There are 187 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
^^^they are targeting Hurd to be back after the bye week

I'm so ready for this. Deebo at X, Hurd at Z, Kittle at TE...Juice, Mostert, Breida and Wilson.

Taylor should be back after that too. The slot could be fun with Taylor and Hurd complimenting each other.

KS probably can't sleep thinking of all the ways to use these weapons.

I'm so ready for this. Deebo at X, Hurd at Z, Kittle at TE...Juice, Mostert, Breida and Wilson.

Taylor should be back after that too. The slot could be fun with Taylor and Hurd complimenting each other.

Deebo, Hurd, Kittle and Goodwin on the field sale time, yes please!
Shanahan said he still expects to get rookie wide receiver Jalen Hurd (back injury) back after the bye week, which would be in time for the 49ers' Week 5 matchup against the Cleveland Browns.

"He's on track," Shanahan said. "We'll see how it is when we get back from the bye week."

Would be huge.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Really interested to see if we ever get the actual diagnosis. This is a very long recovery for a "back strain".
Originally posted by okdkid:
Really interested to see if we ever get the actual diagnosis. This is a very long recovery for a "back strain".

I strained a muscle in my back earlier this year..... I couldn't get off the floor for two days, couldn't get out of bed for one, and couldn't return to work for a week and a half. 3 months later I still can't do the movements that would be required of an nfl receiver.

It doesn't have to be "serious" to be painful and drawn out.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

I strained a muscle in my back earlier this year..... I couldn't get off the floor for two days, couldn't get out of bed for one, and couldn't return to work for a week and a half. 3 months later I still can't do the movements that would be required of an nfl receiver.

The doctors let him catch balls a week later.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Time to cut this guy loose? Bring back Matthews?

I thought we were done with these posts after we released him. Matthews is out of football. That ship has sailed. Never should have brought him in to begin with. He isnt good.

Originally posted by 5thSFG:

The doctors let him catch balls a week later.

I'd say his timeline mirrors mine then.... I think he'll be good after the bye
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 20, 2019 at 2:57 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Who's the slot?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Who's the slot?

Taylor and James and Pettis.

Seems weird that once we get to full strength that Pettis would be our 6/7 WR.

Goodwin/Deebo are WR1a / WR1b
Hurd is unknown, but looked the part during his only preseason playing time
Taylor was rumored to have a great camp
James is too good to drop and keeps making plays

Bourne/Pettis are left holding the bag...

*edit: just read about Taylor. hmm that's not encouraging. I guess James and Pettis man the slot.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Sep 20, 2019 at 3:03 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
START getting rid the taste of Taylor.. the guy is done because James will end up being the better player anyhow.
Hurd is the best WR on the team... Change my mind.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Hurd is the best WR on the team... Change my mind.

I hope you're right, because if you are, then he's better than Deebo who's looking good!
Share 49ersWebzone