LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by genus49:
I hope I'm wrong about this pick but damnit...feels like we left starters on the board for a project.

3 years as a power back

1 year at WR almost a thousand yards 60+ catches.....

What did Shanny 1.0 do with a RB that could play WR?

We cant hate on this....... This is Ricky Watters/Roger Craig Like
Originally posted by krizay:
All the more reason to not get cute

You know more than Shanahan and Lynch? GTFO
Lynch has answered the prayers of the the Zone. The WR core is revamped!
This dude reminds of someone. Kaepernick as a WR.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Thats what free agency is for. The draft is for future needs.
With that said, lynch didnt do enough to address the defense during the FA period

They signed Kwon Alexander, traded for Ford and signed Verrett, you're not going to fix all the issues in one year. I'm guessing next year they dedicate the draft to the secondary and any upgrades needed on the OL.
Just when I think Lynch is finally pulling off a decent draft he pulls a head scratcher in round 3. So many good players left on the board, to pick a player that might not even be draft with a top 67 pick is crazy. Then again marijuana is now legal in CA. Maybe he had an edible and thought he was in round 7
More weapons for jimmy
Interesting pick. Was actually hoping after Bosa we would go with a second tight end to run an O similar to the Pats when they had Gronk and Hernandez. That's the feel I'm getting from them selecting Hurd.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He is way too upright to play any RB in the NFL, and doesn't read holes well at all, so I don't think he is getting carries in the NFL. However, as a WR, there is a lot to like. He has the juice to run routes and get consistently open. He is as raw as sushi right now in his footwork, but for a team that is patient, they might have a really good number two WR in about three years. He just needs a LOT of work.

This makes him a day 3 pick not a high 3rd rounder especially with more pressing needs and given we took Samuel with a high 2.
Steal will be our Julio in 2 years

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Thats what free agency is for. The draft is for future needs.
With that said, lynch didnt do enough to address the defense during the FA period

Lmao what????
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
Big target who goes from receiver to dangerous runner fast.
Can it be a sign that TO announced that pick?

It would be great if he produced like TO.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by Sfwusc:
WRs

Pettis
Samuel
Mathews
Taylor
Goodwin
Hurd

Don't be surprised if Mathew's is the odd man out. Although surprised, Hurd is an intriguing pick. Running back skills with a record of success and learning to become a receiver. Just think if you have Pettis, Samuel, Goodwin, Taylor on the perimeter and Hurd lined up in the back field. Hurd can run effectively. How do you defend that?

I think they carry one less RB than last year. No need to have Morris, Wilson etc anymore
Why are people b***hing.......I love the pick.

We can get a short yardage back, a wr, a hybrid......an OW.....offensive weapon. If the guy played RB he is going to be a beast with the YAC. I like the versatility. He's like a cordarrelle patterson for us.

We get a guy with size.......what's not to like? Yes we got Deebo.....but we need more weapons.

I'm loving the team so far!!!
  • All22
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone