LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 309 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Another player we were tied too. Ledyard had him going in the 4th.

WR Jalen Hurd, Baylor, 4 
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I felt like we needed more help on defense...guess Bosa is all we need

Or safety, or guard, or DB....... a project in the 3rd round is bringing back memories of our last GM
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
So he's going to be our homeless man's (not even a poor man's) Ricky Watters / Terrell Owens / Vernon Davis
Redzone target for the last 3 years this team are one of the worst team finishing at the redzone. Shanny just drafted two WR that are greag redzone target.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
https://fansided.com/2018/07/13/jalen-hurd-on-track-2019-nfl-combine-workout-warrior/

Hurd squatted more than 500 pounds, ran the 40-yard dash consistently in the 4.4-second range, posted a 40-inch vertical jump and ran 20-yard shuttles of 3.8 and 3.9 seconds. For some context, as cited by Hayes, the best vertical jump at this year's NFL Combine was 41.5 inches and the recent best at the combine in the 20-yard shuttle was 3.81.

Haha. 4.66 at his Baylor Pro Day. Propaganda article.
He had knee surgery in December . I think he was still recovering. Which makes that 4.66 pretty crazy if so
Originally posted by nothing03:
Redzone target for the last 3 years this team are one of the worst team finishing at the redzone. Shanny just drafted two WR that are greag redzone target.

Can't argue with that.

They are s**t in pass rush and s**t in red zone. They're fixing the issues.
I am an SEC guy....i remember him as a recruit, but didn't realize he was still playing....

You guys know what this could be?

Ricky Watters......

Go watch the highlights ( there are tons of them) This could be our new Ricky Watters.

Missmatch nightmare
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
At least they drafted a big guy. Receiving group needed an overhaul since it was terrible. No more kendrick bournes and goodwins.

Bourne yes, Goodwin no. Neither Deebo nor Hurd have speed.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 26, 2019 at 7:07 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by krizay:
What about Beathard? Moore?

The hit rate for players drafted in the first round is 57%

46% in the second

I don't know what the third round is but you get the point.

All the more reason to not get cute
https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/2/16/18219809/could-jalen-hurd-be-the-do-it-all-offensive-weapon-for-the-redskins-offense

Everything anyone wants to know about him.

Dude was a legend as a highschool recruit. Again.. Shanny likes to scheme guys open... this guy was going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick as a 6'4 240 pound RB. He slimmed down to 220, has top tier hands... not gonna crown him like I will Deebo but this is the type of guy KS loves. Hell he could put on that 20 pounds again and be one of the most athletic TE's in the league. Allot of things to like when you get over how raw he is at the WR position.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I felt like we needed more help on defense...guess Bosa is all we need

Thats what free agency is for. The draft is for future needs.
With that said, lynch didnt do enough to address the defense during the FA period
RedZone maker!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I am an SEC guy....i remember him as a recruit, but didn't realize he was still playing....

You guys know what this could be?

Ricky Watters......

Go watch the highlights ( there are tons of them) This could be our new Ricky Watters.

Missmatch nightmare

This phrase gets thrown around way to much around here.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dschen:
Well Shanny's vision is becoming clearer... all our RBs are WRs and all our WRs are RBs. Think he's going to have fun drawing this up? Everybody can run after the catch and almost all of them have wiggle. This maximizes Jimmy G's ability to quickly find the open guy and get the ball out into space. Shanny will get props for changing the game...

It's going to be a fun team to watch.

All kidding / dissing aside, I'm feeling this vision and I do hope it works out soon. I want shanny to crush erryone
Big target who goes from receiver to dangerous runner fast.
Can it be a sign that TO announced that pick?
Share 49ersWebzone