Jalen Hurd-WR-Baylor is a 49ER

Originally posted by dj43:
This morning Greg Papa was talking about Kyle putting Kittle, Deebo, Hurd, Juice and Coleman on the field at the same time...and just having some fun watching opposing teams trying to figure out who was a TE, who was a WR and who was an Arby.

I wouldn't want to be a 200 pound CB trying to get them on the ground or a LB trying to cover any of those guys.

Crazy to think that we could have a 2 TE 2 RB set in the huddle then go 5 wide when the defense subs in their heavy run personnel. People want to hate on Kyle and Lynch for overpaying Juice and Jmac but this seems to be what he was envisioning the whole time. The bonus is how Breida and Coleman can pick up for Jmac's injury.
This morning Greg Papa was talking about Kyle putting Kittle, Deebo, Hurd, Juice and Coleman on the field at the same time...and just having some fun watching opposing teams trying to figure out who was a TE, who was a WR and who was an Arby.

I wouldn't want to be a 200 pound CB trying to get them on the ground or a LB trying to cover any of those guys.

Exciting opportunities for Kyle no doubt

Yeah that is pretty interesting. Deebo and Coleman could be the wideouts, Hurd the RB Juice the TE and Kittle the fullback LOL.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Redzone package?

Redzone? That's going to end up being our primary offense.
Peter King.

Who stood out to King during the practice he observed? That would be rookie wide receiver Jalen Hurd.

"He looks like — not a third-round rookie — he looks like a third-year veteran," King said. "Very, very impressive, competitive, fights for the ball, fights for every yard. I think he's going to have an impact on this San Francisco offense this year."
OW v2 perhaps?
Peter King was raving about this kid. Really excited to watch him in KS offense
He's going to be Kyle Shanahan's version of his father's Ed McCaffery with a new twist.

He's going to be EVERY-WHERE.

'Hey dad, remember when you said Ed is so good, you wished he could be at other places in the offense... '
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 15, 2019 at 6:57 AM ]
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I still can't believe we tried over the shoulder throws from the 5 yard line. SMH. Up high and to the back shoulder works the most. Dumbest passing decisions ever.

Don't even get me started with the Ravens big nose tackle out of the game with Frank Gore running all over them in the 2nd half and didn't call Frank's number at the 5 yard line.

Jim Harbaugh is a booger eating moron...
People forget that this kid started OVER Alvin Kamara who is one of the best in the game right now. Hurd is going to be an special all around play maker.

What a draft pick, and to think most wanted Hakeem Butler in the 3rd round LOL. That man is looking awful in camp thus far. LEVELS to this.

I love all the possibilities with the receiver/RB combos but before we start getting too cute we need to get the basics down so we function like a machine. Once the O line is stabilized and Jimmy is hitting his receivers in stride then we can start throwing in the wrinkles. I don't want to rely weird sets and trick plays to win. Those things can be really successful when used right but they can backfire too.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I love all the possibilities with the receiver/RB combos but before we start getting too cute we need to get the basics down so we function like a machine. Once the O line is stabilized and Jimmy is hitting his receivers in stride then we can start throwing in the wrinkles. I don't want to rely weird sets and trick plays to win. Those things can be really successful when used right but they can backfire too.

Well, i agree with most of this, but think this is going to be the norm...weird sets, and plays...SCHEMED by kyle to get one of his receivers, or OWs open. We better be ready for weird looking sets and what look like trick plays, but are in effect, just the way kyle schemes his games. It is like: "If Joe does this, and Billy does that, and Amos does this then Blinky is going to be open...right here.

Kyle evidently has the incredible ability to visualize what Ds will do in response to the sets he calls and the plays he runs...and he KNOWS who is going to be open and where...and when. Understanding a play is one thing, explaining it is another. But to have a guy, an OC/HC who can visualize everything that is going to happen in response to his moves, he is able to counter the Ds counter. His ability to visualize , apparently in 3D, and in future time...is obviously something that most folks cant do. Ok, maybe GOAT BW, the Pats BB...but not many, if any....others.

So, i would expect to see a LOT of the things that very well may depend on weird sets and special plays.... i think kyle is ready for both....and expect to see a lot of it. His ability to play football chess in his head was previous 3 stops as OC...but now we get to see it here...and on our team. Lest we forget, kyle now has talent....talent which can pull off his scheming, weird sets an special plays. But they aren't tricks. They are the result of his uncanny ability to see what D response to his sets and play calls will be and is able to counter those in his head. GOAT BW did this to some extent, but kyle has it down to a science.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 15, 2019 at 8:37 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
TO is definitely my early comp. Not just the size, speed, strength and elusiveness in the open field, but the drive and mentality. Every ball is his and every catch is going for a TD.

Hopefully he isn't a self centered, locker room cancer inducing prick like TO was.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Well, i agree with most of this, but think this is going to be the norm...weird sets, and plays...SCHEMED by kyle to get one of his receivers, or OWs open. We better be ready for weird looking sets and what look like trick plays, but are in effect, just the way kyle schemes his games. It is like: "If Joe does this, and Billy does that, and Amos does this then Blinky is going to be open...right here.

Kyle evidently has the incredible ability to visualize what Ds will do in response to the sets he calls and the plays he runs...and he KNOWS who is going to be open and where...and when. Understanding a play is one thing, explaining it is another. But to have a guy, an OC/HC who can visualize everything that is going to happen in response to his moves, he is able to counter the Ds counter. His ability to visualize , apparently in 3D, and in future time...is obviously something that most folks cant do. Ok, maybe GOAT BW, the Pats BB...but not many, if any....others.

So, i would expect to see a LOT of the things that very well may depend on weird sets and special plays.... i think kyle is ready for both....and expect to see a lot of it. His ability to play football chess in his head was previous 3 stops as OC...but now we get to see it here...and on our team. Lest we forget, kyle now has talent....talent which can pull off his scheming, weird sets an special plays. But they aren't tricks. They are the result of his uncanny ability to see what D response to his sets and play calls will be and is able to counter those in his head. GOAT BW did this to some extent, but kyle has it down to a science.

You may be right but I was sitting in the seats for all those Walsh years and he had that same ability to break down defenses. I can remember sitting in the stands and saying to my buddy 'what has he created' as players consistently were wide open all over the field. In spite of his genius he still emphasized the fundamentals and had used the gadget plays sparingly. He would run a weird play and not use it again until the playoffs just to make the defenses aware that it was in the playbook so they had to spend time preparing for it. It's a different era now and the rules allow a much more wide open game so maybe Kyle's style is more fitting.
Dbl
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 15, 2019 at 9:42 AM ]
Share 49erswebzone