any good? We haven't seen much.

Sus, check out his U tube stuff, it isn't long but wow it is spectacular. He's a TE/WR/RB., but i expect we use him basically just as WR.

Yeah that's college but we need to see him to see what he has.

Sus, check out his U tube stuff, it isn't long but wow it is spectacular. He's a TE/WR/RB., but i expect we use him basically just as WR.

If he can catch the ball he is better than most of our current WR's.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

If he can catch the ball he is better than most of our current WR's.

True that.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by DJamhour:
I just get a funny vibe that Kyle is keeping this guy a secret for as long as he possibly can. When this dude starts he's gonna rip the roof off the NFL, Kyle knows it too. Hurd will be a vicious secret weapon that creeps out into the playoffs.

I dont agree as he needs some experience in the league but lets just say youre right and I hope you are. That would be sick hahah

he in that window (taken off IR) yet where he has to practice to show he can be activated? or maybe i'm thinking of PUP...

Anytime after 6 weeks being on IR, they can open the three-week practice window. He's eligible to have the window opened now, but he's not ready, so they're not going to do anything yet. Shanahan stated they're taking it week-to-week to see when he is ready to practice. Make no mistake about it, as soon as he's healthy enough, he'll hit the practice field and we likely would see him play within the three weeks after that window is opened.

If I had to guess, I'd estimate on the low end, the window is opened up in 2 weeks, but possibly up to 4 weeks on the high end. I feel like he'll get to play at least one regular season game, but I'm hoping for more obviously.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 13, 2019 at 5:48 AM ]
Did Hurd playing practice this week? Any update?
Keeping expectations very very low with Hurd. Based off the past with young WRs it's best not to get hopes up to high then only to be disappointed by their struggles.

lmao I wish. Dude has no NFL regular-season reps.
"Hollywood" Brown didn't have any regular season snaps and posted a 4-147-2 in his first game.

Of course Jalen doesn't have a cool nickname yet(that i know of), so probably a bad example.

I also have a feeling that he will have that "it" factor.

Niners aren't going to start his 3 week window until he is ready to start practicing. He will need all of those 3 weeks to be game ready. I am excited to see what he can do. Hopefully its this year.
Last I read, Jalen can return after the Green Bay game. That's sounds about right because Kyle said this week he is not ready for full practice.

I think Hurd will make n impact. He hs good hands and played with a killer instinct in the preseason. I think Hurd will eventually be used in different ways but they will play him in the slot at first.

I'm ready for the Thundering Hurd to get his opportunity. Don't know if we'll see him against Baltimore. But whenever he's back.. man, I can't wait.
I'm ready for the Thundering Hurd to get his opportunity. Don't know if we'll see him against Baltimore. But whenever he's back.. man, I can't wait.

Jalen "Buffalo" Hurd?
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

Jalen "Buffalo" Hurd?

Feel like "Thundering Hurd" rolls of the tongue best.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 13, 2019 at 8:03 AM ]
Feel like "Thundering Hurd" rolls of the tongue best.

I like it...would apply well to our Dline too
We saw very little from him and I don't know how good his hands are but I like his size, speed and RAC ability. I think he could really help in the red zone if he ever can get healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone