LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Hurd going to be our X who should get lots of targets. Can't wait. FINALLY!! It's time to phase out our mediocre one-dimensional WRs.
I didn't want to bring this up in the Jeff Wilson thread because I like the guy.. but just asking this question..

If Kyle is determined to get Coleman back on the field...and they deactivate Wilson to do so...couldn't Hurd be our Goal Line back, worse case scenario? Dude would be our biggest player and he's played RB. You could also motion him out wide and run it Juice or throw a fade/slant to Hurd.

I personally think they should find a way to trade Coleman and his contract.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 23, 2019 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I didn't want to bring this up in the Jeff Wilson thread because I like the guy.. but just asking this question..

If Kyle is determined to get Coleman back on the field...and they deactivate Wilson to do so...couldn't Hurd be our Goal Line back, worse case scenario? Dude would be our biggest player and he's played RB. You could also motion him out wide and run it Juice or throw a fade/slant to Hurd.

I personally think they should fine a way to trade Coleman and his contract.

It's a possibility but you don't want to put in a guy at a position he hasn't really practiced. Full time RBs take a few carries to get a feel for the game. I know he has RB experience but it wouldn't be the best move to do that to him and have high expectations. I'd rather scheme up man coverage and give him jump balls.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Thought so. No way that was purely a sprain.

Originally posted by okdkid:

a hairline fracture in his back? i dont have a lot of confidence that he'll play MNF(maybe in 2019)
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
a hairline fracture in his back? i dont have a lot of confidence that he'll play MNF(maybe in 2019)

If it's healed -- which is easy to see on imaging -- he is good to go. This was never a "muscle pull".

Mild back sprains don't take this long to heal.

No doubt team doctors caught it late. They let him catch passes off the jugs machine. No chance they do that if they knew his back was literally broken.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Need clarity on if it's a herniation, stress fracture or strain.

Shanahan's initial confidence made it seem like a strain. But now I wonder if there's something structurally wrong - herniation or stress fracture. We will see...

Seriously. They have been mum on how he even injured it and details. Annoying.

WELPPP
Who cares what his injury was. He's coming back next game
Totally forgot about him tbh. We need someone to step up at WR and he could be that guy

Originally posted by NCommand:
Need clarity on if it's a herniation, stress fracture or strain.

Shanahan's initial confidence made it seem like a strain. But now I wonder if there's something structurally wrong - herniation or stress fracture. We will see...

Seriously. They have been mum on how he even injured it and details. Annoying.

WELPPP

And there it is.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 23, 2019 at 4:06 PM ]
Hope this guy is ready to come back & work his way back into action with Jimmy G
It's the best type of back injury because it will heal unlike a herniated disc or a degenerative condition. Even back spasms can be more painful and less predictable.
I wonder if it happened during that TD play when he tried to truck that safety. That was a solid collision.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I personally think they should find a way to trade Coleman and his contract.

I'd rather go with Samuel/Pettis/Goodwin/Hurd/James to keep Wilson active. I'm not sure who else will be deactivated, but Bourne is definitely one. Who were the inactives in the first three games?

**I just checked. Maybe deactivate Bourne and Day. We've really got to work out a trade for one or two of those guys.*
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Sep 23, 2019 at 5:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone