LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I wonder if it happened during that TD play when he tried to truck that safety. That was a solid collision.

Agree with your theory. He's trying to truck NFL players like he was still in college. He has to preserve his body by being smart when to truck and when to fold 'em. It's a long 16 game season and he's dealing with mutant humans like Bosa and Tuitt who can move like gazelles and stronger than oxes.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I didn't want to bring this up in the Jeff Wilson thread because I like the guy.. but just asking this question..

If Kyle is determined to get Coleman back on the field...and they deactivate Wilson to do so...couldn't Hurd be our Goal Line back, worse case scenario? Dude would be our biggest player and he's played RB. You could also motion him out wide and run it Juice or throw a fade/slant to Hurd.

I personally think they should find a way to trade Coleman and his contract.

I'd rather go with Samuel/Pettis/Goodwin/Hurd/James to keep Wilson active. I'm not sure who else will be deactivated, but Bourne is definitely one. Who were the inactives in the first three games?

**I just checked. Maybe deactivate Bourne and Day. We've really got to work out a trade for one or two of those guys.*
3 guys that need to be moved are Coleman, Goodwin, and McKinnon. They all have younger guys that can or have replaced them and are better.
This appears to describe his injury exactly: https://www.srs.org/patients-and-families/conditions-and-treatments/parents/spondylolysis

This is really serious. It could turn into something that takes months to heal and/or surgery if he hurts it worse. Generally this injury with rest takes 6-12 weeks to fully heal, although some sources say minimum 4-8 weeks.

Spondylolysis is the middle of 3 stages of injury to the pars interarticularis, with the first (least serious) being a stress reaction and the third (most serious) being actual slippage of vertebra(e), or spondylolisthesis.

Symptoms
-Persistent lower back pain
-Stiffness in the back or legs
-Hamstring muscle tightness.

Nonoperative Treatment
Most spondylolysis patients will respond well to conservative (nonoperative) medical management. Post-treatment "maintenance" exercises like truncal core muscle strengthening (pilates or yoga) may be prescribed to condition the muscles and minimize reinjury.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 24, 2019 at 5:28 AM ]
Can't wait to have this guy on the field. He could be our Delaine Walker "Swiss Army 🔪 "
https://www.uwhealth.org/files/uwhealth/docs/sportsmed/Spondy_Rehab_Guide.pdf

Look at page 4 for the rehabilitation chart/timeline for this type of condition.
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I didn't want to bring this up in the Jeff Wilson thread because I like the guy.. but just asking this question..

If Kyle is determined to get Coleman back on the field...and they deactivate Wilson to do so...couldn't Hurd be our Goal Line back, worse case scenario? Dude would be our biggest player and he's played RB. You could also motion him out wide and run it Juice or throw a fade/slant to Hurd.

I personally think they should find a way to trade Coleman and his contract.

I'd rather go with Samuel/Pettis/Goodwin/Hurd/James to keep Wilson active. I'm not sure who else will be deactivated, but Bourne is definitely one. Who were the inactives in the first three games?

**I just checked. Maybe deactivate Bourne and Day. We've really got to work out a trade for one or two of those guys.*
3 guys that need to be moved are Coleman, Goodwin, and McKinnon. They all have younger guys that can or have replaced them and are better.
Coleman is the best receiving back on them all. Please do not judge him off of 1 game. Or even 1 game and preseason.

I don't think we can move McKinnon. Who would take him + the contract? Plus, he's on IR. The best case scenario is that he balls in preseason (KS should really play McKinnon 50% of the time in preseason next year), and perhaps then we can net something higher than a 7th for him.

And why on earth would we move Goodwin? Have you forgotten what he can do? None of the younger guys can do what he does. Not a single one of them. Goodwin is in the perfect position once Samuel fully comes on. Pettis and Samuel as the starters, with Goodwin as our number 3 would be lethal.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hope Hurd is ready to come back - we need a redzone threat.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Coleman is the best receiving back on them all. Please do not judge him off of 1 game. Or even 1 game and preseason.

I don't think we can move McKinnon. Who would take him + the contract? Plus, he's on IR. The best case scenario is that he balls in preseason (KS should really play McKinnon 50% of the time in preseason next year), and perhaps then we can net something higher than a 7th for him.

And why on earth would we move Goodwin? Have you forgotten what he can do? None of the younger guys can do what he does. Not a single one of them. Goodwin is in the perfect position once Samuel fully comes on. Pettis and Samuel as the starters, with Goodwin as our number 3 would be lethal.

All of this. Goodwin clears so many guys out which creates space in the middle. A defense must respect his speed.

Hurd's revealed injury scares me. This guy came with a long medical so durability should always be a concern. Hairline fracture in his back? Wow. I just can't see him being ready even next week.

Shanahan said he's ready to come back next week. Doesn't sound like the back injury is too bad.
Originally posted by mayo49:

All of this. Goodwin clears so many guys out which creates space in the middle. A defense must respect his speed.

Hurd's revealed injury scares me. This guy came with a long medical so durability should always be a concern. Hairline fracture in his back? Wow. I just can't see him being ready even next week.

Shanahan said he's ready to come back next week. Doesn't sound like the back injury is too bad.

Yeah I don't believe him and I think he's one of those player coaches that likes to publicly say what's best scenario to keep players working hard toward rehab. It's not a bad thing it's just you can't rely on his projection until a player is really back.

If he plays after the bye, he will be at the absolute bare minimum recommended "time off" for this kind of injury, and that scares the crap out of me. I'd rather rest him further but I'm not on the medical staff. His last game was 8/19, first game missed was the 8/24 pre-season game. As of today, it's been a month since his injury.

In my opinion, albeit without all the facts, Hurd should not even be practicing until after the Browns game. I feel like anything before that just puts him at risk for going on season ending IR.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yeah I don't believe him and I think he's one of those player coaches that likes to publicly say what's best scenario to keep players working hard toward rehab. It's not a bad thing it's just you can't rely on his projection until a player is really back.

If he plays after the bye, he will be at the absolute bare minimum recommended "time off" for this kind of injury, and that scares the crap out of me. I'd rather rest him further but I'm not on the medical staff. His last game was 8/19, first game missed was the 8/24 pre-season game. As of today, it's been a month since his injury.

In my opinion, albeit without all the facts, Hurd should not even be practicing until after the Browns game. I feel like anything before that just puts him at risk for going on season ending IR.

100 % agreed.

We need him for the rest of the season. Far more important than rushing him back for one game.

Hope Hurd is ready to come back - we need a redzone threat.

We have our redzone threat in Jeff Wilson lol
Curious as to how he got the fracture. Wonder if it was from the preseason hit, when he ran it in for that TD...
This dude is going to define the modern day H back: he is an outside receiver, a slot, a TE, a wing back, a running back, a pulling tackle, a lead guard... all in one.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
This dude is going to define the modern day H back: he is an outside receiver, a slot, a TE, a wing back, a running back, a pulling tackle, a lead guard... all in one.

but nooo... we should have drafted Hakeem Butler
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

but nooo... we should have drafted Hakeem Butler

Both have played 0 games so far...
Share 49ersWebzone