There are 148 users in the forums

Player most likely to rebound from sophomore slump

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Player most likely to rebound from sophomore slump

• thl408
These four showed varying degrees of promise in 2017, but all have regressed in 2018. Which one is most likely to regain their 2017 form and contribute in 2019?

Adrian Colbert: was making splash plays towards the end of 2017, zero this season. Battled injuries in preseason and beginning of regular season. IR'ed with ankle injury.

Ahkello Witherspoon: has been targeted heavily by opposing offenses this season and been burned in coverage in by way of missed assignments, penalties, and outright getting beat in coverage.

Soloman Thomas: has a lot on his mind regarding personal matters and perhaps that has affected his play in 2018. Not that he contributed a lot in 2017, but he looked better in 2017 than this season.

Trent Taylor: made a killing in 2017 as a short yardage option. Offseason back surgery most likely killed his short area burst.
Trent Taylor for sure. He hasn't been healthy all season. He should bounce back next season.
Sadly I don't see any of them bouncing back.. Had to pick nobody. I don't count ST b/c I'm not sure what he has to bounce back from. At least Taylor, Spoon, and Colbert showed spurts of good play last year. I hope they use Pettis more in the slot than Taylor next year.
I voted Taylor. Having jimmy back should help both him and Pettis
Nooooooooooooooooobody.

Our team couldn't recognized talent if they were at a pro bowl.
  • dj43
All of those guys could bounce back if complimentary pieces are put in place around them.

Taylor needs to get healthy and a QB that can find him.

Thomas needs to stay in his best spot...and have someone on the edge that can command constant attention so he (and DeFo) are not doubled inside.

Witherspoon needs an ER that prevents WRs from having 5 seconds to shake loose.

Colbert gets healthy and (see Witherspoon).

"Nooobody" is not the correct answer.

Three of those four choices all need the same thing to "bounce back." Can you see what that is?
Maybe if they have all of them steroids and hgh they might have a chance.
kyle shanahan
hopefully Jimmy G. That what should've been an 0-3 start, was horrible.
I wholeheartedly disagree with having Solomon Thomas as a selectable option in this poll.

In order to have a sophomore slump, there is an implication that the rookie season was played at a high enough level that a following bad season could be called a slump. Thomas didnt show a thing his rookie year, therefore it is not possible for him to have had a slump as a sophomore.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Nooooooooooooooooobody.

Mike McGlinchey, Fred Warner and George Kittle have already proven otherwise.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by susweel:
Nooooooooooooooooobody.

Mike McGlinchey, Fred Warner and George Kittle have already proven otherwise.

Meh
I would think Taylor being healthy next year and Jimmy G throwing to him would be a good choice.
Witherspoon & Tolbert, along with the signing of Sherm was exciting to anticipate but it didn't quite pan out this year. Hopefully they ALL bounce back next year
Reuben Fo.....oh wait
Witherspoon. He's already shown some corrections/improvement in recent weeks. Has a long way to go still, though.
Share 49erswebzone