Richard Hightower-Chicago Bears Special Teams Coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
I sent this to Robbie Gould on Twitter and asked him if Hightower would consider trying this, lol.

Love this!

While some coaches are playing chess others are sitting and pretending not to be asleep in front of a checkers board.

Sadly, I never got a response from RG Looks like my efforts to indirectly infuse some creativity into our PR/KR schemes have fallen on deaf ears. I have tried and failed.

I have failed countless times myself hoping to change the universe through the twitterverse.

But everytime I feel dejected, I remember the time the fan base came together to blast McGlinchey's poor play which lead to him having a career game and him admitting in the post game interview that we fueled him...and to keep it going!

Don't give up. Don't ever give up.

Kyle loves misdirection. You'd think some of that would rub off onto the return teams. That play in the clip seems like a very safe trick play.
Originally posted by thl408:
Kyle loves misdirection. You'd think some of that would rub off onto the return teams. That play in the clip seems like a very safe trick play.

That's a good point...didn't think of that. And often times it is the WR/RB's returning so you'd think they'd be used to that action.

That's a good point...didn't think of that. And often times it is the WR/RB's returning so you'd think they'd be used to that action.

I agree we need to scheme up a return or two. The big plays have been lacking from this unit. They should be taking at least one of these kickoffs or punt returns to the house this season. It would be nice to see them try a couple things so if they make it to the post season they could bust out whatever worked the best
I sent this to Robbie Gould on Twitter and asked him if Hightower would consider trying this, lol.

Love this!

While some coaches are playing chess others are sitting and pretending not to be asleep in front of a checkers board.

Sadly, I never got a response from RG Looks like my efforts to indirectly infuse some creativity into our PR/KR schemes have fallen on deaf ears. I have tried and failed.

I have failed countless times myself hoping to change the universe through the twitterverse.

But everytime I feel dejected, I remember the time the fan base came together to blast McGlinchey's poor play which lead to him having a career game and him admitting in the post game interview that we fueled him...and to keep it going!

Maybe I was too nice. NC, let's form a movement to absolutely BLAST Hightower for the STs play. Our FG/Punt blocking, coverage units, and playmaking in the KR/PR game are all awful. He needs to be put on notice! Make him feel the heat and get motivated!
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 28, 2020 at 10:49 AM ]

Love this!

Maybe I was too nice. NC, let's form a movement to absolutely BLAST Hightower for the STs play. Our FG/Punt blocking, coverage units, and playmaking in the KR/PR game are all awful. He needs to be put on notice! Make him feel the heat and get motivated!

This Hightower is amazingly under the radar!! Who made the call to make Gould the Kickoff guy? And why aren't the media guys asking the question?

Love this!

This Hightower is amazingly under the radar!! Who made the call to make Gould the Kickoff guy? And why aren't the media guys asking the question?
They actually did ask the question, and Shanahan said (paraphrasing) "it was a schematic thing, and we're not going to get any more specific than that."
They actually did ask the question, and Shanahan said (paraphrasing) "it was a schematic thing, and we're not going to get any more specific than that."

Thanks. Totally missed that. Sounds very mysterious to me. Or in code it means they screwed up.

Love this!

I'm in brother!
We need to upgrade. Our special teams suck.
Originally posted by AceDuce49:
If these are true, yes My question is how do you get to 29th in passing yet rank 4th in receiving?

Passing includes QB mistakes, but not drops and such.
Receiving includes drops but not ints or inaccurate balls.

Thanks. Totally missed that. Sounds very mysterious to me. Or in code it means they screwed up.

or were they checking to see if he could do it before moving Mitch to DB?
Originally posted by Who-is-Hayne:
or were they checking to see if he could do it before moving Mitch to DB?

Cheeky b*gger.
But seriously with Gould having 7 of his 9 Kick Offs returned albeit one out of bounds and one on side kick the risk of a returned TD is pretty high compared to Mitch's tackling ability. Mitch only has 12 of his 30 kick offs returned.
There must be something else at play because they made no adjustment during the Pats game.
Am i the only thinking that ST coach is really bad. And not only because of today's game but the KO coverage is so under average.
even last year i wasn't a fan... he doesnt coach up his players, from week to week some of them dont seem to be ready
when are we going to get rid of him ? Not soon enough he is in Shany's corner...
One of the reasons the 49ers are trailing at the half is because of Hightower. He is the worse ST coach in the NFL and really should be let go at season's end
Originally posted by Ark49er:
One of the reasons the 49ers are trailing at the half is because of Hightower. He is the worse ST coach in the NFL and really should be let go at season's end

Yuuuuup
Share 49ersWebzone