There are 187 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-WR-Baylor is a 49ER

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
Originally posted by Youngone:
I always wanted Matthews over Bourne. That's a real statement. Bourne is a great story and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

How can u not see it when hes already done it?? We're not expecting a 1000 yard 9 td year from him..we need him to play his role and get around 5-600 yards 4-6 tds

I think that production came more out of necessity. I believe he has a role to play but if the guys ahead of him stay healthy, I feel like it's unlikely he'll get enough targets to put up those numbers again.
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
I always wanted Matthews over Bourne. That's a real statement. Bourne is a great story and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

How can u not see it when hes already done it?? We're not expecting a 1000 yard 9 td year from him..we need him to play his role and get around 5-600 yards 4-6 tds

I think that production came more out of necessity. I believe he has a role to play but if the guys ahead of him stay healthy, I feel like it's unlikely he'll get enough targets to put up those numbers again.

Exactly, he filled the void with a shortage of talent and our top 2 guys injured. By that same measure Matthews already accomplished way more than Bourne has, just not for us.

I'm excited for Deebo and Hurd. Goodwin can be explosive and deserved his spot. Pettis has shown flashes but needs to stay consistent and healthy (so do Goodwin and Hurd)
Exactly, he filled the void with a shortage of talent and our top 2 guys injured. By that same measure Matthews already accomplished way more than Bourne has, just not for us.

I'm excited for Deebo and Hurd. Goodwin can be explosive and deserved his spot. Pettis has shown flashes but needs to stay consistent and healthy (so do Goodwin and Hurd)

Exactly.. so ur asking a #4 or #5 wr on the team to fill in for a #1 wr out of necessity cuz they got injured.. ok so u expect him to do what?? Put up #1 wr stat #s??? Considering he's the #4 or 5 wr on the team and has been pushed up to #1 wr cuz on injuries he did pretty decent going against the other best teams corners.. why do u think kittle was targeted so much?? Besides the fact he's a great player KS knowing he has his #4 wr playing #1 knows he cant really go to him consistently like that cuz at the end of the day he still is the #4 wr for a reason... you guys think im saying bourne is the next hot thing out or he's gonna have 100 yards next week or something..what I'm saying is considering the circumstances he was put it (undrafted rookie..#4 wr..ect) he has put up decent #s and done pretty good for us..i like Richie James more than bourne..but u guys talk like bourne is some kind of 1st rd bust that should be putting up 1000 yard seasons.. think about it mathews had 800 something yards with buffalo being the #1 we all season long.. bourne has 500+ playing #1 for us being the #1 for us for like 4 games... and mathews was a high draft pick with expectations and bourne bourne was undrafted
[ Edited by yung_prophet_one on Sep 11, 2019 at 8:47 PM ]

Exactly.. so ur asking a #4 or #5 wr on the team to fill in for a #1 wr out of necessity cuz they got injured.. ok so u expect him to do what?? Put up #1 wr stat #s??? Considering he's the #4 or 5 wr on the team and has been pushed up to #1 wr cuz on injuries he did pretty decent going against the other best teams corners.. why do u think kittle was targeted so much?? Besides the fact he's a great player KS knowing he has his #4 wr playing #1 knows he cant really go to him consistently like that cuz at the end of the day he still is the #4 wr for a reason... you guys think im saying bourne is the next hot thing out or he's gonna have 100 yards next week or something..what I'm saying is considering the circumstances he was put it (undrafted rookie..#4 wr..ect) he has put up decent #s and done pretty good for us..i like Richie James more than bourne..but u guys talk like bourne is some kind of 1st rd bust that should be putting up 1000 yard seasons.. think about it mathews had 800 something yards with buffalo being the #1 we all season long.. bourne has 500+ playing #1 for us being the #1 for us for like 4 games... and mathews was a high draft pick with expectations and bourne bourne was undrafted

I was of the opinion that neither Matthews or Bourne would get much of a chance this season unless there were a lot of injuries at WR.
The draft status or history wasn't important at this point.
Bourne took 26 snaps on Sunday. The 17 he took on offense could have been taken by Matthews ( maybe with similar results).
It was the 9 snaps he took on special teams that kept him on the roster. That's just the nature of the game.
The team had to determine Matthews was SO much better than Bourne, that it made up for ST value, they didn't and here we are.
Hopefully Pettis, Hurd and Taylor get those offensive snaps moving forward. Bourne does have one special ability though and that's AVAILABILITY!
How much longer is he gonna be out for?
^^^they are targeting Hurd to be back after the bye week
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

I'm so ready for this. Deebo at X, Hurd at Z, Kittle at TE...Juice, Mostert, Breida and Wilson.

Taylor should be back after that too. The slot could be fun with Taylor and Hurd complimenting each other.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I'm so ready for this. Deebo at X, Hurd at Z, Kittle at TE...Juice, Mostert, Breida and Wilson.

Taylor should be back after that too. The slot could be fun with Taylor and Hurd complimenting each other.

Adding more weapons to this team is only gonna make them stronger. Cant wait.

popping would just thinking about that

KS probably can't sleep thinking of all the ways to use these weapons.

Deebo, Hurd, Kittle and Goodwin on the field sale time, yes please!
Shanahan said he still expects to get rookie wide receiver Jalen Hurd (back injury) back after the bye week, which would be in time for the 49ers' Week 5 matchup against the Cleveland Browns.

"He's on track," Shanahan said. "We'll see how it is when we get back from the bye week."

Would be huge.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Really interested to see if we ever get the actual diagnosis. This is a very long recovery for a "back strain".
Originally posted by okdkid:
Really interested to see if we ever get the actual diagnosis. This is a very long recovery for a "back strain".

I strained a muscle in my back earlier this year..... I couldn't get off the floor for two days, couldn't get out of bed for one, and couldn't return to work for a week and a half. 3 months later I still can't do the movements that would be required of an nfl receiver.

It doesn't have to be "serious" to be painful and drawn out.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Originally posted by okdkid:

I strained a muscle in my back earlier this year..... I couldn't get off the floor for two days, couldn't get out of bed for one, and couldn't return to work for a week and a half. 3 months later I still can't do the movements that would be required of an nfl receiver.

It doesn't have to be "serious" to be painful and drawn out.

The doctors let him catch balls a week later.
Share 49erswebzone