There are 195 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Need Hurd back to take on the DBs trying to be physical. Debo has problems and Pettis always has.

His size, aggression and versatility has been missed.

Hurd is the answer

Red zone threat so that we don't have to keep relying on Kittle.
Wtf did he actually injure? Heard it was back but it's been almost a month. Sounds like what Taylor went thru last year
Originally posted by tohara3:
My guess would be at least not until after the bye

That's my thinking as well. Hopefully he can get healthy and contribute THIS season, u have a feeling we're going to need him.
Missed another practice. I think it's safe to say this injury is more serious than they're letting on.
Yeah what's the word on the Hurd?
Originally posted by Heroism:
Missed another practice. I think it's safe to say this injury is more serious than they're letting on.

If it is then why not just put him on the IR? I'd hate to see it but if he won't be able to play for a long time then may as well give someone else the roster spot.

I'm hoping we're just being extra careful and he'll be back after the bye.

hes not practicing or playing so its obviously somewhat serious. he didnt get placed on IR though so they are hoping he is back soon.
Lets just take a breather and look at the schedule again. 3 games then a bye, 2 of those against the bucs and bengals. If its an injury that could be re-aggravated coupled with a position group that they dont feel the need to rush anyone back into... it would seem to make sense to take the most conservative approach. If he is still out after the bye then hit the panic button but also remember that if he is active then Goodwin, Pettis, Samuel, James or Bourne becomes inactive... for as much as we love preseason and height, those guys all know the playbook and have more experience in it than Hurd. But once he gets back it will be a nice problem to have in figuring out who is active on gamedays.
Time to cut this guy loose? Bring back Matthews?
Originally posted by Youngone:

Please tell me you are joking

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Youngone:

why?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

If it is then why not just put him on the IR? I'd hate to see it but if he won't be able to play for a long time then may as well give someone else the roster spot.

I'm hoping we're just being extra careful and he'll be back after the bye.

Because then he's out eight weeks, mandatory. If they think the injury will be resolved in less time, why would they do that to themselves? They have to deactivate a WR (or two) on game day anyways. His roster spot hurts no one.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Because then he's out eight weeks, mandatory. If they think the injury will be resolved in less time, why would they do that to themselves? They have to deactivate a WR (or two) on game day anyways. His roster spot hurds no one.

FTFY
He's too raw still to be getting legit playing time this season..specially with our wrs being as deep as we are it wouldn't be smart to put in a raw product and take one of our wrs that can ball off the field..lets face it there gonna put him on IR so he can work on becoming full time wr and we'll see him getting PT next year..thats why we came into this season with 7 wrs knowing Hurd is basically getting red shirted
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
He's too raw still to be getting legit playing time this season..specially with our wrs being as deep as we are it wouldn't be smart to put in a raw product and take one of our wrs that can ball off the field..lets face it there gonna put him on IR so he can work on becoming full time wr and we'll see him getting PT next year..thats why we came into this season with 7 wrs knowing Hurd is basically getting red shirted

Could not disagree more. KS gets people open and we need RZ help. Hurd is amazing after the catch and he adds an element we don't have at WR right now. He will be a starter sooner than later imo.
Share 49ersWebzone