There are 215 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-WR-Baylor is a 49ER

thoughts on this prospect? started at tennessee as running back, transferred to baylor and moved to receiver believing that was his best path to nfl
I like him, but hes a day 3 prospect at best. Might be available as an UDFA.
  • All22
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,075


I like him. Runs Kyle's favorite post-corner route at 4:55 and 5:05. There's no other 6'5 240 RB's running routes like that. The schematic possibilities are endless.
Functions as both a Power/Short-Yardage Back and End-Zone Target. Saves a roster spot.
His pro day is scheduled in 3 days: if he performes as well as expected his draft stock could sore a bit.
I hope he'll be still there in the 6th rd for us.
He could be a wr/te/rb/fb that could line up across the offense.
His talent and potential are worth taking chance even in the 4th rd
He has all the measureables. Huge hands. Like the highlights. Not often you see a player high point a ball that many times in highlights Looks nice and fluid out there. Probably because he's tall but runs like Marcus Allen out of the backfield. Can't believe a 6'5" started as a RB in college.
If you just look at his highlights, he looks like a day 2 prospect. But if you're bored enough to watch an entire Baylor 2019 game, you'll see a ton of unforced drops, bobbles and almost a nonchalance about him that's really troubling. It's not to say that he can't fix these things (as I'm sure he could), but anything prior to a day 3 pick is a huge gamble IMO.
Wait, I'm just catching up here....

Dude is 6'5" 240 and plays both WR and RB??

Is there any comp for that kind of player in the NFL?

I mean, I know we used Delanie Walker as kind of a hybrid TE/FB, and he was pretty beefy. But he was definitely not 6'5".

He's interesting for sure. Seems like someone who would transition to TE in the pro though, right?
I run 4,63 at his pro day which is ok.
He should stay a day 3 pick and could still be there for your fist 6th rd pick.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Wait, I'm just catching up here....

Dude is 6'5" 240 and plays both WR and RB??

Is there any comp for that kind of player in the NFL?

I mean, I know we used Delanie Walker as kind of a hybrid TE/FB, and he was pretty beefy. But he was definitely not 6'5".

He's interesting for sure. Seems like someone who would transition to TE in the pro though, right?

He actually dropped weight to play WR and was around 220 for most of the 2018 season. He weighed in at 226 at the combine, so even though he's still a good-sized receiver, he's not quite as big as he was.
He is way too upright to play any RB in the NFL, and doesn't read holes well at all, so I don't think he is getting carries in the NFL. However, as a WR, there is a lot to like. He has the juice to run routes and get consistently open. He is as raw as sushi right now in his footwork, but for a team that is patient, they might have a really good number two WR in about three years. He just needs a LOT of work.

He's visiting 49ers headquarter today:him and AJ Brown would be my combo for this draft!
Originally posted by tatayoyo:
He's visiting 49ers headquarter today:him and AJ Brown would be my combo for this draft!

I feel like they both play the same role, no?
Originally posted by tatayoyo:
I run 4,63 at his pro day which is ok.
He should stay a day 3 pick and could still be there for your fist 6th rd pick.

Thought he runs a 4.45-4.47?
WANT
I saw this fool get D'seaned lollygagging into the end zone, slowing down to celebrate. I'll pass.
Share 49erswebzone