LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Player most likely to rebound from sophomore slump

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Player most likely to rebound from sophomore slump

Colberl played hurt since preseason and is another testament to Shanahan's insistence upon playing players who are hurt until they REALLY get hurt. He was playing at a Pro Bowl level at the end of 2017 and hopefully will come back rested and his old self in 2019.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Colberl played hurt since preseason and is another testament to Shanahan's insistence upon playing players who are hurt until they REALLY get hurt. He was playing at a Pro Bowl level at the end of 2017 and hopefully will come back rested and his old self in 2019.

Lol no he was never playing at a pro bowl level.
Sophmore slump? Man, all these players suck. Its not the slump thats the problem. Its the talent level.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by VegasNiner:
Solly's had an NFL slump

he did not show he deserved to be picked number one last year.

He wasn't picked number one though 🤯
I don't think it's a Sophamore slump, that's like one or two guys, pretty much every defender is have a sophomore slump...I think it's a Saleh Slump, these guys won't improve until Saleh is gone!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Dec 3, 2018 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I don't think it's a Sophie's slump, that's like one or two guys, pretty much every defender is have a sophomore slump...I think it's a Saleh Slump, these guys won't improve until Saleh is gone!

Completely agree. When you have multiple guys regressing, LBs covering speedy receivers 40 yds down the field, it's on the DC. Our tackling has been pretty suspect most of the year as well. The position coaches on D need to be replaced as well. Look to lock down Bowles when he gets released by the Jets.
Share 49ersWebzone