There are 112 users in the forums

The win over the Seahawks will be the turning point going forward for the Niners

Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wish the turning point game happened earlier in the season

This x 100

It's amazing to me to see this weeks win be spun into a "turnaround."

Until the team wins at least half of its games when there's still something to play for and beats teams it should beat (bottom feeders in the league), this isn't a "turnaround" for me. When the team is still realistically considered being in the playoff hunt in November or December, that's when it will be a turnaround - at least for me.

Have to agree. Its easy to reflect in the moment but only after you have climbed back to a Lombardi can you really tell which twist and turn really mattered the most.

A turnaround is Justin Smith hustling down field to cause a fumble and then consequently ripping off a bunch of wins, going on a run and everyone recognizing that play as the "turning point."
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wish the turning point game happened earlier in the season

This x 100

It's amazing to me to see this weeks win be spun into a "turnaround."

Until the team wins at least half of its games when there's still something to play for and beats teams it should beat (bottom feeders in the league), this isn't a "turnaround" for me. When the team is still realistically considered being in the playoff hunt in November or December, that's when it will be a turnaround - at least for me.

Have to agree. Its easy to reflect in the moment but only after you have climbed back to a Lombardi can you really tell which twist and turn really mattered the most.

A turnaround is Justin Smith hustling down field to cause a fumble and then consequently ripping off a bunch of wins, going on a run and everyone recognizing that play as the "turning point."

Beating the "Dream Team" at home.......
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wish the turning point game happened earlier in the season

This x 100

It's amazing to me to see this weeks win be spun into a "turnaround."

Until the team wins at least half of its games when there's still something to play for and beats teams it should beat (bottom feeders in the league), this isn't a "turnaround" for me. When the team is still realistically considered being in the playoff hunt in November or December, that's when it will be a turnaround - at least for me.

Have to agree. Its easy to reflect in the moment but only after you have climbed back to a Lombardi can you really tell which twist and turn really mattered the most.

A turnaround is Justin Smith hustling down field to cause a fumble and then consequently ripping off a bunch of wins, going on a run and everyone recognizing that play as the "turning point."

Beating the "Dream Team" at home.......

I miss that show...was it called Turning Point on ESPN?
Originally posted by NCommand:
I miss that show...was it called Turning Point on ESPN?

Nice. The turnaround thread!

Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I miss that show...was it called Turning Point on ESPN?

Nice. The turnaround thread!





I love this show.

Also..... @5 sec is what Jimmy was telling Kiara Mia the night he was with her
Originally posted by NCommand:
I miss that show...was it called Turning Point on ESPN?

I thought it was NFLN.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 42,998
I think the turning point will be when Jimmy and McKinnon get back. I think we'll do some damage next year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,328
Originally posted by NCommand:
A turnaround is Justin Smith hustling down field to cause a fumble and then consequently ripping off a bunch of wins, going on a run and everyone recognizing that play as the "turning point."

i thought the lions win was a turnaround but you may be right
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 52,328
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
A turnaround is Justin Smith hustling down field to cause a fumble and then consequently ripping off a bunch of wins, going on a run and everyone recognizing that play as the "turning point."

i thought the lions win was a turnaround but you may be right

oh, cc forgot to mention. a turnaround is when your season is on the edge early and steve young gets pissed at george and starts yelling. flash forward to present day and now our bar is. lose a bunch of games early and then start playing well when things are lost which gives fans and in last years case. coaches a false sense of confidence.

So did we turn the corner and carry over momentum?
Originally posted by NCommand:
So did we turn the corner and carry over momentum?

Ya of course! Didn't you see "momentum" and a "winning culture" get those sacks out there today? They were all over the field making plays.
Originally posted by NCommand:
So did we turn the corner and carry over momentum?

The all-world running game by that OL that really knows how to runblock was $ today. PFF agrees.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I remember in 2005, during the Reggie Bush/Mario Williams "race", the 49ers finished strong and lost out on the #1 overall pick. I, too, came up with this peachy narrative about how the wins were more important than the draft capital. "We've established a winning culture, that's so important!"

Then, for the next 5 years, the 49ers continued to be mediocre trash. It wasn't until 2011 with Harbaugh that we were a "winning" team. I'm sure Mario Williams 100 career sacks would've looked wonderful on those teams.

Anyone that thinks this game was a "statement" or a paradigm shift is delusional. The win was meaningless. No need to grasp at straws to come up with a colorful narrative, upsets happen every week in the NFL. One of the bad sides of fan forums is that they are echo chambers; if everybody tells each other the same lies over and over, they start to believe it.

Yeah, but history showed our problem wasn't simply talent. We just had horrible coaching. From 2007 on, we were okay in the talent department. I will say the one difference is adding a pass rusher. Whether it's Aldon Smith in 2011, Fred Dean in 1981 (along with Dwaine Board coming on strong), or even Andre Carter in 2001, the pass rusher is what helped us turn the corner. None of those guys did it by themselves, but are team was markedly different after they joined the team. As for whether this game was a statement or meaningless, only history proves that. The 1980 game against the Saints was a turning point because of what happened next. If nothing happens next, then it's meaningless. If we turn the corner in 2019, then we can point to it as a statement game. None of us know at this point.
Share 49erswebzone