LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Could not disagree more. KS gets people open and we need RZ help. Hurd is amazing after the catch and he adds an element we don't have at WR right now. He will be a starter sooner than later imo.

All our wrs are amazing after the catch..thats what shanahan looks for in this system.. from debo to kittle to Pettis to Goodwin can fly..so he really doesn't bring a element that we don't have in that aspect..i agree with him being different than all the other guys we have but the system can only get u open so much..you still have to be able to get off the jam if there's one..be able to run a good crisp route..be able to get some separation from a nfl corner.. he's been a wr for a year going against nfl corners who have been corners for a long time.. the player still has to do his part effectively on the play to get open.. he's a beast don't get me wrong I like hurd..but this isn't big 12 or pre season corners he's gonna go against.. he just needs a season to get fully comfortable to being wr.. I thought it was pretty well known that Hurd is a project when we drafted him.. so why is it you guys expect him to get substantial playing time this year specially with how deep we are at wr
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Youngone:
Time to cut this guy loose? Bring back Matthews?

why?

Just niner talking
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Please tell me you are joking

Well at the very least Bourne, dude looks lost out there.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Please tell me you are joking

I always wanted Matthews over Bourne. That's a real statement. Bourne is a great story and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's too young to be having back issues.

You guys are trippin man..its one single game..bourne has been the most productive and consistent wr and after one week he "looks lost"
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
All our wrs are amazing after the catch..thats what shanahan looks for in this system.. from debo to kittle to Pettis to Goodwin can fly..so he really doesn't bring a element that we don't have in that aspect..i agree with him being different than all the other guys we have but the system can only get u open so much..you still have to be able to get off the jam if there's one..be able to run a good crisp route..be able to get some separation from a nfl corner.. he's been a wr for a year going against nfl corners who have been corners for a long time.. the player still has to do his part effectively on the play to get open.. he's a beast don't get me wrong I like hurd..but this isn't big 12 or pre season corners he's gonna go against.. he just needs a season to get fully comfortable to being wr.. I thought it was pretty well known that Hurd is a project when we drafted him.. so why is it you guys expect him to get substantial playing time this year specially with how deep we are at wr

I think the term raw gets thrown around a bit but one of the reasons I liked Hurd so much coming out was that his route running was actually really good. Of course he is new to the position but you wouldn't know if you just watched him play.

And Goodwin isn't great after the catch even though he's fast. He's not making a lot of people miss. Hurd can run through you like no other player on this team besides Kittle. I don't think we kept that many WRs because we were planning on redshirting Hurd, I think we just liked that many WRs so we kept that many.

He wasn't lost when Jimmy missed him over the middle. He was open not lost.
Originally posted by susweel:
He's too young to be having back issues.

He gets laid way more than you do Sus !
I always wanted Matthews over Bourne. That's a real statement. Bourne is a great story and I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

How can u not see it when hes already done it?? We're not expecting a 1000 yard 9 td year from him..we need him to play his role and get around 5-600 yards 4-6 tds

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:

You guys are trippin man..its one single game..bourne has been the most productive and consistent wr and after one week he "looks lost"

One game? Dude has been in this system for three seasons and he still looks lost. Being the most productive at 500 yards isn't saying much and this guys drops passes on the daily. Time to GTFO, can't wait till Hurd gets back and Taylor.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

He wasn't lost when Jimmy missed him over the middle. He was open not lost.

Watch that again its a miscommunication, dude stopped on his route like he realized it was the wrong one he ran.
I think the term raw gets thrown around a bit but one of the reasons I liked Hurd so much coming out was that his route running was actuI jally really good. Of course he is new to the position but you wouldn't know if you just watched him play.

And Goodwin isn't great after the catch even though he's fast. He's not making a lot of people miss. Hurd can run through you like no other player on this team besides Kittle. I don't think we kept that many WRs because we were planning on redshirting Hurd, I think we just liked that many WRs so we kept that many.

I don't really want or care if my wr can run over a corner.. running over guys isnt really what wrs are supposed 2 do..even tho there are physical wrs running over guys is more so a TE job..a physical wr is a guy that can be physical off the line of scrimmage to where the corner doesn't want to jam you cuz he lost the battle immediately cuz the wr created separation by shedding off the corner like a lil fly..i agree with goodwin not being able to make guys miss like that..he has speed and most if his yac come from him running past everyone ane taking it in..and Hurd doesn't make people miss..hes just a big b*****d that's hard to bring down lol
[ Edited by yung_prophet_one on Sep 11, 2019 at 2:25 PM ]
Watch that again its a miscommunication, dude stopped on his route like he realized it was the wrong one he ran.

hmmm...can't find. Got a link?
i feel like IR is inevitable. back issues are no joke
Share 49ersWebzone